• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: G8 3-2-2 Kings vs San Jose 10/24/24

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day and a home one finally, game time is 7pm on FanDuel Sports (WTF is this? I'll be at The Puddle with Ms Puck II watching Parker McCollum so no hockey for me until after the concert but I'll be checking my phone. The kid likes country like her dad, country she shall get. Dinner reservations at Sauced BBQ at 615pm if anyone is around).

Sharks are 0-5-2, Kings home opener, former Kings Toffoli and Grundstrom in the line up, what could go wrong? Does some rookie goalie need a shut out or his first NHL win, do the Kings get goalied?

=)~~

Some changes on defense, Englund out and Burroughs back in (against his former team also, Grundstrom was traded for him) and he will be paired with Gavrikov and Anderson will be paired with Spence. That leaves Edmundson and Clarke together. Rittich supposed to start but Kuemper left second after this morning's skate but unless he is activated off IR prior to game time Copley will back up.

Of course I was joking with my snarky remarks above but this game has trap written all over it. A mixed bag of a road trip, a blowout against Vegas last game, defensive issues all over, two former Kings coming home, a winless team, home opener and all the SportsHoopla, I sure hope this game doesn't get away from them.

People point to the 3 wins, I point to they were against bottom feeders - they did not beat a single PO potential/contending team. So on paper it should be an easy 2 points right? That's why they play the games.

Didn't see anything on Thomas but Jill needs to get this guy into a game. Lewis is nostalgic and all but isn't really doing much on that fourth line, Thomas should go in. Whether that happens or not remains to be seen but I won't hold my breath.

Prediction: Kings 3-2 in OT. They'll make this harder than it should be because...Kings hockey. Fiala and Jeannot in regulation, Kempe in OT. Rittich makes the saves he needs to but one GA is fluky.

Let's Go Kings!

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, im late to this one....i think Kings will jump out to an early lead, maybe 3-0...Nogoal shows up with 1 or 2...you can figure out the rest

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at the game. Good friend has season seats up in the Dave Taylor Diehard section, in fact said friend was guy that played "Plinko" challenge at first TV timeout in 2nd Period, and won a $500 Yamava package...

As for the game, Kings started great, but then went to sleep the rest of the game. Team is beyond soft, and while Lee had a scrap, no punches were really thrown, more just wrestling before both players fell to ice. But the "Pretty-Boy" style of play isn't going to cut it anymore. There needs to be more collective growing of Balls and start playing below the dots!! The perimeter playing is just flat out nauseating, and as a result this team is not going anywhere...