• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G9 4-2-2 Kings vs Stormin Mormons 10/26/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day, afternoon start at 1pm on FanDuel and Utah's first visit to LA although obviously they're very familiar with Staples Center.

I'll miss this one too, Pucky Jr II has a Pop Warner game in Rancho Santa Margarita from 1-5pm. Little annoyed because this game (last of the season) was originally tagged 9-1pm in Brea which is super close to me but the league for some reason changed it Thursday to basically the second furthest stadium at Tesoro High School and changed game time too. Bastardos!

No lineup up changes expected since there was no skate although Kuemper was activated off IR on Thursday and is available to play. He hasn't played since the 14th and Rittich would be making his fifth straight start so I hope they put Kuemper in. Both McLellan and Jill have a tendency to ride goalies into the ground, and while I think Rittich has played decent I think getting Kuemper in would be the right decision.

I was really hoping to see Durzi and his defensive prowess but he's still out 4-5 months from shoulder surgery. Macelli seems to have field days against LA the last few years so keep an eye on him, need to shut him down. Interestingly UHC is 4-3-1 so this is an important divisional game for both teams.

The Kings have the second most penalties in the league and their PK sucks (around 72% PK, ouch) so stay out of the box. They aren't even fighting penalties or anything, mostly undisciplined stick infractions, trips, etc. That comes from being out of position or being beat on a play, can't have that happen - here's looking at you Fiala.

Another concern is the 1pm start time, the Kings tend to stink it up during afternoon games. Hope I'm wrong.

We are slightly over 10% through with the season, Buster needs to get going. Why are we saying this every game? The others too like Moore, Dunno. I'll add Kopitar and Kempe to that list as well, seems they've been quiet in recent games. This team is not talented enough to have important pieces not producing. Would be nice to get some offense from the back end too.

Prediction: Kings 3-1, Laferriere, Dunno and Turcotte with the goals.

Let's Go Kings (and Doyers)!

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the highlights in NHLN, not often you see Edmundson going to the net but nice to see.

I did say in the G8 GDT I wanted to see some offense from the D, all 3 goals today from the defense.

How did Buster look? Who stood out, who didnt?

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in Vegas, didnt watch....was gonna go to Knights game but was Sharts so hard pass on crappy game