• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

future sites to host NCG announced

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You totally forgot 'hookers.' Fail.

Beat me to it. Florida has no shortage of strippers and hookers, so they'll all bum rush Tampa that week to service the visitors. Crisis adverted.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a northerner, and I've been praising/advocating indoor & fair weather football games in this thread...but don't get me wrong, I'm not a traitor, as I love the cold weather, and I will always treasure the memories of my younger years enjoying Winter sports such as tobogganing, sledding, ice skating, Nordic skiing, alpine skiing, snowmobiling, and hockey...IMO nothing compares to Winter sports! And I will never move from Michigan....I love it here!

However, moving your body & being active keeps a person warm while engaging in those very fun Winter sports. But sitting on your ass in a cold & windy stadium for four hours is not fun!

Also, witnessing highly skilled football players struggling to perform because of terrible field conditions is not a satisfying way to watch football. Sure, it's a fun novelty to see a sloppy field game for a few possessions, but it gets old real quick.

I'm a big Detroit Lions fan, and I was pissed-off about losing to the Eagles last week in that blizzard at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. Again, it was a fun novelty to watch the first quarter, but then the novelty wore off, and it soon became clear that this was not going to be a very good game. The Lions, being a predominantly finesse air attack style team, were pretty much gimped during that game, and it sucked to watch them lose in that fashion!

So......hooray for good weather football games and indoor northern football games!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.......continued.......

I'm also fine with regular season outdoor college football games, as the regular season ends in November, prior to most of the real nasty weather. The northern college teams really only play in perhaps one or two significantly cold games, so I have no problem with outdoor college games during the regular season.

But for post season college games....these contests should be held in either warm weather cities or indoor northern venues.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the cold weather, and I will always treasure the memories of my younger years enjoying Winter sports such as tobogganing, sledding, ice skating, Nordic skiing, alpine skiing, snowmobiling, and hockey..!

Excuse me, good sir, what are those things? :noidea:

<----- grew up with palm trees.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big ten doesn't even play their conference title game outdoors, so lets stop the bullsh##

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm a northerner, and I've been praising/advocating indoor & fair weather football games in this thread...but don't get me wrong, I'm not a traitor, as I love the cold weather, and I will always treasure the memories of my younger years enjoying Winter sports such as tobogganing, sledding, ice skating, Nordic skiing, alpine skiing, snowmobiling, and hockey...IMO nothing compares to Winter sports! And I will never move from Michigan....I love it here!

However, moving your body & being active keeps a person warm while engaging in those very fun Winter sports. But sitting on your ass in a cold & windy stadium for four hours is not fun!

Also, witnessing highly skilled football players struggling to perform because of terrible field conditions is not a satisfying way to watch football. Sure, it's a fun novelty to see a sloppy field game for a few possessions, but it gets old real quick.

I'm a big Detroit Lions fan, and I was pissed-off about losing to the Eagles last week in that blizzard at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia. Again, it was a fun novelty to watch the first quarter, but then the novelty wore off, and it soon became clear that this was not going to be a very good game. The Lions, being a predominantly finesse air attack style team, were pretty much gimped during that game, and it sucked to watch them lose in that fashion!

So......hooray for good weather football games and indoor northern football games!

:agree:

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If like the title game at the new stadium in Minneapolis (once complete), Indy, or Detroit. I'm sick of shelling out thousands of dollars and crossing the country to see a damn bowl game. It has nothing to do with weather and making southern teams play outside.. Just give us the short drive to the bowl game for a change.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If like the title game at the new stadium in Minneapolis (once complete), Indy, or Detroit. I'm sick of shelling out thousands of dollars and crossing the country to see a damn bowl game. It has nothing to do with weather and making southern teams play outside.. Just give us the short drive to the bowl game for a change.

:agree: