• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #4 Blues vs Sharks 7:30pm

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... as Thornton scores a meaningless goal...

How meaningless would have it been if that fucking hack didn't take a stupid penalty?! I get it bro, these guys aren't good enough but I'm not going to sit here and give that asshole Marleau a free pass because "they never had a chance at winning the series in the first place." Fuck that.

li0lsh

Hoopla Cash
$ 737.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brb time to book another session with my shrink, because i want to kill everyone that lives in STL right now

Stackem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...well, no surprise here.. ended pretty much like most thought it would. blues will wrap this up next game and put us out of our misery. well, this seasons misery. there's always next year.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I just started watching Community and I'm totally hooked. But I go to a community college soooooo... it's like watching real life.

It is a pretty good show.

Anyway, have a good night V.
See you next game.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Game is tied without the Marleau penalty.

Game is tied if the Sharks don't go 0-4 on the PP.

Game is tied if Niemi stops the Crombeen shot which he should have had.

Game is tied if it wasn't for a fluke bounce on the McDonald goal.

There are a lot of reasons the team lost not just the Marleau penalty.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a team to lose a game but I think Marleau deserves any criticism he receives because this entire series, he's been a liability and as a career Shark in a leadership role (that he refuses to accept) more is expected from him.

On the greater scheme of things, this team is soft and this team has been soft for years.
I think you have to re-evaluate your relationship with your GM if you can't put together the required personnel to succeed.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game is tied if the Sharks don't go 0-4 on the PP.

Game is tied if Niemi stops the Crombeen shot which he should have had.

Game is tied if it wasn't for a fluke bounce on the McDonald goal.

There are a lot of reasons the team lost not just the Marleau penalty.

Also, too lazy to re-watch but I mostly blame Pavelski for the first goal. He looked completely lost out there and forgot to cover his dude, IIRC.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better game from the Sharks, but the PP sucks. STL is stymie when it comes to their defense. Mad props to them, they are a solid all around team.

Here's hoping SJ can put some sort of a fight in game 5, considering all 4 games thus far has been relatively close. We need some speed and better defending on this team.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, a big "F U" to coach McLellan too for a) the PP sucking SOOOOOO bad and b) the PK still sucking.

You had TWO fucking days off to make adjustments and you gave your team a day off?

Fuck you.

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh well, Blues-Kings series should be a good one.

Meanwhile, who gets released as a result of another letdown season? My vote is for Dougie, TMac and somehow Mr. Carcinogen (Marleau), Moore, Winnick, Galiardi and Mitchell. Time to take out the garbage lol.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, too lazy to re-watch but I mostly blame Pavelski for the first goal. He looked completely lost out there and forgot to cover his dude, IIRC.

As others have stated, Pavelski has been awful the entire series. Looks like a chicken with his head cut off out there. And then when he has an opportunity to do something in the 2nd period, when Cooch was knocked into Elliott and three quarters of the net was literally wide open, Pavs shoots it right into Elliott. I don't know if he's injured or just mentally checked out, but in the past Pavs has generally stepped up with decent play and big goals and so far he's done nothing good in this series.

Also I just want to say I'm not solely blaming Pavs for the Sharks being down 3-1. He's just a dent in the armor, one of many for this team.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well, Blues-Kings series should be a good one.

Meanwhile, who gets released as a result of another letdown season? My vote is for Dougie, TMac and somehow Mr. Carcinogen (Marleau), Moore, Winnick, Galiardi and Mitchell. Time to take out the garbage lol.

Moore, Winnik, Galiardi and Mitchell are all UFA's I believe so if the Sharks want to let them walk they can. I'd like to see Winnik re-signed, all the rest can go. I'm not so sure the Sharks will even try to move Marleau. We'll see what happens, but that wouldn't fit in with DWil's style. Now there is a possibility (although I don't think it's likely) that Wilson could be canned. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

shrksfn9192

SJ Sharks Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last goal by Thornton should build some "momentum" heading into Game 5. Down 3-1, the Sharks should be the more "desperate" team. That 4th win is always the toughest to get. More cliches to come from now until Saturday afternoon.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I have cooled off, I respectfully disagree with you Rares. I find myself in agreement with you more times than not but not on this one. It's not all on Marleau, but like I said, he doesn't get a free pass just because "we didn't have much of a chance in the first place." Also, FUCK NTC's...ok maybe I haven't cooled off, FUCK NO TRADE CLAUSES, fuck them to hell! I never want to see one of those included in a players contract ever again, throw in the extra year or two but FUCK THE NTC... :lm:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As others have stated, Pavelski has been awful the entire series. Looks like a chicken with his head cut off out there. And then when he has an opportunity to do something in the 2nd period, when Cooch was knocked into Elliott and three quarters of the net was literally wide open, Pavs shoots it right into Elliott. I don't know if he's injured or just mentally checked out, but in the past Pavs has generally stepped up with decent play and big goals and so far he's done nothing good in this series.

Also I just want to say I'm not solely blaming Pavs for the Sharks being down 3-1. He's just a dent in the armor, one of many for this team.

You can't blame any one player for the Sharks being down 3-1. Really, the only players who have played at an acceptable level for the Sharks IMO are Burns and Niemi. Maybe Thornton as well. Not that these players are playing great they just aren't the ones hurting the team.

Pavelski has always had trouble with teams like St. Louis who are big and play the body on him. He's easy to knock off the puck and doesn't skate or stickhandle well enough to escape the pressure. With the forwards colapsing down so low for St. Louis he can't find the soft areas to get his shot off regularly.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I have cooled off, I respectfully disagree with you Rares. I find myself in agreement with you more times than not but not on this one. It's not all on Marleau, but like I said, he doesn't get a free pass just because "we didn't have much of a chance in the first place." Also, FUCK NTC's...ok maybe I haven't cooled off, FUCK NO TRADE CLAUSES, fuck them to hell! I never want to see one of those included in a players contract ever again, throw in the extra year or two but FUCK THE NTC... :lm:

Haha.. no worries, dude!

I can't defend Marleau at all. I have NO possible explanation for how bad of a hockey player he has been the past month or so, with the exception of like... 2 games.

He deserves all the criticism he's getting right now.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, reading my last post that you just quoted. It's pretty much pointless right? Because who in the hell would take Marleau if we were shopping him and he didn't have a no trade clause anyway? With that cap hit and that disappearing act, we are stuck with this hack.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not sure... Marleau for Luongo straight up? LOL

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Mike Gillis on the phone and pull the trigger. Would rather have Count Dracula than Patty the Friendly Ghost.