• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, one of the topics that's been asked, but hasn't been addressed (maybe it was, there's so many posts in between when I'm up with the rest of you I may skim at times) who dies this week?

The season preview made it appear as if the mountain and the hound were going to square off. My money would be on the mountain to lose that battle. This season has shown they're all about reunions. And unless they stop of in Winterfell first, I feel like they have an Arya - Hound scene written. Similarly (if they transport Arya to King's Landing) I think there will be a Gendry - Arya scene (don't know if Gendry is going to Winterfell for the finale, if so, he's up to go).

If a Lannister goes, I think it would be Cersei. I think Dany has to lose a member or two of her council (can't see it being Tyrion, but they do need some shock value), I'll continue this thought later.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the scripts are being leaked for S8, EP1&2 are out...not sure why so many want to get ahead of this. But....I saw one single comment, and in the words of Clay Davis.....

....not sure if true, but I wish I had not clicked....I'll know if true come Sunday or Monday night...might have to actually watch this one at home on the big TV.....

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the scripts are being leaked for S8, EP1&2 are out...not sure why so many want to get ahead of this. But....I saw one single comment, and in the words of Clay Davis.....

....not sure if true, but I wish I had not clicked....I'll know if true come Sunday or Monday night...might have to actually watch this one at home on the big TV.....
I think everyone is good about dismissing leaks. Fuck, just started watching Oz this past weekend. Currently working on season two, fuck any of you cats that say anything about it, but I haven't heard shit about it, so at this point, I'm just asking for it. I think we're all fine people, so if we see a screen leak for GoT, we're not going to post it a head of time.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... He wrote Episode 7 of this season, meaning that he decided were he wanted the season to end, and what he wanted from all the characters. He's very much involved even if he doesn't watch the show.

Edit. I think this is a mistake. He's listed as the only writer for this episode, but it must be because he's listed as a writer for the whole series.
yea, I don't think he is writing for the show anymore. He wrote the source material and is still listed as a writer, but he is not involved in adapting it to television

"Game of Thrones" Beyond the Wall (TV Episode 2017) - Full Cast & Crew - IMDb

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a pretty common opinion that the show has been taking a bit of a dive in quality of writing since the start of season 5. I actually thought there was a lot of questionable stuff in season 4 too.

I don't think anybody would argue that the show as a whole sucks. Some of the writing lately has been unquestionably bad IMO and there are some frustrating holes that pop up but overall the show is still good. It was just A LOT better in seasons 1-3.
I agree with this. There has been plenty of issues with the show since getting past the source material and shit I thought they did wrong.

I understand that they are trying to tie up a million loose ends in two shortened seasons, so I am willing to accept it, but I am not too happy about it. They built this big world with all these moving parts, they don't have time to pay attention to the details right now.

I am hoping now that they are consolidating all the stories into basically 3 locations, they can put together a solid final season.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm betting there are at least 3 deaths among the recurring cast Sunday night
I can see a Hound/Mountain battle and one of them going down.

maybe they will finally show the Dorne ladies dead or Yara. Kind of annoying they haven't followed up on that. It was a pretty well acted scene by Cersei.

I can see Cersei doing something sinister in this meeting. She has to keep her place as the big bad, right? Or she has to at least be there until the end with the Night King.

DetroitDevil

The Libtard is the new Covid.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 8 hasnt started filming yet. September is when it should begin. The way season 7 has gone, and with the prevailing idea, that the producers are giving fans what they want, it is important that fans express a tempered and fair bit of disappointment with things they do not like in season 7. I haven't read any posts claiming that the show sucks now. I considered myself a fanboy of the show, but after reading this thread I get the feeling that my level of fandom isnt on par with the boards members of the faith militant.

Reactions: ill

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a few things...not sure how true. Apparently they did have dragonglass weapons, all of them. Also, you cannot kill a Dragon while it is not moving, only in flight...I need to see more about that, but I am leaving work now.
After rewatching, the NK was going to throw the first one at Drogon but then saw the second dragon coming at him so he switched his target. What they did was make a terrible effort at making this obvious. I suppose it was because they wanted it to look more spectacular but that blurred the point of why he switched.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, one of the topics that's been asked, but hasn't been addressed (maybe it was, there's so many posts in between when I'm up with the rest of you I may skim at times) who dies this week?

The season preview made it appear as if the mountain and the hound were going to square off. My money would be on the mountain to lose that battle. This season has shown they're all about reunions. And unless they stop of in Winterfell first, I feel like they have an Arya - Hound scene written. Similarly (if they transport Arya to King's Landing) I think there will be a Gendry - Arya scene (don't know if Gendry is going to Winterfell for the finale, if so, he's up to go).

If a Lannister goes, I think it would be Cersei. I think Dany has to lose a member or two of her council (can't see it being Tyrion, but they do need some shock value), I'll continue this thought later.
0.00% chance Tyrion dies next episode

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe Varys? I can see Cersei having some beef with him. He snuck Tyrion out of King's Landing after killing Tywin, so why not?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that they are trying to tie up a million loose ends in two shortened seasons, so I am willing to accept it,

Heh. Wonder where I've read that being said over and over again in this thread?

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will put money on Sansa dying.

DetroitDevil

The Libtard is the new Covid.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that they are trying to tie up a million loose ends in two shortened seasons, so I am willing to accept it, but I am not too happy about it. They built this big world with all these moving parts, they don't have time to pay attention to the details right now.
A situation they chose to be in and could choose to not be in, if they so choose.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A situation they chose to be in and could choose to not be in, if they so choose.
They might as well tie the rest up this episode.

Theon or Euron dies
Blow up Sunspear
Kill anyone from the Brotherhood without Banners
Sansa/Arya/Bran/Littlefinger all get eaten by Ghost

That will leave the Lannisters, Team Dany, Team Jon Snow

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Wonder where I've read that being said over and over again in this thread?
and I will continue to say they are doing so in a very sloppy manner. Ever since blowing up the Sept, it has been sloppy.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I will continue to say they are doing so in a very sloppy manner. Ever since blowing up the Sept, it has been sloppy.

Good for you. Condensing all that shit and having it be coherent ain't easy. I've never argued otherwise.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you. Condensing all that shit and having it be coherent ain't easy. I've never argued otherwise.
I never said it was easy, I just think it was done in a sloppy manner and that is on the showrunners. It isn't on GRRM or anyone else.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get it by now. B + W make Hulk mad.

Noted.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was easy, I just think it was done in a sloppy manner and that is on the showrunners. It isn't on GRRM or anyone else.

All I will say for finality from me is that I do not think we know enough to not lay some blame on GRRM. Maybe he was just a prick to work with (possible) and they just decided to move on. Maybe they were not hearing him out....taking his ideas too fully (also possible).

I do think this will be a fabulous case study in the future on learning how better to collaborate on originally created authorship and putting it on the screen. But it is likely that the hubris is not something easy to overcome. Humans are just that way. And here we are.....perhaps the roller coaster is not as great at this point as the start....but the only route is to ride it to the end.

So.....this week....I have no fucking clue. But, if I think about how this season is handled there will be restraint on character deaths.....though I believe there has to be a few in the finale (just not core characters). I will just go on a limb and say (fan service alerrt!!!!) there is Clegane Bowl.....and in that conflict somehow Cersei flanks the rest and takes them all prisoner.

Then we get to sit on that cliffhanger for upwards of 18 months.