• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 3 - Montreal Canadiens at Philadelphia Flyers(10-11-14): 7:00pm EST

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems this year are fixable - they just aren't playing well enough defensively - last year they couldn't score and they had no energy - this year they're just making dumb mistakes, things that are fixable - simple things like getting the puck cleared when you have a chance to do so - instead of doing those things, they get stuck in the defensive zone for a minute and it leads to a goal

Yup they gotta focus on clearing the puck in front of their own net, giving up too many 2nd & 3rd chance shots in front of their net late in the games. Gotta clear those rebounds better & they'll be fine.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a period in the third period where the puck was in our defensive zone fro nearly 5 minutes on the game clock. The Flyers just looked like their feet were in cement and the Habs scored twice. I think that is what the Doobs is getting at.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a period in the third period where the puck was in our defensive zone fro nearly 5 minutes on the game clock. The Flyers just looked like their feet were in cement and the Habs scored twice. I think that is what the Doobs is getting at.

Yeah, I wonder if conditioning is an issue. Not saying they're out of shape but maybe some players slacked or partied too much during the offseason. Flyers are a young team, makes no sense for them to get tired by the 3rd like they have been.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard for me to believe they're out of shape, maybe it was just specific players that were stuck out there and it really showed(IE: Luke Schenn, Nicklas Grossmann types)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to believe they're out of shape, maybe it was just specific players that were stuck out there and it really showed(IE: Luke Schenn, Nicklas Grossmann types)

Luke Schenn +1 with 3 blocked shot and 13.5 minutes of ice time. I don't think he was the one stuck out there.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wonder if conditioning is an issue. Not saying they're out of shape but maybe some players slacked or partied too much during the offseason. Flyers are a young team, makes no sense for them to get tired by the 3rd like they have been.

The issue is that we have 4-5 3rd pairing dmem that get exposed at some point during the game. Guys that should play 12-14 minutes are playing about 18. Others that should be close to 18 are playing 20+. The guys that should be playing 20+ don't exist. Kimmo was a 20+ guy but would have been more successful at 18. We don't have a #1 and Our 2 best guys, Coburn (yes Coburn) and Streit are borderline #2's. Grossmann may be a 2nd line guy when you have a mobile 2nd pairing guy with him. Schenn, MacDonald and MDZ are all capable 3rd pairing guys.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is that we have 4-5 3rd pairing dmem that get exposed at some point during the game. Guys that should play 12-14 minutes are playing about 18. Others that should be close to 18 are playing 20+. The guys that should be playing 20+ don't exist. Kimmo was a 20+ guy but would have been more successful at 18. We don't have a #1 and Our 2 best guys, Coburn (yes Coburn) and Streit are borderline #2's. Grossmann may be a 2nd line guy when you have a mobile 2nd pairing guy with him. Schenn, MacDonald and MDZ are all capable 3rd pairing guys.

True, guess it really comes down to no Timonen & no Coburn.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't help but I'm not fully buying it. They seem to get scored on when sloppy and when sloppy it's usually because they are tired. Fitness was one of their problems last year and still a problem this year...although not as noticeable. I guess that will come in time we'll see tomorrow.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn't help but I'm not fully buying it. They seem to get scored on when sloppy and when sloppy it's usually because they are tired. Fitness was one of their problems last year and still a problem this year...although not as noticeable. I guess that will come in time we'll see tomorrow.

I know it's early on in the season so it shouldn't be as much of a problem but that game against the Habs was the third game in four nights(Habs were in the same spot) - I think you'll see the Flyers improve in that category if that is an issue, they'll have some time off after the Ducks game so I think you'll see improvement

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that you’re right! Bothers me that Les habs had more jump in the third fitness cost them the game...