• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did change some things. The dwarf entertainment was different and Jamie's training partner was different. Both of these can impact the story line from the books. But the murder seems to be on track.

I don't think we've seen Illyn Payne since the end of season 2. Is it possible his actor has left the series so they wrote him out of the show? If not, he should reappear soon.

Also the other characters involved in Bronn's storyline after Joffrey's death in the book, have not been part of the show so maybe they are looking for a new storyline for Bronn.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we've seen Illyn Payne since the end of season 2. Is it possible his actor has left the series so they wrote him out of the show? If not, he should reappear soon.

Actor leaving the show doesn't matter, not for the relatively minor roles. Just off the top of my head, they've recast Gregor (twice!), Tommen, and Daario. So if Ilyn's actor left the show, they would just recast him.

The producers gave Bronn the role of retraining Jaime, switching it up from the books, to give Bronn (and his actor) something to do.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actor leaving the show doesn't matter, not for the relatively minor roles. Just off the top of my head, they've recast Gregor (twice!), Tommen, and Daario. So if Ilyn's actor left the show, they would just recast him.

The producers gave Bronn the role of retraining Jaime, switching it up from the books, to give Bronn (and his actor) something to do.

that would have been a perfect time to bring the dancing master back if he lived. So guess he is done.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grandma Olenna Tyrell is played by Diana Rigg, who starred in one of my favorite TV shows when I was a kid back in the 60's.....the British spy series The Avengers. Diana Rigg played Emma Peel.

diana-rigg.jpg

diana-rigg.jpg

dianarigg006.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She also played Teresa di Vicenzo aka "Tracy" Bond in the Bond movie: On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

She's the one who James Bond marries at the end but is murdered in a driveby shooting by Blofeld as their leaving for their honeymoon.

Contessa_Teresa_di_Vicenzo_by_Diana_Rigg.jpg

8758AD7271AFA2A10D030E31E88A8.jpg

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also the other characters involved in Bronn's storyline after Joffrey's death in the book, have not been part of the show so maybe they are looking for a new storyline for Bronn.

I've read that the Illyn Payne actor is deathly ill. So instead of replacing the actor, they are changing the storyline out of respect.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read that the Illyn Payne actor is deathly ill. So instead of replacing the actor, they are changing the storyline out of respect.

if they write him out of the story how will arya get her revenge? :noidea:
She chants his name every night before sleeping.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I am going to post my odds of who killed the little bastard in descending order of probability with some notes. I have not read the books and have avoided the spoilers so far (but I have been tempted!) so this is based just on watching the show:

Suspects (Note that a "chance of involvement" indicates that they had to be working with someone else to pull it off and therefore their percentage does not count towards the overall 100% in the odds)

Stannis Baratheon / Melisandre- Could they be involved? Seems highly doubtful but a small chance they could be working with someone to make it happen. 2% chance of involvement

Tyrion Lannister- Of course he wanted Joffery dead but it certainly seems all too obvious that he did it when Cersai was standing there screaming at him while he was holding the wine chalice. 5% chance

Cersei Lannister- Would she kill her own son to keep her crown?? She certainly sprayed a lot of venom around about losing the crown and she openly hates Margaery. Most people doubt it but I don’t think that I would but it past her. 15% chance

Oberyn Martell- He has publically stated that he hates all of the Lannisters and is openly seeking revenge. Seems like a too obvious choice and he didn’t seem to have access to the wine or cake, but he is still a strong candidate. 15% chance

Tywin Lannister- The man would seem to be open to any act to retain power and Joffery was an obvious detriment to the Lannister rule. I wouldn’t doubt that he might consider offing him and for his more malleable younger brother or claiming the throne for himself until the brother is old enough to rule. 20% chance

Sansa Stark- Had every reason to want Joffery dead and had opportunity to poison the wine chalice. Even if she had no part in it, I think that she will not be shedding any tears over him! 20% chance

Lady Olenna Tyrell- “Killing a man at a wedding... horrid. What kind of monster would do something like that?” she says earlier. Probably does not want to see her granddaughter married to a horrible monster. 30% chance (in conjunction with Margaery).

Margaery Tyrell- Could it have been a plot all along by the Tyrells to get close, evaluate, and then take necessary action? Both Margaery and Tyrell had access to both the wine and the cake. But it does seem counterintuitive to try to gain power by becoming Queen and then killing Joffery before the union could be consummated. 30% chance (in conjunction with Olenna).

Ser Dontos Hollard (The Fool)- Also had good reason to want Joffery dead and his fortuitous appearance to take Sansa away right at the moment . 20% chance of involvement (with the Tyrells and / or Littlefinger?)

Lord Petyr Baelish (Little Finger)- Not present at the wedding but could very easily be involved. 20% chance of involvement.

I was originally thinking that Cersei was the prime candidate because of the timing (right before she loses her crown) and possibly in conjunction with Tywin (who hated his grandson) but after rewatching the episode I am leaning towards the Tyrells due to the fact that they certainly had access. If it was the Tyrells then I think that they should have waited until they had a stronger grip on the crown...........but perhaps there were other possibly more important factors(?) involved.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did change some things. The dwarf entertainment was different and Jamie's training partner was different. Both of these can impact the story line from the books. But the murder seems to be on track.
Yeah. I also suspect that next week's episode will start with Tyrion pleading his innocence because in the book he is much drunker. A couple of other minor details are different, too, IIRC

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I am going to post my odds of who killed the little bastard in descending order of probability with some notes. I have not read the books and have avoided the spoilers so far (but I have been tempted!) so this is based just on watching the show:

Suspects (Note that a "chance of involvement" indicates that they had to be working with someone else to pull it off and therefore their percentage does not count towards the overall 100% in the odds)

Stannis Baratheon / Melisandre- Could they be involved? Seems highly doubtful but a small chance they could be working with someone to make it happen. 2% chance of involvement

Tyrion Lannister- Of course he wanted Joffery dead but it certainly seems all too obvious that he did it when Cersai was standing there screaming at him while he was holding the wine chalice. 5% chance

Cersei Lannister- Would she kill her own son to keep her crown?? She certainly sprayed a lot of venom around about losing the crown and she openly hates Margaery. Most people doubt it but I don’t think that I would but it past her. 15% chance

Oberyn Martell- He has publically stated that he hates all of the Lannisters and is openly seeking revenge. Seems like a too obvious choice and he didn’t seem to have access to the wine or cake, but he is still a strong candidate. 15% chance

Tywin Lannister- The man would seem to be open to any act to retain power and Joffery was an obvious detriment to the Lannister rule. I wouldn’t doubt that he might consider offing him and for his more malleable younger brother or claiming the throne for himself until the brother is old enough to rule. 20% chance

Sansa Stark- Had every reason to want Joffery dead and had opportunity to poison the wine chalice. Even if she had no part in it, I think that she will not be shedding any tears over him! 20% chance

Lady Olenna Tyrell- “Killing a man at a wedding... horrid. What kind of monster would do something like that?” she says earlier. Probably does not want to see her granddaughter married to a horrible monster. 30% chance (in conjunction with Margaery).

Margaery Tyrell- Could it have been a plot all along by the Tyrells to get close, evaluate, and then take necessary action? Both Margaery and Tyrell had access to both the wine and the cake. But it does seem counterintuitive to try to gain power by becoming Queen and then killing Joffery before the union could be consummated. 30% chance (in conjunction with Olenna).

Ser Dontos Hollard (The Fool)- Also had good reason to want Joffery dead and his fortuitous appearance to take Sansa away right at the moment . 20% chance of involvement (with the Tyrells and / or Littlefinger?)

Lord Petyr Baelish (Little Finger)- Not present at the wedding but could very easily be involved. 20% chance of involvement.

I was originally thinking that Cersei was the prime candidate because of the timing (right before she loses her crown) and possibly in conjunction with Tywin (who hated his grandson) but after rewatching the episode I am leaning towards the Tyrells due to the fact that they certainly had access. If it was the Tyrells then I think that they should have waited until they had a stronger grip on the crown...........but perhaps there were other possibly more important factors(?) involved.

I predict Lady tyrell & or Sansa. obvious the fool knew something about it.
Don't think Margaery had a clue. All she has wanted was to be Queen. Think Grandma messed that up for her. I would give Margaery zero chance.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a little late but my husband saw a meme the other day with the Hound's face.

"+5 damage when chickens are involved".

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a question regarding Margery and her being queen. Since they never consummated the marriage, would she still be in line for the throne after Joffrey's death or would the crown still fall on the Lannister side?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
margaery is nowhere in the line of succession

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a question regarding Margery and her being queen. Since they never consummated the marriage, would she still be in line for the throne after Joffrey's death or would the crown still fall on the Lannister side?

Stays with the Lannistars.

I think it would go to the grandfather - who's infinately more qualified to be king than Justin Bieber.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would go to the grandfather

nope

the most a grandfather could be with primogeniture is a regent if any male sons or brothers remain alive. That would be Tommen.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Lady tyrell & or Sansa. obvious the fool knew something about it.
Don't think Margaery had a clue. All she has wanted was to be Queen. Think Grandma messed that up for her. I would give Margaery zero chance.

I believe they will have multiple individuals involved in this. The producers of the show have shown many times that they are willing to make significant changes to the storyline compared to the books, so the murder mystery could go multiple ways.

But let's put it this way, I saw an obvious bread crumb presented in this episode about this subject:

The Kingslayer threatens Loras, telling him there’s no way he’ll ever marry his sister. Loras isn’t shaken in the least by this and shoots right back,“neither will you.”

It's pretty obvious now that key members of the Tyrells believe Jaime and Cersi get it on and thus realize Joffrey and the rest of the "Baratheon" kids are the product of that relationship.

The fact that Sansa is removed as she was means multiple parties are probably involved in coordinating everything that happened during this event.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,157.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how does this monarchy work?
Does Cersei go back to Queen regent? or does this now technically make Stannis the King now?
How does this technically work for who is in charge?