• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gags to TB supposedly confirmed

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer (sweating): Man, Stevie, it is hot here in Tampa Bay. How do you do it?

Yzerman:Simple. I make a special drink that will quench your thirst instantaneously.

Homer: Thanks sounds swell! Can you throw one together for me?

Yzerman (Pulls out gun): Ya thirsty? Thirsty for life? Itll cost ya Gagne.

Homer: I cant do that for the fans. I need more then the drink. Take my life so you wont take the fans'.

Yzerman. Yknow what? That takes grapes what you just did. Here is the deal. Ill give you the drink, and Matt Walker and a fourth rounder to share the drink with you so you dont have as much along with your life and in return I want Gagne.

Homer: Deal!

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well gagne was injured for much of last year. he had about 20 goals which zherdev can get by himself.

leino barely played last year. briere and hartnell had down years. jvr and giroux should improve. also, meszaros can get some goals. i think our offense should be much better.

i could maybe see 8 20 goal guys.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at a loss for words at this time. I think I would have rather had our 2nd back at this point than Walker. What was it about Tampa's defense that made them so good that we had to go out and get 1/3 for our team. I thought we were looking really good on the blueline but to add another $1.7 gives me the feeling that we are not done. If we keep all the new gys and move either Carle or Coburn, I think we are weaker. I would rather have either of them at their salary than Meszaros in the top 4 and Walker as our 6. We are very, very deep and a top 3 with Pronger, Timonen, Carle, Coburn, Meszaros, O'Donnell, Bartulis/Marshall. :DI think we take a real step back with Pronger, Timonen, Carle, Meszaros, O'Donnell, Walker, Bartulis/Marshall. :confused:

Of course we now have $1.0 under the cap with this move. I was feeling pretty good about the offseason until now. I did not expect much for Gags but this seems much worse than getting nothing. Oh well, Homer knows a hell of alot more than me. As always,

Let's Go Flyers!!!!!

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
move coburn for picks and get a goalie. that is what i think they should do.

With Homers philosophy, we will probably move him and picks for another Dman making more money. :D In reality, I think Homer over paid him with his new deal. I think Homer really likes him and believes he can be the playoff Coburn vs. the pylon during the season Coburn.

I would rather keep Coburn as our #4 at $3.2 than this 30 year old #6,7 or 8 at $1.8. We were up to a top 3 defense and I think moving one of the core would make us weaker, not stronger. Walker is another big defenseman that Homer loves. Not sure I agree on this one.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am going to have and wait and see Walker play as I really don't know much about. He seems to be big and is a right handed shot, something we have not had in a while. from his points total, I willa ssume that he is a physical stay home type. Anybody know if he has any speed?