• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gags to TB supposedly confirmed

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thinking it would be great of we somehow traded Carle for an actual good propsect/picks we could then sign Stepniak(spelling) and we woudl have upgraded everywhere expect goaltending(unless LA wants to do Carle for Quick).

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see it like this. Keep the D for the goalie protection and the O is fine..

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the FUCK?! And that's coming from a guy who was all for trading Gagne. All Holmgren had to say was "Tokarski or bust", and he got us Randy Jones II. Oh, and I must have overlooked a fucking 4th round pick in the worst draft in recent memory. How could I have done that?

I've got my pitchforks ready for when this all comes crashing down and the team can't score this year. But that's what Shelley is for, isn't it?

nasty29.gif
, Holmgren,
nasty29.gif

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody up for the Flyers' version of the Rodney King riots?

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and how many goals would tokarski scored?

our offense compared to last year? better
our defense? better
our goaltending? the same

looks like homer did a good job to me.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lines. I want one you you Line Minions to make up next years line!

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
carter-richards-zherdev
hartnell-briere-leino
jvr-giroux-carcillo
shelley-betts-laperierre

or

jvr-carter-giroux
carcillo-richards-zherdev
hartnell-briere-leino
shelley-betts-laperierre

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at those lines I can only think Simon who? They look pretty good.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first line set you have seems a lot more practical where as the second set could be used maybe in an unimportant game (Maybe after we have clinched a spot in the playoffs, given we do)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and tokarski is not even as good as bobrovsky or eriksson. yea lets get a 3rd string goalie.

You keep telling yourself that if it helps you cope. Tokarski will be the secod best goalie prospect in the league by next year, only behind Markstrom. You don't post a .944 during a playoff run in the WHL just to be labeled a 3rd string goalie at age 20.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How on earth did this trade come about? Seriously, the only way I see this happening is this scenario:

Yzerman: So look, we wouldn't mind taking this Simon Gagne guy off your hands. What do you say to Gagne for Matt Walker?

Homer: Matt who?

Yzerman: Matt Walker. 30 year old, four years in the NHL, missed at least 16 games a year, so a little bit of an injury risk, but hey, them's negotiations.

Homer: Are you serious?

Yzerman: Yep.

Homer: Okay, the only way we would do Gagne for this Matt Walken guy is if you guys throw in your first four draft picks next year. Deal?

Yzerman: Sorry, what was that? Little static on our end. Did you say Gagne for Walker and a fourth? Done.

Homer: That's not what I said at -

Bettman: IT IS DONE.

Homer+Yzerman: What the fuck?!

Bettman: I DECLARE A VERBAL CONTRACT. YOUR TRADE IS FINALIZED.

Yzerman: Sweet.

Homer: Bettman, STOP TAPPING THE DAMN PHONE LINES. Oh, fuck, how'm I gonna explain this to the media?

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep telling yourself that if it helps you cope. Tokarski will be the secod best goalie prospect in the league by next year, only behind Markstrom. You don't post a .944 during a playoff run in the WHL just to be labeled a 3rd string goalie at age 20.

There are no guarantees in professional sports. I'm not saying I like the return that we got, but I want to see what else Homer has up his sleeve before I evaluate one trade (possibly) out of context.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
same. i think this means another move. i just see no sense in trading for tokarski when he is far from the nhl and we have 2 promising players in the minors that should be ready. and if this means our team can trade a guy like coburn to get a goalie in case leighton is not good then i am all for it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how many goals would tokarski scored?

our offense compared to last year? better
our defense? better
our goaltending? the same

looks like homer did a good job to me.

i dno about that.. i'm not irrationally upset over the gagne return like some ppl are (just wish it wasn't another d-man, i would've preferred just a pick).. but i dont think you can say the zherdev+shelley = gagne.. i could see zherdev putting up gagne numbers offensively, but he'll be nothing defensively in comparison.. giroux and jvr should improve, and hopefully leino can continue to impress.. but at this junction i think the offense is WAY too much 'potentially good' to be labeled as better than last season.. i think thats gotta be a TBA

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dno about that.. i'm not irrationally upset over the gagne return like some ppl are (just wish it wasn't another d-man, i would've preferred just a pick).. but i dont think you can say the zherdev+shelley = gagne.. i could see zherdev putting up gagne numbers offensively, but he'll be nothing defensively in comparison.. giroux and jvr should improve, and hopefully leino can continue to impress.. but at this junction i think the offense is WAY too much 'potentially good' to be labeled as better than last season.. i think thats gotta be a TBA

I wouldn't necessarily say we are better, but I look at it this way -- we traded a 30 year old, injury-prone, forward (making $5.25M). This made way for a 25 year old, extremely talented, forward (making $2M).