• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #6 Houston Texans vs NE Pqatriots Sunday, October 13, 2024 1:00 PM (CBS)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be a slaughter. The only thing keeping this from being a total bloodbath is the defense.

Mayo has got stop trying to protect Maye and feed him to the wolves. He'll never get any experience listening to Brissett bitch about how bad everyone played. He'll only lkearn to bitch about everyone else. The smart thing to do is start Maye and have Milton as the back-up and Brissett as the #3 not on the 48 man game roster.

Run, Run, Run the ball down the Texans throats and don't throw a pass until the safeties get sucked up to the line of scrimmage.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jerod Mayo non-committal on potential change at quarterback position​

Brissett continued to struggle on Sunday.
By Brian Hines@iambrianhines Oct 7, 2024, 10:16am EDT

New England Patriots head coach Jerod Mayo was non-committal about his team’s starting quarterback moving forward Monday morning, pointing towards the coaching staff’s meeting later today as a timeframe for making a potential change.
“We haven’t had our full staff meeting today,” Mayo responded on WEEI when asked if Jacoby Brissett still gives the team the best chance of winning. “That’s a conversation, not only at that spot but all the spots, of how to get better as a football team. We’re not playing well. It’s not a secret. Being the head coach of this team, I have to accept all the responsibility for that.”
Mayo’s response was a noticeable change from recent weeks when he made it clear the team and organization was 100 percent behind Brissett as the starter.

It comes after the Patriots’ passing attack continued to struggle in a 15-10 loss to the Miami Dolphins, where Brissett threw for just 160 yards to bring his average to just 139.2 yards per game this season.
“It just wasn’t good enough,” Mayo said about Brissett’s performance. “I thought we played well enough defensively and on special teams to win the football game. As the quarterback, and he understands this, he touches the ball on every single play and we didn’t win the game or score enough points to win the game. I think he would echo that same sentiment, that it wasn’t good enough.”
When it comes to making a potential change under center, Mayo again reiterated that decision ultimately is his. The head coach noted the supporting cast as a factor in that process as well.
“That’s a fair assessment,” the coach responded when asked if wants continuity at those spots before making a change. “You’re right, we need to get some consistency across the board for whoever’s at quarterback.”
Things could be improving around the quarterback, however, with the return of Kendrick Bourne at wide receiver and a new offensive line configuration that Mayo believes “did a pretty good job” against Miami.
A change would lead to No. 3 overall pick Drake Maye taking over, where his first start would then come next Sunday at home against the Houston Texans.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense can only take so much, we have to get Mr 3 and out back to carry a clipboard

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston will run roughshod. No matter who is the QB.
True but I question at this point if Jacoby is our best option? If we want to tank the rest of the season it makes sense to keep him in

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be in the best interest of the team to have either Maye or Milton give it a shot. If they're too worried about getting the "Future Franchise Quarterback" injured, then have him be the #3 non-rostered Emergency QB. Only problem would be if Milton takes over and starts winning games one after another. Then what happens when the OL starts to come together?

If the plan is to tank the season, don't make any changes at all. Just keep frustrating the fans. I'm sure that the Boston media is beside themselves screaming for heads to roll. Glad I'm here in Florida and can't be inundated with the media crush.

After watchuing the Celtics beat the Nuggets two in a row in Abu-Dahbi this past week, I'm looking forward to their first game of the season against the completely rebuilt New York Knicks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be in the best interest of the team to have either Maye or Milton give it a shot. If they're too worried about getting the "Future Franchise Quarterback" injured, then have him be the #3 non-rostered Emergency QB. Only problem would be if Milton takes over and starts winning games one after another. Then what happens when the OL starts to come together?

If the plan is to tank the season, don't make any changes at all. Just keep frustrating the fans. I'm sure that the Boston media is beside themselves screaming for heads to roll. Glad I'm here in Florida and can't be inundated with the media crush.

After watchuing the Celtics beat the Nuggets two in a row in Abu-Dahbi this past week, I'm looking forward to their first game of the season against the completely rebuilt New York Knicks.

I wouldn't be as worried about an injury to the young QB, but more him forming bad habits because of all the pressure he would be seeing. I think of QB's like David Carr when he was with the Texans. Went from incredible QB recruit to having all confidence destroyed and some bad looking habits when he did finally get on a competent team. Sam Darnold is finally playing like many thought he could coming out of college. Took him going to San Fran to relearn to play the position after how bad the Jets messed him up.