• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game #6 - Beat LA - 7PM

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say stick with Stalock in game 7. He played well, better than Niemi has been playing, until the end of the third. I still think that he give the Sharks the best chance to win.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Niemi gets traded. New captain, not sure who though. There is no captain material here.

yeah, that could be although I dont think they will much for him. Yeah, no one who comes up big on this roster. No heroes. No heart. Maybe pickles should be captain. He is steady, works his tail off and battles all the time out there. I would go with him.

I realllllly want jumbo to get traded. Like SOOO much. I know it wont happen, but man it's tough to watch him suck every year and then after the game talk about playing well and having a bad bounce.

When will Jumbo talk about his zero even strength points in nearly 6 straight games and major minus. In these three loses, jumbo has had tons of PP time, no points and -4. That's the biggest thing. Your captain, highest paid player, and "leader" with numbers like that.

If Todd has any coaching skill, he'd have put jumbo with desi and torres midway through game 4. His top PP would feature torres, nieto, and sheppard up front with Irwin and braun on the points. His top players are totally complacent and tmac has done absolutely nothing to light a fire under them.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it just me or does it seem Pavelski has completely lost his legs? Also, Big Joe had to have turned the puck over 75% of the times he got it. And Boyle, I love him, but he spent half of our 5v3 spinning around the point. The 5v3 was terrible. They actually played well at the end of the 2nd and first half of the third, but then one questionable call goes against them and the wheels fall off. Annoying game.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BTW, Joe thornton had zero shots this game despite over 4 minutes of PP time and the entire 5 on 3. Joe Pavelski had zero shots, too in a similar amount of time. I dont understand how they can play so badly when it matters most.

Really pavelski has indeed looked terrible all series as well. He is getting up there at nearly 30 years old and he played the olympics so it's a long year for him. His battle is just zero right now. I guess that korky's annual pavelski disappearing act has finally come.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
BTW, Joe thornton had zero shots this game despite over 4 minutes of PP time and the entire 5 on 3. Joe Pavelski had zero shots, too in a similar amount of time. I dont understand how they can play so badly when it matters most.

Really pavelski has indeed looked terrible all series as well. He is getting up there at nearly 30 years old and he played the olympics so it's a long year for him. His battle is just zero right now. I guess that korky's annual pavelski disappearing act has finally come.

well to his credit his normal lulls didnt last as long this year so maybe game 7 he get his first career playoff hattrick. I dont even think im going to watch the game, the effort they've put out has really pissed me off to a point to where i cant handle watching this shit show anymore.

It's one thing to struggle its another thing to get outworked there's zero excuse for that on any level, side note, this alll but spells the end of Tmacs time in san jose, he really fucked up in game 5 and game 6 with his inept coaching.

Im guessing Peter Lavoiallette or if we are lucky Larry Robinson takes the helm with Johnson being the associate coach

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was it just me or does it seem Pavelski has completely lost his legs? Also, Big Joe had to have turned the puck over 75% of the times he got it. And Boyle, I love him, but he spent half of our 5v3 spinning around the point. The 5v3 was terrible. They actually played well at the end of the 2nd and first half of the third, but then one questionable call goes against them and the wheels fall off. Annoying game.

Yes Pavelski looked gassed pretty bad after game 1 and has only gotten worse, he starts out fine but fades pretty fast as the game wears on.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well to his credit his normal lulls didnt last as long this year so maybe game 7 he get his first career playoff hattrick. I dont even think im going to watch the game, the effort they've put out has really pissed me off to a point to where i cant handle watching this shit show anymore.

It's one thing to struggle its another thing to get outworked there's zero excuse for that on any level, side note, this alll but spells the end of Tmacs time in san jose, he really fucked up in game 5 and game 6 with his inept coaching.

Im guessing Peter Lavoiallette or if we are lucky Larry Robinson takes the helm with Johnson being the associate coach

I remember asking if it may be high time to trade him when his stock was at a all time high. Ballsy move - given what he was doing in the regular season.

I think a lot of this comes down to bad coaching - the last two games it seems like we are getting our ass handed to us in our zone whenever the first two lines come out. Lines 3 and 4 hit the ice and you get a glimpse of hope. The first 3 games the match ups were just not there. Maybe LA was a bit gassed - who knows. But Sutter sorted that out and Tmac doesn't know what the fuck to do.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take my chances with Anaheim as opposed to losing game 7

I think the individuals in the organization with their asses on the line with how this series has deteriorated must feel the same way too.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And hopefully Baby Jay Woodcroft is gone too. I still can't believe how much Drew sucks this guy's .... each game and idolizes his every work. Drew stfu!! One more Baby Jay quote in the game and I am going to smash my TV.

Peter Lavoiallette, or what about Barry Trotz? See what Trotz can do with some actual talent. Seemed like his teams always overachieved.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hopefully Baby Jay Woodcroft is gone too. I still can't believe how much Drew sucks this guy's .... each game and idolizes his every work. Drew stfu!! One more Baby Jay quote in the game and I am going to smash my TV.

Peter Lavoiallette, or what about Barry Trotz? See what Trotz can do with some actual talent. Seemed like his teams always overachieved.

Get this guy. He's very D minded. Would LR stay on? Go get Adam Oates to replace Baby Jay.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say stick with Stalock in game 7. He played well, better than Niemi has been playing, until the end of the third. I still think that he give the Sharks the best chance to win.

Agree. Start going back and forth with goalies, then you know the coaching staff is in panic mode. Stalock looked pretty unhappy in his post game interview. Guy gets his first playoff start, and then gets robbed on that second goal. I'd be fuming too. My big chance and the refs fuck me.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Oates will never coach the Sharks. He thinks Hertl is bad for the league.

I'm sure the almighty dollar would sway his beliefs...

Who would have ever thought Ralphie would be a Shark?

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
trotz would be perfect. What he is able to extract from rag tag nobodies in nashville is amazing. he will instill a perfect work ethic.

If they let boyle walk, fire tmac and hire trotz, and then trade joe thornton to toronto for a big package of youth, they would be all set. it might take a year or two for the nieto's and hertls to mature as well as the package of players they get, but they will get rid of the cancer in the locker room.

And yes, Joe thornton is a cancer in the room. he's jovial, nice, everyone loves him, but he has no fire. He has taken no leadership and taken nothing on his own shoulders. His one-sided, all pass no score game, undermines the team, and he is likely the greatest regular season star and post season choker in the history of the NHL. Few players with that kind of performance in the regular season disappear like him and have their heart questioned as much as he and patricia. In 15 years, neither has sniffed a cup finals, let alone a cup.

The sharks need a leadership core with unquestioned heart. With players who sacrifice the body, work their absolute tails off, and elevate their game when it matters most. Those guys are hard to find, no question, but they are out there, and maybe in the locker room now (cooch has struggled but the heart is there). A leader doesnt necessarily have to score, but they have to work. Right now, jumbo is the worst, slowest, and laziest player on the team. The last 3 games since the OT winner, patty has been equally awful. The team follows them.

I am really sad when I look at 3 more years of watching those two rack up regular season records when it doesnt matter and wasting the prime years of guys like pickles, braun, couture, and the like.

Nothing will change until Jumbo is gone. Boston was right. It took a few years, but jumbo being gone is why they won a cup.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Get this guy. He's very D minded. Would LR stay on? Go get Adam Oates to replace Baby Jay.

I like Barry trots but I don't think his coaching style meshes well with the San Jose roster, even when he has had skilled players to coach he never got much out of them, some of them regressed he's great at handling mid tier grinding players

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How good would Jamie McGinn and Nick Bonino look on this team right now? :gaah:

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I am still bitter about this.

I still stand by my belief that there is no way a cup ever lands in SJ when both Patty and Joe are here. In the past I have seen some improved efforts from Joe but then not Patty. Next year its vice versa, etc... I think if either one of these guys was on, say, the Red Wings we would have different things to say. The reality is neither of them is a leader, nothing like Nolan and Ricci were. The coaching staff keeps asking them to be and it always fails.

It is time to pick one of them to go - although I think it would be better to wait until the trade deadline next year. They both excel in the regular season, no need to get rid of either of them then - and besides after folding in this years' playoffs their stock will be lower.

Coach wise I am also disappointed. "We were robbed." Really? Why is williams even vertical enough to push your guy in? Hell - you had 8 minutes left to even the game and potentially win it.. No sir - it is not the Sharks that have been robbed it would be the Sharks Fans that have been robbed. Maybe a timeout - grab your team by the balls and read the the riot act? Anything?!! No.. just the standard malaise at the press conference about how it wasn't enough - like that surprises anyone.

Lastly - and I hate to say it but its true - hats off to the Kings. These guys were fucking OUT of this series until about halfway through the 1st period of game 4. They have kept their eye on the prize one step at a time and left everything on the ice - not worrying about what they would have left. Douchbags - but douchbags that know how to get it done.