• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tramon was cut right now he'd be starting for another team week 1. He wouldn't be making anywhere near 8 mil but he'd no doubt be a starter.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tramon was cut right now he'd be starting for another team week 1. He wouldn't be making anywhere near 8 mil but he'd no doubt be a starter.

I understand that, but my point is at this point in his career, he's not as good as Shields or Hayward. Therefore, he shouldn't start. If he went somewhere else, he'd be a marginal starter. Some people really need to take off the homer glasses on this guy. He's just not the player he once was and he's not starter material, at least not for this team. Even his own positional coach says his job is up for grabs. I would've traded him by now and drafted another CB other than Hyde.

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but my point is at this point in his career, he's not as good as Shields or Hayward. Therefore, he shouldn't start. If he went somewhere else, he'd be a marginal starter. Some people really need to take off the homer glasses on this guy. He's just not the player he once was and he's not starter material, at least not for this team. Even his own positional coach says his job is up for grabs. I would've traded him by now and drafted another CB other than Hyde.

This team starts 3 CBs pretty much every game therefore since he's the 3rd best CB he should start and hence he's a starter. Nobody is saying he's an elite CB but he's "starter material" whether you like it or not. Sorry bud.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team starts 3 CBs pretty much every game...

This is where I'm interested in seeing Hyde. Hyde has the size and speed to take over Woodson's role. Sure, he's obviously no Woodson, but I think he can be a positive in that role. I suspect that TT took into account Hyde's experience as an all-around DB and Capers will plug him into a similar role. Maybe not the exact same role Woodson had, but something that reflects that role.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I'm interested in seeing Hyde. Hyde has the size and speed to take over Woodson's role.

Hyde's 40 time was only 4.56 I believe.. he does not possess great speed. Straight line speed is considered one of his weaknesses. He is comparable to Tramon Williams when he came out of college.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde's 40 time was only 4.56 I believe.. he does not possess great speed. Straight line speed is considered one of his weaknesses. He is comparable to Tramon Williams when he came out of college.

Hyde ran a 4.51 and Hayward ran a 4.53. The difference between Hyde(as well as Hayward) and Williams is that Hyde moves much more fluidly than Williams. One could argue that age has something to do with it, but physics will tell you that the upper body affects the lower body when the body is in motion. Try this: go out and run 40 yards with NO movement of your arms whatsoever, then go run that same 40 yards with the use of your arms. I think you know where I'm going with that. Take away the full capacity of the upper body and it severely affects the lower body. Williams, and now House, have dealt with the same shoulder injury and have played with the same harness the past couple of years. Both have been a liability in zone coverage where agility is key to the success of a DB. Neither have been able to show that agility and the best examples can be seen in the Giants blowout, especially with House.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hyde ran a 4.51 and Hayward ran a 4.53. The difference between Hyde(as well as Hayward) and Williams is that Hyde moves much more fluidly than Williams. One could argue that age has something to do with it, but physics will tell you that the upper body affects the lower body when the body is in motion. Try this: go out and run 40 yards with NO movement of your arms whatsoever, then go run that same 40 yards with the use of your arms. I think you know where I'm going with that. Take away the full capacity of the upper body and it severely affects the lower body. Williams, and now House, have dealt with the same shoulder injury and have played with the same harness the past couple of years. Both have been a liability in zone coverage where agility is key to the success of a DB. Neither have been able to show that agility and the best examples can be seen in the Giants blowout, especially with House.

I compared Hyde's 40 time to Williams when coming out of college and then stated the following>
"Straight line speed is considered one of his (Hyde's) weaknesses." (as was with Williams coming out of college)

If you do not understand what straight line speed is, watch the Packers preseason game vs the Rams and Givens 57 yard reception play and compare that to Super Bowl play when Woodson was matched up with Wallace on play he broke collarbone. One was step for step with defender.. the other 2 yards trailing.

That is straight line speed.

Draft experts and already Packers players are talking about Hyde's instincts... in that manner he is comparable to Woodson and not the speed/quickness. The other area he is similar is his tackling it appears.

Pushn40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I compared Hyde's 40 time to Williams when coming out of college and then stated the following>
"Straight line speed is considered one of his (Hyde's) weaknesses." (as was with Williams coming out of college)

If you do not understand what straight line speed is, watch the Packers preseason game vs the Rams and Givens 57 yard reception play and compare that to Super Bowl play when Woodson was matched up with Wallace on play he broke collarbone. One was step for step with defender.. the other 2 yards trailing.

Draft experts and already Packers players are talking about Hyde's instincts... in that manner he is comparable to Woodson and not the speed/quickness. The other area he is similar is his tackling it appears.

I really like the way he tackles, and in fact, I just like his overall approach to the game. Physical, aware, instinctual, raw, and unafraid to mix it up in there. He's going to be a good football player in this league - time will tell if we can say "great"!

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the way he tackles, and in fact, I just like his overall approach to the game. Physical, aware, instinctual, raw, and unafraid to mix it up in there.

First of all, I know what straightline speed is and yes, Hyde is weak in that area, but so is Hayward. How is Hayward doing? Does it concern me? Yes, but the difference between Williams and Hyde is what's quoted above. Hyde is bigger, faster, more physical, and he's got a chip on his shoulder. The Givens play does bother me, but if this were a regular season game, I'm quite sure Shields would've been lined up on him, not Hyde.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like the way he tackles, and in fact, I just like his overall approach to the game. Physical, aware, instinctual, raw, and unafraid to mix it up in there. He's going to be a good football player in this league - time will tell if we can say "great"!

Agree 100%

The tackle of Austin on the 2 yard line to keep him out of end zone on 2nd and goal was a masterpiece. He got square with receiver after catch and pushed him back, Austin had no chance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I know what straightline speed is and yes, Hyde is weak in that area, but so is Hayward. How is Hayward doing?

Why all the tangents with rebuttals... I have been replying to your comment>

Hyde has the size and speed to take over Woodson's role.

Hayward is not Woodson.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I was going off of before. Hyde's not a 4.4 guy sure, but it's not like he was as far off as Williams is. What I meant by Woodson's role is the idea of a rover type DB that is tough enough to blitz fairly regularly. We've already established that one of Hyde's strengths is that he is instinctual. That's what he has in common with Woodson.