• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1 thoughts.........

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ Tpaul. now I have an excuse for memory problems... the 60's, the 70's the 80's the 90's, TBI, the 2000's, the 2010's.... blah, blah blah.... got blundt ? a glass mug covering a small piece of cardboard with a straight pin sticking up through the bottom of said cardboard while using glass for cover.....

maybe this will ring ur bell

by BB_72... THEN MY all-time classic failure.... my fuckin' catalina wine mixer post

post #457 on http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...monday-night-football-lions-vs-giants-29.html through post #472

this is all in jest, even in my signature....

and I don't get sarcasm most of the time..... sheeeshhh... you missed the boat on this one... stop hittin' the shit for a minute....haha...JK

Lol, just checking. Wanted to make sure I didn't need to write you a letter of recommendation or provide a character witness or some shit like that...

Last edited by a moderator:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a good reference, now wasn't it. I wasn't sure how explanatory I needed 2 be. I was always at the scUM quad for April fools day, even as a kid. Known as "THE H**H B**H"...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOG...

You just wish You had what I currently have....that's all

I got the sarcasm... I'm now 9 for 27 on that (from your proposed guess of 8/26)

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just bitching, I replied on another thread, then saw these. What can you do, though? We win big and two days later we're back to this nonsense.

Slay had a fine game, no reason to call him a dud. I'm assuming he's shitting on Couplin because of the BS roughing the kicker penalty, otherwise I'm not sure what he did wrong. Broyles didn't even play, so clearly he blows. Smh...

Also, I love how he predicted Eli to shred us up to the tune of 300+ yards, and when he didn't it's because Eli sucks, not because our secondary perhaps isn't the dumpster fire he proclaims it to be. I guess that's what happens in this media-infused day and age when the team doesn't draft the exact player a guy wants to see drafted.

In the end, though, everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, some opinions just flat-out suck.

Lol. I have no problem admitting Im wrong. I was wrong on the eli throwing for 300. Old Lion was right, I dont remember you saying a peep about it. Props to old lion for that. That doesnt change my opinion of how bad I think the secondary is though. You seem to have a problem with that though. Im still waiting for you to admit how wrong you were about the eagles lions game last year. Im still waiting for you to say how wrong you are year in and year out about how great are cornerbacks and stable of running backs are going to be. It gets old man, quick. Be a man for once in your life eh? You bitch constantly and get into arguments with half of the board yet Im the one thats bitching?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious as to why you thought Slay was a dud? Other than the PI call, I thought he looked solid. He's still got room to grow, but I thought he was far from a dud. Could you expand on why?

Honestly because the lions did so well, there werent that many players to choose from to be duds. You could make a case for couplin not being a dud either, he was shoved into the punter, but in the end I chose Slay and Couplin both because those two plays were critical for the giants scoring seven. The lions and slay cant be affording giving up seven points. I appreciate you asking instead of attacking.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't implying that you were suggesting that at all.

That was my observation based on his posts this afternoon on multiple threads.

It just baffles me that some people go through soooo much effort to find negatives to complain about. His "duds" that he felt compelled to share really weren't that convincing at all, which suggests, to me, that he was just looking for something to complain about...

We go through this every year. Im not allowed to critique the team? The lions did great and I loved it. I see concerns though and should be able to address them as this is supposed to be a forum where we talk about the lions, good and bad. Unfortunately as most fans realize its been mostly bad for quite some time. I know its too much for you to handle the truth tpaul, which is why I tend to avoid you (like many other posters here). Thanks buddy. You would be a horrible coach btw. You have to be able to teach your players to learn from their mistakes. The game was not perfect and a good coach would observe that.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slay was targeted 8 times and only allowed 3 receptions, no pass went over 9 yards. That 1 penalty carries a lot of weight in some minds I guess.

Yes, because that one penalty directly led to a td. Theres much work to be done still and there should be definite concern regarding the secondary.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My old HS track coach used to have a saying:

"Opinions are like assholes- everyone has one, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to share."

Unfortunately for several of us we are subjected toward yours way too much.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately for several of us we are subjected toward yours way too much. You would probably be an "ok" poster if the board wasnt subjected to you whining, bitching, arguing and complaining with EVERYONE that says something your precious ego cant handle. As it is, its rather trying to have to browse through entire threads marred by tpaul and an argument with someone.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I have no problem admitting Im wrong. I was wrong on the eli throwing for 300. Old Lion was right, I dont remember you saying a peep about it. Props to old lion for that. That doesnt change my opinion of how bad I think the secondary is though. You seem to have a problem with that though.?
I don't have any issue at all with you thinking the secondary is bad. You're entitled to your opinion.

I did, however, take issue when our secondary played a good game, got a pick, limited a good WR to minimal impact, and you basically say it wasn't them playing well, it was just because Eli played poorly. I don't think that's fair- if they play shitty and cost us a game, trash away. But after a good game like that to pretty much immediately discredit their effort, and to single out Slay in particular after he had a damn strong game, just seems senseless to me. They played well this time, if you don't want to give them credit that's fine, but give them a break for a week at least. That's all I'm saying.

Im still waiting for you to admit how wrong you were about the eagles lions game last year.
Do tell?

Im still waiting for you to say how wrong you are year in and year out about how great are cornerbacks and stable of running backs are going to be.
Can I get some of what you're smoking, please? Our RB stable is pretty great right now, CBs? Not so much. I think you might have an issue with picking up the difference between the words "could" and "will." Saying that we need to give them time to develop before writing them off is not the same as saying they will definitely develop. Read what's actually written- not what you want to read.

It gets old man, quick. Be a man for once in your life eh? You bitch constantly and get into arguments with half of the board yet Im the one thats bitching?
Yes it does get old, especially after we win a big game and you're still on the same "Chicken Little" routine. The sky didn't fall on MNF, but you'd never know that based on your posts there. I don't see how me calling you on the carpet when you're needlessly trashing the team makes me any less of a man? Do you have some issues there that you're projecting onto me? 'Cause I'm fine, I promise. I don't feel the need to challenge other's manhood when they don't agree with my incessant bitching...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, because that one penalty directly led to a td. Theres much work to be done still and there should be definite concern regarding the secondary.

The refs gift-wrapped that TD for them when they awarded an incorrect penalty on that punt. But yeah, the TD was all Slay's fault.

Apparently now we expect perfection out of our CBs, not merely a good game, which Slay certainly had Monday night...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any issue at all with you thinking the secondary is bad. You're entitled to your opinion.

I did, however, take issue when our secondary played a good game, got a pick, limited a good WR to minimal impact, and you basically say it wasn't them playing well, it was just because Eli played poorly. I don't think that's fair- if they play shitty and cost us a game, trash away. But after a good game like that to pretty much immediately discredit their effort, and to single out Slay in particular after he had a damn strong game, just seems senseless to me. They played well this time, if you don't want to give them credit that's fine, but give them a break for a week at least. That's all I'm saying.

Do tell?

Can I get some of what you're smoking, please? Our RB stable is pretty great right now, CBs? Not so much. I think you might have an issue with picking up the difference between the words "could" and "will." Saying that we need to give them time to develop before writing them off is not the same as saying they will definitely develop. Read what's actually written- not what you want to read.

Yes it does get old, especially after we win a big game and you're still on the same "Chicken Little" routine. The sky didn't fall on MNF, but you'd never know that based on your posts there. I don't see how me calling you on the carpet when you're needlessly trashing the team makes me any less of a man? Do you have some issues there that you're projecting onto me? 'Cause I'm fine, I promise. I don't feel the need to challenge other's manhood when they don't agree with my incessant bitching...

I never said eli played poorly, although he did. As I indicated I picked couplin and slay as duds because there werent really many players to choose from (because the LIONS DID SO WELL)and they both directly cost the lions a TD. You had already stuck your foot in your mouth though. The lions as an entire team did good. No man, like usual you cant handle that other posters are able to discuss both positives and negatives about the team and you go crazy. Of course you forgot how much of a prick you were toward me when the I said the lions would shred the eagles last year and you flew off the handle. Like I said, you have problems being a man and admitting you are wrong. As much as it pains me to say this, robbase is right when he calls you out on your shit from the past. I agree, as Ive said before (and you clearly chose to ignore) that our running backs look good. Im not necessarily talking about this year. Every year before we signed bush lions fans got the same spiel from you about our versatile stable of running backs and cornerbacks and every year they werent good. Every year you blew up on people disagreeing with you and like oh so many things, you were wrong. All of us are wrong on here, some of us cant admit it.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs gift-wrapped that TD for them when they awarded an incorrect penalty on that punt. But yeah, the TD was all Slay's fault.

Apparently now we expect perfection out of our CBs, not merely a good game, which Slay certainly had Monday night...

I agree the penalty was ridiculous and I was shocked when gruden stated that it was definitely a penalty. I dont know the exact rules on that, apparently being shoved into the punter is a penalty? Then I guess the lions should be practicing shoving opponents into the punter this week. Who said I expected perfection? You always just make up shit to argue. There is room for improvement, his penalty cost us a touchdown and the secondary needs to improve. Lets hope the lions organization doesnt take the tpaul route and be satisfied when there is much to work on. Coach on brotha.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright tpaul while I dont have a problem admitting your posts are an annoyance and insulting toward me which is why I respond every rare once and a while, Ive said what needs to be said. If ou didnt constantly worry about what others (including me) thought of the lions and you personally you wouldnt always be so adamantly defending the lions and yourself. Spare me the "i dont care what you think attitude" when clearly it bothers you more than anyone. Its just a stream of neverending insecurities coming out of your mouth. Like usual I will put a stop to the arguing, responding, and reading your rants. I understand discussing with you is a pointless endeavor which is why I usually refrain from partaking, but I experienced a lapse in judgement today (which I will in the future appropriately coin a trevor). So at least for a while I will inhibit my trevors. I appreciate your input though, really. You are a great guy. I may even scan one of your long winded rants on a day Im in a particularly good mood for a chuckle. I would block you, but I find that pathetic as you do provide plenty of fodder to smirk at.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said eli played poorly, although he did. As I indicated I picked couplin and slay as duds because there werent really many players to choose from (because the LIONS DID SO WELL)and they both directly cost the lions a TD. You had already stuck your foot in your mouth though. The lions as an entire team did good. No man, like usual you cant handle that other posters are able to discuss both positives and negatives about the team and you go crazy. Of course you forgot how much of a prick you were toward me when the I said the lions would shred the eagles last year and you flew off the handle. Like I said, you have problems being a man and admitting you are wrong. As much as it pains me to say this, robbase is right when he calls you out on your shit from the past. I agree, as Ive said before (and you clearly chose to ignore) that our running backs look good. Im not necessarily talking about this year. Every year before we signed bush lions fans got the same spiel from you about our versatile stable of running backs and cornerbacks and every year they werent good. Every year you blew up on people disagreeing with you and like oh so many things, you were wrong. All of us are wrong on here, some of us cant admit it.

Pretty close- regardless you took credit away from our secondary doing well and instead gave it to the Giants lack of execution:
How bad is the giants offense that they couldnt light up our piss poor injury depleted secondary?
Other than that I see a lot of unsubstantiated bullshit here. Show me where I said this stuff, instead of just relying on what you think you remember. Otherwise you're just talking shit...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I hurt somebody's feelers here.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game one thoughts......Most everything looked good if not great. I could do without the Missed FG, Bell fumbling, the injury to Bentley. Not much to complain about expect we played the Giants and Eli didn't even bother trying to really test our secondary. Verdict is still out but were 1-0.....

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I did like to see was Fauria, Pettigrew and Ebron all on the right side and CJ to the far left......I saw that and thought, this could get interesting. I would like to see that a few times a game...That will really put pressure on a defense. Just Imagine the possiblities of a power screen behind those tight ends but the Defense can't soley focus on that with Calvin on the other side....

I think Tate had a quite but nice game once he showed up in the 2nd half and did what he was brought into to do and that's be a possesion reiciever and he did that well. He will be a breath of fresh air.....Didn't see Broyels......Did he even play?