• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With some of the lunatic and mentally ill ass clowns in charge on this planet, will we even still be here in 2019?

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With some of the lunatic and mentally ill ass clowns in charge on this planet, will we even still be here in 2019?
We should petition HBO not to work on the project in the Norks nuke missile firing range... also known as California.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019? This is fucking bullshit

*book readers perk up*

SHUT THE FUCK UP

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are filming and some people have snuck some photos. I'm too lazy to post links to them (you can find them if you want) but here's the jist

The photo is from the Winterfell set and pretty much the whole place is on fire. Hundreds of extras were reportedly on site, including people dressed as Unsullied. No further details. So it sounds like Winterfell is getting destroyed. By who, no one knows.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they are filming and some people have snuck some photos. I'm too lazy to post links to them (you can find them if you want) but here's the jist

The photo is from the Winterfell set and pretty much the whole place is on fire. Hundreds of extras were reportedly on site, including people dressed as Unsullied. No further details. So it sounds like Winterfell is getting destroyed. By who, no one knows.

I saw it as well, and I'm wondering if it could be the first major battle with the Night King or the last/only. Easily could turn the flames blue and Winterfell is the logical first point of attack after taking down the wall, but if it's the first, with Kings Landing being the last, then it wouldn't be feasible with the season only six episodes.

I don't see it being a battle between Westerosis armies without the Night King.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it as well, and I'm wondering if it could be the first major battle with the Night King or the last/only. Easily could turn the flames blue and Winterfell is the logical first point of attack after taking down the wall, but if it's the first, with Kings Landing being the last, then it wouldn't be feasible with the season only six episodes.

I don't see it being a battle between Westerosis armies without the Night King.

I was thinking its the first as well. Last season ending with the Night King marching his army south and the first big place he'd reach is Winterfell, right? And like you said, all the have to do to is make the flames blue in post production. I've seen people speculate all kinds of theories (betrayals, etc etc) but it makes the most logical sense to me that the Army of the Dead is attacking Winterfell and the Night King's dragon is what's burning the place down. We'll probably find out more in a couple of months although I did read that D&D has multiple scripts out there to hide the real details.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so excited about the new season, that I forgot it was supposed to be on this year...

Last edited:

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry "Game of Thrones" fans, but winter is not coming this year.

Author George R.R. Martin has announced his long-awaited book "The Winds of Winter" will not be released in 2018.

Martin posted the update Wednesday on his official blog.

"No, winter is not coming ... not in 2018, at least." he wrote. "You're going to have to keep waiting for THE WINDS OF WINTER."

Attachments

• upload_2018-4-26_11-9-0.jpeg
    upload_2018-4-26_11-9-0.jpeg
    9.4 KB · Views: 2

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Author George R.R. Martin has announced his long-awaited book "The Winds of Winter" will not be released in 2018.

"No, winter is not coming ... not in 2018, at least." he wrote. "You're going to have to keep waiting for THE WINDS OF WINTER."

OMG NO WAY!

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he is smart he would drop the book a week before episode 1 of the next season starts.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is smart he would drop the book a week before episode 1 of the next season starts.
Why? You think people who are waiting on the book will forget unless for the show? You think people waiting on the show will not realize it is back on except for the pub from the book?

Both events are HUGE. No need to drop them a try the same time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the truth is he actually has nothing written. I'm betting he's just told the show runners the larger ideas and themes of how he wants it to end, let them finish it, and then he will add/change stuff to the books based on the positive/negative reactions the show gets. That way he can always say "Well, the show went different because of those guys and what they wanted. THIS is what I always intended". Of course, that is if he really wants to bother finishing the books, which at this point, I have my doubts.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the truth is he actually has nothing written. I'm betting he's just told the show runners the larger ideas and themes of how he wants it to end, let them finish it, and then he will add/change stuff to the books based on the positive/negative reactions the show gets. That way he can always say "Well, the show went different because of those guys and what they wanted. THIS is what I always intended". Of course, that is if he really wants to bother finishing the books, which at this point, I have my doubts.

Great theory! Except for uhh, one..... small.... detail.

He's already way behind. This book that isn't coming out in 2018 is going to tell the story of what happened in the season of GoT that we watched almost a year ago already. In the books we're waiting to find out if Jon Snow died, if Stannis is going to beat Ramsey, how Cersei's trial will go, etc. If he was just waiting to see the reactions before he wrote it, he could have still finished it by now. And if he's taking feedback into account in his writing, hopefully he fixes teleporting armies. We're probably 5-6 years away from the minimum time it would take a fast writer to finish the series. With George were probably minimum 10 years away, if it ever happens.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great theory! Except for uhh, one..... small.... detail.

He's already way behind. This book that isn't coming out in 2018 is going to tell the story of what happened in the season of GoT that we watched almost a year ago already. In the books we're waiting to find out if Jon Snow died, if Stannis is going to beat Ramsey, how Cersei's trial will go, etc. If he was just waiting to see the reactions before he wrote it, he could have still finished it by now. And if he's taking feedback into account in his writing, hopefully he fixes teleporting armies. We're probably 5-6 years away from the minimum time it would take a fast writer to finish the series. With George were probably minimum 10 years away, if it ever happens.

I know he's already way behind. I was including that. I think he's been doing it for awhile. He's using the show to gauge fan reaction of ideas and will change them based on negative reactions.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? You think people who are waiting on the book will forget unless for the show? You think people waiting on the show will not realize it is back on except for the pub from the book?

Both events are HUGE. No need to drop them a try the same time.
Because there will be a lot of excitement about it. I read the books because I loved the show. After a year of the show being away people are going to be fiending for some Game of Thrones.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he did just release this

61A%2BJt%2BFwTL._AA300_.jpg

Centuries before the events of A Game of Thrones, House Targaryen - the only family of dragonlords to survive the Doom of Valyria - took up residence on Dragonstone. Fire and Blood begins their tale with the legendary Aegon the Conqueror, creator of the Iron Throne, and goes on to recount the generations of Targaryens who fought to hold that iconic seat, all the way up to the civil war that nearly tore their dynasty apart.

What really happened during the Dance of the Dragons? Why did it become so deadly to visit Valyria after the Doom? What is the origin of Daenerys' three dragon eggs? These are but a few of the questions answered in this essential chronicle, as related by a learned maester of the Citadel. Listeners have glimpsed small parts of this narrative in such volumes as The World of Ice & Fire, but now, for the first time, the full tapestry of Targaryen history is revealed.

With all the scope and grandeur of Gibbon's The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Fire and Blood is the ultimate game of thrones, giving listeners a whole new appreciation for the dynamic, often bloody, and always fascinating history of Westeros.