• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Balls anyone?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And that's why I'm more impressed with the balls that he didn't throw or the balls he threw away during the Atlanta game than the massive yardage he accumulated. It's those crucial plays where if he makes the wrong decision and tries to force the ball in places that he shouldn't, it has a good chance in changing the outcome of the game. Sadly he (or any QB) can be having a great game, but if he throws a dumb INT, all the good plays have been nullified especially if it results in a loss.

Is it fair? Probably not, but that's the QB position. You get to ride the highs of being a hero and the lows of being the goat.

A brief aside......I was under the impression that Jay was suffering from some type of QB PTSD because of the lack of offensive line talent he had in front of him for the first 4 years he played here in Chicago (people may laugh, but I'm serious). His lack of discipline and fundamentals came from the fact that as soon as the ball was snapped, he had to run for his fricken' life. I'm not blaming him for that....that's just human nature, it's a survival instinct kicking in.

So when Trestman came to Chicago, I was really hoping he could help Jay get back into the swing of things and not to react so frantically when things break down. Last game showed that it was possible.

No one here would laugh at that. That was a common topic of conversation amongst us who came over from the ESPN boards. At the end of 2012, especially I thought, after he came back from his concussion and towards the ladder portion of the season. It looked he was feeling pressure when it simply wasn't there. Throwing off of his back foot, bailing from a non-existent rush coming from his blind side. Like a clock was set to go off in his head, whether the opposition was getting pressure on the play or not.

I think he's still trying to make his way out of that, but it's no excuse. Even for this Cutler "nut-hugger". :lol:

Dirk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, I've thought that over the years too. Every hit you thought "Is that the one? Is this the game he turns into Derrick Carr?"

It's part of why I never got people in the media questioning his toughness. Sanity, maybe but not his toughness either mental or physical.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all I'm saying.

It was just a cheap shot, and totally for the sake of being a dick.

I proved my point.

got responses how incredibly Cutler looked off the safety when there was no safety just looking for a way to show how great of a play it was. He misses receivers and he is "consciously throwing the ball away".

How many long balls has cutler thrown over the past two seasons? My guess close to zero. It was a pickup game type of throw where you heave it as far as you can and let your guy run and get it, or in this case, stop and get it.

yeah, pick your facts to back your cause or take the easy road of just reading my mind.

I'm thinking of a number between zero and 2, which finger am I holding up?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIke I said earlier, he throws it any further, and it's out of bounds.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You claim all you do is call-out the Cutler nut-huggers.

Their irrational bias makes it impossible for you to carry on a decent conversation with them.

This concept is applicable in reverse too, ya know. You are obviously the opposite of a "nut-hugger"....a "nut-smasher"?...maybe?

As much as I don't want to discuss Cutler with AmericanTebowFan due to his obvious man-crush with him, I also don't want to talk to YOU about Cutler, as your opinion is tainted as well. Like you HAD a man-crush, but then he dumped you and fucked yer best friend. Either way, the outcome is completely predictable.