• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #15 Buffalo Bills vs Patriots 12/21/2019

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stidham worked with the first team today.

Edelman and Brady were limited.

Johnathan Jones is out with a groin injury.

Rumor heard today is that Brady has been unable to remove his shirt and shoulder pads without someone helping him. Sounds more like a shoulder than an elbow.
Damn sure does I have shoulder issues and oddly enough putting a shirt in can hurt

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn sure does I have shoulder issues and oddly enough putting a shirt in can hurt

In September and October of this year, I was in PT two or three times a week for my left shoulder.X-rays looked like arthritis but the Doc wasn't 100% sure. Just before Halloween I reached into the cupboard for a coffee cup and my shoulder cracked so loud that my wife heard it in the back yard. CAT scan showed a piece of cartilage apparently grew and was pressing against a nerve. The piece broke off and I haven't had one single bit of pain. For two or so months I couldn't even pick my nose with my left hand the shoulder hurt so bad.

I have nothing but sympathy for anyone with a shoulder problem that can't be resolved.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would help explain the accuracy issues. Brady, 42, leading the league in pass attempts is sheer lunacy. I'm surprised he hasn't missed time at this point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like all Patriot fans, I want to see this team in the Super Bowl and get a 7th Ring.

On the other hand, I have a real problem when I hear things like I did about Brady having more than an elbow bruise. Other teams have sat their starting QB regardless of the cost, in order to have them healthy in the final stretch and into the playoffs.

If Brady is hurt more than 'we' know but the extent of his injuries are known to the Patriots coaching staff, then it's unforgivable that we are at this point in the season and Brady is hurt so badly that he cannot perform. All of the excuses about WRs and OLs are hogwash. If he had taken a couple of weeks off when the schedule was softer, would he be playing at a better level today?

You don't heal as fast at 22 as you did at 12. You certainly don't heal as fast at 42 as you did at 32. This is medical fact and one cannot turn back the clock. Brees sat out, as did Mahomes and both came back with a vengeance. Brady has to play every game because........???? because he's the GOAT and he doesn't want to be put in a position where his replacement just might play a little better?

If he's hurt, sit him and possibly lose home-field advantage. Or sit him and Stidham proves that he's an NFL QB and is ready to take over when TB12 is done or leaves.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like all Patriot fans, I want to see this team in the Super Bowl and get a 7th Ring.

On the other hand, I have a real problem when I hear things like I did about Brady having more than an elbow bruise. Other teams have sat their starting QB regardless of the cost, in order to have them healthy in the final stretch and into the playoffs.

If Brady is hurt more than 'we' know but the extent of his injuries are known to the Patriots coaching staff, then it's unforgivable that we are at this point in the season and Brady is hurt so badly that he cannot perform. All of the excuses about WRs and OLs are hogwash. If he had taken a couple of weeks off when the schedule was softer, would he be playing at a better level today?

You don't heal as fast at 22 as you did at 12. You certainly don't heal as fast at 42 as you did at 32. This is medical fact and one cannot turn back the clock. Brees sat out, as did Mahomes and both came back with a vengeance. Brady has to play every game because........???? because he's the GOAT and he doesn't want to be put in a position where his replacement just might play a little better?

If he's hurt, sit him and possibly lose home-field advantage. Or sit him and Stidham proves that he's an NFL QB and is ready to take over when TB12 is done or leaves.
Good post Ken, I agree.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed let him play the last two games. But TB12 will not allow that

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We know he's had the elbow problem and he hurt it again in Baltimore when he banged it off a helmet. The shoulder was something I heard and no one has confirmed. If he's hurt, it's a lousy way to end a career after twenty years, especially if its his ego that won't let him sit out a game or two.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. Don't get me wrong about wanting to see them win each game and the Super Bowl. I just no longer see the need to count. I stopped at five when it meant something for Brady. I don't feel the need to have the most trophies all time when different eras just aren't comparable. Pittsburgh getting another won't add one for Bradshaw and number seven for the Pats won't undo the Patriot missile.

I'm happy when we win the one in front of us.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday 12/19/2019

Brady did not practice today.

Belichick said, "That's the way it goes today."

If it was anyone else, BB would be saying, "Next man up."

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats probably shouldn’t be breaking the injury report rules when they’re already in the throes of a league investigation.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born and raised in Maine. A "storm" can leave 1" OR 1 Foot. At my age, anything that I have to snowblow or shovel is a result of a 'storm'.

I went to Maine when I was 6

That's all i got.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. Don't get me wrong about wanting to see them win each game and the Super Bowl. I just no longer see the need to count. I stopped at five when it meant something for Brady. I don't feel the need to have the most trophies all time when different eras just aren't comparable. Pittsburgh getting another won't add one for Bradshaw and number seven for the Pats won't undo the Patriot missile.

I'm happy when we win the one in front of us.

I want 'em all!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TB Came to the podium for a presser adjusted his hat as he always does and zero range of motion issues, showed no signs of pain on his face. I suspect he is as well as he has been all season and have little doubt he plays Sunday. The division is on the line

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect he is as well as he has been all season and have little doubt he plays Sunday. The division is on the line
\
Not to nitpick, but the game is Saturday.

There's talk that the reason he's not practicing is that he doesn't want to irritate the elbow. One comment was that the original injury was that his arm was extended after a pass when he clipped a helmet of a defender. That caused a slight hyperextension which was pretty much ignored didn't require much treatment. He hit it again against Baltimore and this time he really bruised it. The elbow is tender and throwing inflames the tissue, so he's not throwing other than in games.

Hence, the elbow is somewhat tight before the game and he has to take some reps before the game and according to one guy, has actually thrown too hard as he did before the Houston game and it totally altered his passing motion and delivery. They said to watch his warm ups before the game and see if he throws a ball further than 15 yards on the sideline.

These guys make their living watching the games, analyzing games and practices. As much as I think I know from coaching and playing the game, I can't possibly know what these guys are actually seeing. You can only trust that they're reporting what they see and what they know or have heard from other people.

Pats probably shouldn’t be breaking the injury report rules when they’re already in the throes of a league investigation.

Brady was on the injury report for several weeks with an elbow. He could have a shoulder issue, but if the elbow is the problem that's causing him to be less than 100%, then that's the injury that gets reported.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several weeks doesn’t matter...you said he didn’t practice yesterday, but he wasn’t listed on yesterday’s practice report as a non-participant. That’s a violation of league rules.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Several weeks doesn’t matter...you said he didn’t practice yesterday, but he wasn’t listed on yesterday’s practice report as a non-participant. That’s a violation of league rules.

Since you're the legal expert, why don't you call the league office and report the violation? I just tell folks what I hear and what I see up here in New England. They won't let me examine him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless the shoulder/elbow is not the reason he did not practice and it was more of a pitch count strategy.
Or they want to get the underlings more 1st team prep time in case he does get injured and they need to step in under fire.
Or a combination.
Then, it's not a violation.

Stidham should have played 2nd half against Cincy.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if it’s just a scheduled rest day he’s still supposed to be listed on the report as not participating.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure it does, can't practice consist of film study, working out, watching the defense?