• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 31 - Los Angeles Kings at Toronto Maple Leafs(12-14-14)

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game Kings fans.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Kings got a point, but it would have been great if they stayed out of the box late in the game there - that's been one of their issues - they need to stay out of the box - you get a lead and you have to lock it down - staying out of the box doesn't help that cause

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kings trailing by two after one period - they need to get it together - they should be better than this - Leafs are on a second half of a back to back, they should be taking it to them later on in this game

I haven't watched the game yet (have it recorded) but the numbers (and most of the comments I saw at PPP) seem to suggest that the Buds got their shit handed to them by the Kings in the 1st period. Was there something in particular you found lacking from them other than the scoreboard?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knew a Winnik-Kadri-Santorelli second line would be so effective. Also, Franson is going to get fucking PAID.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched the game yet (have it recorded) but the numbers (and most of the comments I saw at PPP) seem to suggest that the Buds got their shit handed to them by the Kings in the 1st period. Was there something in particular you found lacking from them other than the scoreboard?

I thought it was the other way around - Leafs were great early, Kings were bad(although SOG might make you think otherwise) and then the Kings turned it on later in the second period and into the third period - they had all the momentum until they took the penalty that led to JVR's game tying power play goal

Leafs got kind of lucky though when it was all set and done - they started fast and limped to the finish

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the other way around - Leafs were great early, Kings were bad(although SOG might make you think otherwise) and then the Kings turned it on later in the second period and into the third period - they had all the momentum until they took the penalty that led to JVR's game tying power play goal

Leafs got kind of lucky though when it was all set and done - they started fast and limped to the finish

Corsi was 54-28 in favour of the Kings in the first two periods and then 29-26 in favour of the Leafs over the 3rd and OT. There are probably some score effects for certain stretches but that still seems like a pretty significant possession advantage through two periods (and each period was a similar split, 14-28 and 14-26). I'm suspecting when I get around to watching it will be full of shifts where the Bozak line gets stuck in the Leaf zone for the entire time.