• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

game 1 vs tiggers

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why does norris get tossed?

It had to have been because of the exchange with Hunter. I didn't see any indication he was tossed because of the wild pitch. Probably Norris said a couple of choice things on the way back to the dugout. Not sure how Torii doesn't get the thumb too if it was based purely on their exchange.. unless what Bud had to say was that far and above BAD, lol.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home runs have been down because it's been so cool this spring in a good many cities.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really believe that's why he's platooning with Flaherty.. forget the matchups.. he just hasn't proven yet that he can be their everyday 2nd baseman. Taking too much inspiration from Jones, maybe?

Its pretty much a microcosm of everybody except a few with no idea about the importance of smallball. Trying to be the hero.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The added pressure is indeed a concern... otherwise, if we're only looking at numbers, you could even make a case for swapping Clevenger with Jones vs. RHP...

Well.. maybe. If Steve, Davis and Jones continue the way they are, I could potentially see Clevenger hitting 3rd, followed by either Davis or Jones. Give him a few more atbats and we'll see. He's definitely had some nice hits since being forced into playing everyday. Depends on whether other teams begin to figure him out.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty much a microcosm of everybody except a few with no idea about the importance of smallball. Trying to be the hero.

That last inning was case in point. Everyone swinging for 3 run homers... with no one on base.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if Davis has a poor year it helps with his $tag going forward.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It had to have been because of the exchange with Hunter. I didn't see any indication he was tossed because of the wild pitch. Probably Norris said a couple of choice things on the way back to the dugout. Not sure how Torii doesn't get the thumb too if it was based purely on their exchange.. unless what Bud had to say was that far and above BAD, lol.

words are words...torii started the whole exchange and instantly started walking towards the mound

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this offense is fucking impressive i tell u

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this offense is fucking impressive i tell u

And for extra irony, the decision to leave in Norris turned out to be correct given the benefit of hindsight... since losing by 3 is the same as losing by 1 (unless, of course, everyone starts swinging for the fences due to being down by 3) while the bullpen's workload is reduced by one inning.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny and sad that Clevenger and Pearce are their best hitters.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, gotta look at the silver lining. Atleast Bud pitched a long game. He gave the team the opportunity to get back into it. Except for walking guys at the beginning of the inning, he did his job.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.. they just don't have the mojo they had last year or the tail end of the year before that.

Their about themselves...they only swing for the fences...they dont do the little things...theyd rather strike out than walk

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their about themselves...they only swing for the fences...they dont do the little things...theyd rather strike out than walk

And if they expect to make the playoffs and DO anything in it, they NEED to learn how to put down the "Oriole way" every now and then and do those little things. And I wish to hell we had atleast one player with some bonafide speed. Gotta have atleast one.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because Buck tells them to be aggressive and then they just run with it. Probably costs them 10 games a year.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny and sad that Clevenger and Pearce are their best hitters.

I think there's something to be said for being hungry. These guys obviously are and are not taking their opportunity for granted.

For even more irony... if you look only at the numbers, there should be a platoon at 1B! :omg: :lol:
(Obviously, anything is possible with small sample sizes... but this shows how well Pearce has been hitting this season so far given the limited opportunities.)

Last edited by a moderator:

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even in our 5 game win streak we only scored 21 runs...and 3/4's of them were in the 6,7,8,9,10 inning its pretty bad...they bring their bats once a week to skew their averages and stats...but this offense this year is pretty fucking bad...if you take away nelson cruz from our line-up we would have only won 6 games