• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #1 Postgame Commentary

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Shane Beamer: "David Wilson had a big day. He's special. But, he and I both know that it could have been better!"
11 minutes ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Kevin Sherman: "As good as the receivers were over the course of this game, my biggest disappointment is the drops."
13 minutes ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Bryan Stinespring: "Randall Dunn showed on that one TD catch, all the elements that have us excited about him."
14 minutes ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Bryan Stinespring: "We had 8 plays that went for 20-yards or longer. To be a dangerous offense, we must have that."
15 minutes ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Bryan Stinespring: "We showed some looks and sets that have never been seen in the Virginia Tech offense."
17 minutes ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
B-Foster: "Our backups gave up some big plays and that's disappointing. But, the only way they'll get better is to play."
1 hour ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Charley Wiles: "I nominated Antoine Hopkins for coach's 'Player of the Game.' I liked every thing he did!"
1 hour ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Charley Wiles: "Isaiah Hamlette was very productive. I need him to stay positivie because we'll need him this season."
1 hour ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Bud Foster: "Bruce Taylor did a great job taking charge, making calls, getting us lined up and communicating. He was physical and fast."
1 hour ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Game balls. Offense-Marcus Davis. Defense-Kyle Fuller. Spec.-Justin Myer
18 hours ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Travel squad will increase to 72 for ECU game
18 hours ago

Beamer_Ball Beamer Ball
Josh Oglesby will serve as one of the 4 captains for the ECU game

HokieGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RaleighHokie Raleigh Hokie
One more thought: with starters in, it was a 52-0 game. Can't overstate how impressive that is. ASU is a good program w/ many good players.

How surprised was #8 to fimd out he was tracked down from behind by LB Telvion Clark on five yard line?
9 seconds ago

Defense is faster than last year - better speed at almost every position, but especially at LB. Those guys can run.
2 minutes ago

Developing a rhythm is a key for any offense and a good tempo is a key to developing a good rhythm.
4 minutes ago

Clear that tempo was a focus in preseason. Calls from booth going directly to QB's on sideline - all coaches listening but no middle man.
5 minutes ago

Two observations that surfaced to top on Sat - offensive tempo was excellent and defensive speed was impressive.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the part where we won.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great game. WR drops were disappointing

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this quote:

Presley finished 7 of 18 for 89 yards and two interceptions. He gained just 43 rushing yards on 13 carries. But afterwards, Presley was defiant in saying: “I wouldn’t classify [Virginia Tech] as an elite team. They capitalized on our turnovers and mistakes. We made them look a lot better than they were.”

They made some mistakes but 52-0 after 33 minutes is an ass whoopin.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this quote:

Presley finished 7 of 18 for 89 yards and two interceptions. He gained just 43 rushing yards on 13 carries. But afterwards, Presley was defiant in saying: “I wouldn’t classify [Virginia Tech] as an elite team. They capitalized on our turnovers and mistakes. We made them look a lot better than they were.”

Wow dude. There's confidence, and then there's willful denial of reality. If we're not 'elite' then how much does ASU suck?

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Found this quote:

New year, same excuses. We must be the luckiest team ever!

:think: Or, we might just concentrate on and specialize in capitalizing on turnovers and mistakes?

I'll give Presley a pass though, as it can be hard to compare top FBS vs FCS teams. It's comparable to the Appy State bus driving up 460 to the game: It'd be almost impossible for them to gauge how much faster David Wilson is sprinting past them.