• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1 Eagles vs some team

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.... 7th sack. I guess Doug does not realize he only has 2 starting lineman in the game.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be beating the Skins by 10 or more points.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to go down as a seriously embarrasing loss.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz shit the bed this game - too much holding onto the ball
Eagles running game zilch and I dont think even Sanders would have made much of a difference
Redskins out-muscled and out-coached the Eagles

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL! this should finally end the discussion here (everyone already knows elsewhere) that wentz is NOWHERE NEAR elite. only complete, fucking idiots will make excuses for him after today. he's an inconsistent wreck and a starting QB ONLY on beat, rebuilding teams looking for a miracle.

wilson, rodgers, jackson.. all beasted today against much better teams. that's what elite QB's do. they don't fumble.. take sack after sack after sack refusing to get rid of the ball.. continually miss receivers.. throw dangerous passes. the eagles couldn't afford to lose this game with their beefed up schedule. they're done already. wentz is done.

all the clowns who were riding my sack for saying we should have traded him.. enjoy it. 5 seasons, 0 playoff wins.

stage 1: trade wentz. FAIL.
stage 2: don't extend him. FAIL.
stage 3: accept the mistake and see what you have in hurts. PENDING.

stage 3 will FAIL as well. it will take at least another year or two before everyone starts to say "look, we made a mistake. we have to start over."

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL was bad as expected with the injuries on the right side and Peters looks pretty much done on the Left side. Carson started out well then could do nothing right the rest of the way ... looking for the big play way too often. Held on to the ball way too long knowing this OL was not going to give him that much time. It's Game 1 ... can't get too high or too low ...

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Doug's calls were a big reason for this loss. He needs to learn to punt the ball more.
If that O-line doesn't improve, it's going to be a VERY long year.
Then again, 1 game is only 1 game.
MAYBE the heat got to them. (At least that's what I'd like to believe).

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if it is Doug or Wentz. Our offense seems very predictable and our QB hold the ball way too long. I really hope they figure it out because it they don't it is going to be a very long year.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if it is Doug or Wentz. Our offense seems very predictable and our QB hold the ball way too long. I really hope they figure it out because it they don't it is going to be a very long year.
I'm leaning towards Doug. Post game live Doug was saying he didn't know if he was calling a run a or pass as if there is no rhyme or reason to the plays he calls. And since 2018, I've felt that way about our O: no strategy in the game plan whatsoever.

But then Barrett Brooks said Carson calls a lot of the plays. But that doesn't make sense because we know in 2017 Carson called the plays/audibled and did so brilliantly. How could he as a 23/24 year old call a game like a seasoned vet, but in subsequent years call terrible plays? Doesn't add up. Those first few games of 2018 the O struggled with Foles and didn't get better until near the end of the season. I have no problem blaming Carson for holding the ball too long and trying too hard to extend plays. 5th year QB shouldn't be doing that.

I think it's Doug. I think Doug is a great Head Coach but terrible offensive game planner. 2017, we mixed it up with the running backs and had tremendous success on the ground. Since then, he loves to lean on those little backs like Sproles, Smallwood and Scott who CAN hit homeruns but rarely do and our Run game has been trash. Why bring back Corey Clement to only use him a handful of plays? This isn't a "fire Doug" post, but I think some changes still need to be made (but won't happen any time soon).

Good news, the D looks better. Unfortunately, the O left them with 3-4 short fields.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The loss of this game falls on the shoulders of 2 people. 1. Doug Pederson and 2. Carson Wentz in that order.

Doug Pederson: I have no idea WTF he was doing in this game. Early on the Eagles were dominating the Skins and it was going to be a blowout. Then we had a couple O-Line injuries and the Skins tee'd off on the offense. At the end of the game the Eagles had 2 starting offensive linemen in the game, Peters adn Kelce. The play calling was completely predictable and the Skins knew every play that was being called. I don't think we got more than 5 yards on any screen play. They were all over the screen pass and blew up just about all of them. The Skins changed their defensive game plan and it worked. The ignored the run game completely. He was severely outcoached and should be embarrassed.

Carson Wentz: The interceptions were bad enough. There are several components to them that should be mentioned. The first being they were telegraphed play calls. Both routes were jumped and the corners were playing well off the ball. The corners ran the routes better than the receivers. My first thoughts were why weren't the passes not thrown to the outside? Why did he throw them inside? It made no sense. so I thought they were bad throws until I watched the replays. They were not outside routes. So from a throw perspective I can't they they were bad throws because they were right there on the receiver. However, Wentz did not take into account there was a corner regardless of how far off they were playing and should have had more awareness of of the defenders.

My biggest issue with Wentz is how he held onto the ball too long. While I understand that is part of his game because he can extend the play he should have taken into account the situation and how much pressure he was enduring and got rid of the ball sooner. He was not under pressure because he held onto the ball too long. They were on him too quick. However he did not make fast enough decisions.

To Wentz biggest hater. I know you will want to argue this. I read your post whining about Foles again. That made me realize you are just too stupid to discuss football with. So I put you on ignore. I will not see any of your posts.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I am not anti Wentz or Doug. I know that sine Frank Reich left our offense has not looked the same. I know we made the playoffs last year but the only good team we beat was the Cowboys. We just seem like a team that should go 9-7 every year.

I know 2020 is not a normal year but that is no excuse for how bad they played yesterday. I know it is a long season so I will hope they get it figured out. If the whole year goes like this I will be ready for some changes. :)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I am not anti Wentz or Doug. I know that sine Frank Reich left our offense has not looked the same. I know we made the playoffs last year but the only good team we beat was the Cowboys. We just seem like a team that should go 9-7 every year.

I know 2020 is not a normal year but that is no excuse for how bad they played yesterday. I know it is a long season so I will hope they get it figured out. If the whole year goes like this I will be ready for some changes. :)

They were horrible in the 2nd half and that was it. The game itself was a game of 2 halves and it imploded when the offensive line when to shit. I do not blame the line at all because they were mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers and nothing should have been really expected of them. I fault Pederson for not leaning more on the run. That should have been a no brainer.

Also

No Miles Sanders
No Alshon Jeffrey
No Lance Johnson

and I think Djax got hurt again yesterday. Anyone else notice he got zero seperation from anyone yesterday?

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were horrible in the 2nd half and that was it. The game itself was a game of 2 halves and it imploded when the offensive line when to shit. I do not blame the line at all because they were mostly 2nd and 3rd stringers and nothing should have been really expected of them. I fault Pederson for not leaning more on the run. That should have been a no brainer.

Also

No Miles Sanders
No Alshon Jeffrey
No Lance Johnson

and I think Djax got hurt again yesterday. Anyone else notice he got zero seperation from anyone yesterday?

Djax is as fragile as an egg shell at this point in his career

Eagles got out-coached
The Redskins made adjustments but the Eagles never made adjustments to the Redskins' adjustments

I agree with the rest of your points as well - no running game, etc.

I don't think having Sanders would have made much of a difference
Redskins were out-muscling the Eagles on the line

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also

No Miles Sanders
No Alshon Jeffrey
No Lance Johnson

When it went to 17-7 i knew we were in trouble, even though there was still a half of football to go. Wentz just had that look that he gets when its all gonna go down hill.