• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect we will discover who was behind the murder tonight, but if its anything like the books, the details will take a few episodes.

I've already been "spoiled" but I didn't care. I wanted to know lol.

The consensus on this board is that it won't happen for a few episodes. I've never read the books, but if I had to guess... Tyrion is in for a long episode!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it has only shown that Little Finger was behind it… And the necklace was the poison. Good to know those people on here weren't leading me on with that talk. Although I was hoping it was Hodor in a way lol.

Pretty raunchy sex scene between Cersei & Jaime Lannister… Going to throw this out there… you'd have to be one f'd up individual to r*pe your sister next to the carcass of your inbred son. Just sayin...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already been "spoiled" but I didn't care. I wanted to know lol.

The consensus on this board is that it won't happen for a few episodes. I've never read the books, but if I had to guess... Tyrion is in for a long episode!

The last episode of this season is going to concentrate on the attack on the wall. Tyrion is going to suffer for many episodes to come, including the trials to defend himself. The final stuff evolving him on this matter will probably occur episode 9 and a few minutes of the last one.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far it has only shown that Little Finger was behind it… And the necklace was the poison. Good to know those people on here weren't leading me on with that talk. Although I was hoping it was Hodor in a way lol.

Pretty raunchy sex scene between Cersei & Jaime Lannister… Going to throw this out there… you'd have to be one f'd up individual to r*pe your sister next to the carcass of your inbred son. Just sayin...

I was wondering if the show was going to touch on that since it's considered one of the more disturbing events in the books. Kudos to them for having the guts to do it because few would.

That being said. The Lannisters are one hot mess of a family.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last episode of this season is going to concentrate on the attack on the wall. Tyrion is going to suffer for many episodes to come, including the trials to defend himself. The final stuff evolving him on this matter will probably occur episode 9 and a few minutes of the last one.

I don't really think this is much of a spoiler but just in case I'll type it in white.

Judging by the episode titles, I'd say you are right about episode 9 as episode 8 will no doubt be Tyrion's "trial", which I'm really looking forward to. Looks like King's Landing will finish the season at the end of Book 3. If you're right about the season finale the Wall won't quite make it to the end of Book 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think this is much of a spoiler but just in case I'll type it in white.

What I said about the wall isn't a spoiler since the producers of the show publicly announced what this seasons finale episode was going to be about during the media blitz leading up to season 4 a month ago. Jon Snow and the nightswatch defense of the wall against an attack that deals with the Wildling army and even white walkers show up as well. They were bragging about it because it's the most expensive episode they've done yet and were trying to get people hyped to watch season 4. Besides that, the only other things they made clear is that Arya Stark was going to get lots of attention and so was Dany as she starts actually attacking cities to build her army taking it to the next level.

As for the actual content of each weeks episode, nobody knows what's going to be presented in advance because even the actors and anyone involved with the production have to sign waivers that they have to keep silent about it. Lena Headey said the producers made it clear to her and all the rest of the actors that they say anything to anyone about what they filmed before any episode is released, they're instantly fired and will be sued for damages. She said it's really tough because everywhere she goes, she's constantly badgered for inside info. Especially in the UK.

She even mentioned awhile back that she's received tons of hate mail from and even verbally assaulted in public by women who've had children who said her actions as Cersei have actually emotionally traumatized them. As an actor, you got to love that at the same time. What a compliment that your that good at your job.

That being said, the I'm not going to be a dick and post spoilers each week Sunday night. I'll leave that for the smug bookfag thread.

But I think the next day rule is pretty gold when it comes to these things. Wait till monday to start getting into the heavy details of Sundays episode. If people didn't get to watch it by then and check this thread out, tough titty.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a thread for future discussion of this series (for those who read the books), stop posting spoilers.

edit: This thread should be for talk of what has taken place in the series thus far and innocent future presumptions without any book knowledge.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol at people being so worried about spoilers...

I never read the books... And I could care less about being told what happens. It doesn't make it any less entertaining to watch each week.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your perspective is your own, some people like the element of surprise.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While reading i spoiled the shit out of everything for myself.. picked up on way more clues and context

potzer25

The most eubillicant poster.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said about the wall isn't a spoiler since the producers of the show publicly announced what this seasons finale episode was going to be about during the media blitz leading up to season 4 a month ago.

Just because the producers posted a spoiler doesn't mean it is not a spoiler... :L

They casted Briene and Jaime's lovechild already - doesn't mean posting that isn't a spoiler as well.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show is doing a good job of showing Littlefinger to be the sneaky shit he is. Sansa got out of King's Landing, but certainly isn't safe under his wing. She jumped out of the boiling pot directly into the fire.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show is doing a good job of showing Littlefinger to be the sneaky shit he is. Sansa got out of King's Landing, but certainly isn't safe under his wing. She jumped out of the boiling pot directly into the fire.

Not asking for any details or anything, but does sansa ever become a likeable character?? she has been the most boring person in the show...

Basically all her role is, is to see how everyone shits on her, while others pity her and help her...

Last edited by a moderator:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not asking for any details or anything, but does sansa ever become a likeable character?? she has been the most boring person in the show...

Basically all her role is, is to see how everyone shits on her, while others pity her and help her...

Haha, thats her more or less. She sees some horrible shit but is either too stupid or too weak to do anything about it. She is the damsel in distress basically. Only in this tale, there is no white knight coming to her rescue, she just gets passed along from one shitty situation to the next. You will see glimpses of her maturing and coming into her own eventually, but for the most part she is what she is.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, thats her more or less. She sees some horrible shit but is either too stupid or too weak to do anything about it. She is the damsel in distress basically. Only in this tale, there is no white knight coming to her rescue, she just gets passed along from one shitty situation to the next. You will see glimpses of her maturing and coming into her own eventually, but for the most part she is what she is.
Seems like all the white knights get beheaded in this tale (or shot in the face) LOL
it doesnt pay to be a good guy!

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like all the white knights get beheaded in this tale (or shot in the face) LOL
it doesnt pay to be a good guy!

Ha, no it doesn't at all. Even the protagonists in the story have shades of black or grey. No one is purely good or evil for the most part...though some are definitely mostly evil.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In ratings news, S4 Ep3 pulled in another 6.6 million for the 9pm e.t. viewing with another 1.8m clocking in for the later viewings.

If you're keeping track the numbers are as follows:
Ep1 - 6.64m
Ep2 - 6.3m
Ep3 - 6.6m

Total viewership through 3 episodes this season is at 19.54m (for the early airings which doesn't count dvr and re-run data) vs last year's numbers through this point which were at 13.36m. Roughly, a 46% increase in viewership year over year. That's enormous. GoT is on the Breaking Bad path of steadily building viewership and dominating the night it airs.