• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

game 1 vs tiggers

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For even more irony... if you look only at the numbers, there should be a platoon at 1B! :omg: :lol:
(Obviously, anything is possible with small sample sizes... but this shows how well Pearce has been hitting this season so far given the limited opportunities.)

even in our 5 game win streak we only scored 21 runs...and 3/4's of them were in the 6,7,8,9,10 inning its pretty bad...they bring their bats once a week to skew their averages and stats...but this offense this year is pretty fucking bad...if you take away nelson cruz from our line-up we would have only won 6 games

If you'd asked me at the beginning of the year what I thought Steve and Nelson would do, I'd tell you they were going to augment our offense... not be a big portion of it. And after a couple of years of thinking of Wieters as a capable.. not outstanding.. but capable hitter in the #6 slot, who knew that his absence would loom as large as it has?

We're pretty damn lucky to be at the top of a division that has "who wants it?" emblazoned all over it. Can't blame the starting pitching much in the last week or so. They're coming around. It's all coming down to hitting.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because Buck tells them to be aggressive and then they just run with it. Probably costs them 10 games a year.

That works well when you have a bunch of nobodies on your squad and they have nothing left to lose. I hate to even think it... but I wonder about that old feeling on Buck.. he'll get you to a certain point, but another capable manager after him gets you to the next level.

I'm gonna try not think about that for now.

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners up early and threatening against the Rays, 4-0.

Blue Jays won and the Red Sox are off.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB network cut to the game when Schoop was up and i heard Palmer say "he aint walking".:L

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick's hitting steak is over. Against the likes of the Rays, Astros, Pirates, Royals & Twins.

Atleast his slugging % is above .400. (Above .500 for the month of May)

Still holding out hope that he can be a game-changer for us for the season.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff could fix it if they had any ballzz..they just don't think it's a problem, which is a problem.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff could fix it if they had any ballzz..they just don't think it's a problem, which is a problem.
we have traded away all of our high obp minor league players . we are in first and we haven't hit our hitting stride yet . sad to say the pitching has been rather good in last 2 weeks .