• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game day threads

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had that game deleted from my memory and you just had to bring it back up.

lol, Sorry Earl.

I can't ever forget that game. Which is probably the reason I have been sticking my neck out for this defense the last couple of years.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earl there is no way that this defense has made enough stops to trust them lol I admit I may be to hard on them, but you can't look at that defense and trust them.
The D has problems sure, but it seems to tighten up in the Red Zone. For years our offense failed in the red zone lwadung to FGs, and losses, if this team continues to score TDs, and giving up FGs it will win games.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one question. Game on the line and this defense needs to make a stop. How confident are you that they will do it???

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one question. Game on the line and this defense needs to make a stop. How confident are you that they will do it???
hard to say...how many teams should be confident? Seattle, Minnesota...how many more?

a team can hide some things when the field shrinks and your guys play good assignment football. I love whats going on and by no means see a slam dunk other than making the playoffs, BUT when we lose, I'm sure the defense plays a big role.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends. Stopping a TD or FG? How much time left?
Needing one stop to seal a win. Not letting the other team tie or take the lead. I feel like they have rarely done that.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needing one stop to seal a win. Not letting the other team tie or take the lead. I feel like they have rarely done that.
If its just against a FG, very little but ws i think the D has shown ut can stop TDs when absolutely necessary.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its just against a FG, very little but ws i think the D has shown ut can stop TDs when absolutely necessary.
When has that hsppened??? Pittsburgh??? I asked a simple question and it turns into moving the goal posts answers lol

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When has that hsppened??? Pittsburgh??? I asked a simple question and it turns into moving the goal posts answers lol
Its not just a simple question, when there can be multiple variables.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. I trust the defense enough to get the stops needed for the offense to take over the game. They've done it all year. They did it in the first half yesterday. The Cowboys left some points on the field in the first three quarters. Score should have been worse than it was after the 3rd quarter.
Did you think they were going to stop Wash in the 4th Qtr? I would have been very surprised if they did and as usual...they didn't. Washington scored TDs on their last 3 drives. Those were all huge chances for a stop and probably any of them would have kind of ended the game if we had stopped them. One of the big reasons we give up less points is our Offense. It's all about stopping them when it matters most IMO. We need to improve on that. But with our Offense we don't have to be great. Heck we've been poor a few times and still won the game. In a salary cap World when you spend your $'s on Offense ya gotta expect some lumps on defense...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said this defense is top 10, but they play hard and play smart. That's refreshing after some of the past defenses Dallas has ran out there.

Bottom line: there are some good things happening on that side and many young players worth having on this team. Can't please everyone but I'm down for the ride.
They do play harder and more physical than any recent Dallas defense and there are absolutely some good young keepers. I don't remember our secondary playing this physical as a group in years

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you think they were going to stop Wash in the 4th Qtr? I would have been very surprised if they did and as usual...they didn't. Washington scored TDs on their last 3 drives. Those were all huge chances for a stop and probably any of them would have kind of ended the game if we had stopped them. One of the big reasons we give up less points is our Offense. It's all about stopping them when it matters most IMO. We need to improve on that. But with our Offense we don't have to be great. Heck we've been poor a few times and still won the game. In a salary cap World when you spend your $'s on Offense ya gotta expect some lumps on defense...
I agree.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They do play harder and more physical than any recent Dallas defense and there are absolutely some good young keepers. I don't remember our secondary playing this physical as a group in years
yes sir...work in progress. heck, even Wilcox has looked serviceable

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scandrick had a chance to ice the game and as usual he dropped a pick six. He read the play like a book and still found a way to misplay the ball. But to answer your question, no I didn't think they would stop Wash after Wilcox went out. But this goes back to my point. The Cowboys D gets enough stops to give the offense control of the game. What they did in the first three quarters proves that. They controlled the game because the defense didn't break until the 4th quarter. Had they gave Butler the interference call in the first half like they should have, the game could have been much different and possibly a blowout. Dak also missed Dez for an easy TD on the FG drive when Dez completely shook Norman out of his shoes. Dallas very well could have been winning that game 28-6 at half and that's because the defense did what we need it to do. The onus is on this offense to win games, not the defense. That's how the Pats win. That's how we have to win. But of course, there's always room for improvement with this D.

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The onus is on this offense to win games, not the defense."
that is the key right there. But that is very different from the defense making enough stops. This defense is average at best, but they don't have to be good. Eventually they will need to stop a team when it matters and they are extremely poor at that and it will likely cost us. The pass rush was never addressed and it was easy to see it was going to be a problem. I think with health the secondary come playoff time can do their jobs. The healthier we are the more we seem to play man and that is when we seem to play better

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the pass rush is pedestrian at best and that shouldn't shock anyone. The LB play has been for the most part, pretty solid. The DB play before Mo & Church went down was looking better than it had in years. Roles for Brown & Wilcox better defined. We looked 7 deep back there and it helped greatly with the lacking pressure. Dallas has keep it's head above water and stopping the other teams run game is paramount for this whole thing to work. Now turnovers would sure be nice but least we're not turning the ball over.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once Hitchens and Wilson started to hit their stride the LB play has been very solid. I like seeing Durant and Wilbur and crew as backups better. Really like the speed of our 3 starters. Lee has been his usual excellent self. Very surprised with the secondary. Church now being asked to do what he is good at, has been good. Jones has been great other than inside the 5 yard line. He seems to have gotten lost in the muck at the goal line a bunch of times. Corners have all played a couple of levels above where I expected. Mo and Brown we all talk about all teh time, but Carr has been much better also IMO. Scandrick is the one that I think is playing perhaps a little below what I expected, but not sure exactly how healthy he is and how "in shape" he is. I expect to start seeing him step it up as well. Funny on the turnovers...we started out getting them. Not sure what happened but that certainly is an area we need to improve in when the big games start.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The onus is on this offense to win games, not the defense."
that is the key right there. But that is very different from the defense making enough stops. This defense is average at best, but they don't have to be good. Eventually they will need to stop a team when it matters and they are extremely poor at that and it will likely cost us. The pass rush was never addressed and it was easy to see it was going to be a problem. I think with health the secondary come playoff time can do their jobs. The healthier we are the more we seem to play man and that is when we seem to play better
When you have a lead late in the game you should have some confidence that the defense will stop a team. I just hope that whenever the offense is having an off day, the defense will rise for once.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think once Hitchens and Wilson started to hit their stride the LB play has been very solid. I like seeing Durant and Wilbur and crew as backups better. Really like the speed of our 3 starters. Lee has been his usual excellent self. Very surprised with the secondary. Church now being asked to do what he is good at, has been good. Jones has been great other than inside the 5 yard line. He seems to have gotten lost in the muck at the goal line a bunch of times. Corners have all played a couple of levels above where I expected. Mo and Brown we all talk about all teh time, but Carr has been much better also IMO. Scandrick is the one that I think is playing perhaps a little below what I expected, but not sure exactly how healthy he is and how "in shape" he is. I expect to start seeing him step it up as well. Funny on the turnovers...we started out getting them. Not sure what happened but that certainly is an area we need to improve in when the big games start.
It's the players we just don't have one game changer on defense. Lee is solid but not a game changer.. They can't catch a ball when it is right in thier hands. They try to pick up a fumble instead of falling on the ball etc..

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been hard of the D but after a little reflection I remember just a few years ago when it just looked like the defense quit when things went bad. These guys don't Quit that I have seen. I don't like the 3 man rush that Coach Marinelli goes to which allows huge amounts of yards gained against us. I believe he does it because we don't have the pass rush to get to the QB and force mistakes so we allow the underneath pass and bend don't break defense. But I am not a Coach on the Defense of the Cowboys and while I may have a opinion in the end its like smoke in the wind it just blows over and its gone.

We need some help in the off season but that's talk for after the season is over

Im :suds: a cold one and enjoying the ride while the ride is running. We got all off season to bitch and scheme how to fix the D April and May
JMHO