• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future not bright for Eagles WR Riley Cooper

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper You can't say Cooper is a racist just because he said a bad word in an adolescent, school-yard manner at a concert. People say all kinds of stupid things when they get pissed off.

:agree:

Sometimes if you are looking to get under someone's skin... you say the most hateful thing to them to instigate things... even listening to ESPN radio today all day... at least 3 of the host admitted to using the word.

Does that make everyone racist? No, but if you get pissed and want to instigate things with a black person, that is the quickest way.. but you may get yourself killed.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously what riley said was extremely dumb and offensive but the 1st 25 minutes of sportscenter covering it? my god.... terrance jones beating up a homeless person and getting arrested didnt even make the show last night. 1 word is worse than physically beating someone up i guess.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper You can't say Cooper is a racist just because he said a bad word in an adolescent, school-yard manner at a concert. People say all kinds of stupid things when they get pissed off.

I'm not going to call the man a rascist because he used the word - angry or not.
I am going to call him a rascist because he said what he said to a working black man doing his job.

If you rob a bank just once, the police will have no arguments if you are called a bank robber.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously what riley said was extremely dumb and offensive but the 1st 25 minutes of sportscenter covering it? my god.... terrance jones beating up a homeless person and getting arrested didnt even make the show last night. 1 word is worse than physically beating someone up i guess.

That is the nature of ESPN at this time & it is pretty pathetic. Most of those stupid shows on ESPN (including Sportscenter) take 1 or 2 topics & beat them to death. ESPN lives to talk about things like this since they know it is polarizing & will get people's attention. For the time being add Riley Cooper's name to the names of Hernandez, RG3, Tiger Woods, LaBron & A-Rod as topics they will discuss so much that it will make you sick.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over or under 100

Times Riley Cooper has heard the word ****er playing on the field or in the locker room.

Hmm. My guess is over. Carey Williams has even said that other players have used this word in the locker room often. My guess it's probably coming from Desean Jackson. That's just my gut.

J-Rod

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet it's real awkward in that locker room. He better run to the sidelines when he makes a catch this year.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
riley fucked up he deserves all the scorn he gets. but for these black pundits like michael wilbon demanding his head on a platter when they damn well know they have done similar things is ridiculous and hypocritical.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good snippet from Jason Whitlock's article on the subject.

Racial slurs fly on football fields somewhat regularly. It’s a violent game that brings out the worst in people. My junior season at Ball State, I played against a white Northern Illinois defensive tackle who N-bombed me most of the afternoon. I kept shouting at his mostly black defensive teammates about why they would tolerate such a flaming idiot. The next year, the same guy was the most courteous opponent I played against all season.

Let’s help Cooper evolve and mature. We might be surprised by the results.

Whitlock: Riley Cooper gaffe offers perfect time to evolve, learn - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times a day is this word thrown around the locker room?

How many times has riley been called it? Im sure a bunch

ppl need to get a grip

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like Cooper is going to take an undisclosed amount of time "away from team activities" to get counseling and reflect. That's the PR line at least...probably becoming too much of a distraction at camp.

Marcus Vick is like Larry Fitzgerald's brother...they ride the coattails of their superior and still-legitimately favorite brothers and crawl out from under their rock every few weeks on social media to remind us all they are still morons.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm not going to call the man a rascist because he used the word - angry or not.
I am going to call him a rascist because he said what he said to a working black man doing his job.

If you rob a bank just once, the police will have no arguments if you are called a bank robber.

Have you ever told a lie before? Does that make you a liar? Would it be ok with you if someone told people not to believe a word you say because you're a liar?

You have a valid point, and I think the term "bank robber" is a lot more accurate and specific than a more broad term like "racist." But what you're describing is a pretty high standard to which I don't think anyone can live up if we're all defined by our lowest moments.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever told a lie before? Does that make you a liar? Would it be ok with you if someone told people not to believe a word you say because you're a liar?

You have a valid point, and I think the term "bank robber" is a lot more accurate and specific than a more broad term like "racist." But what you're describing is a pretty high standard to which I don't think anyone can live up if we're all defined by our lowest moments.

Yes, it is a very high standard. I hold myself to this standard. In my twenties I got caught in a lie and was shamed. I resolved to never lie again. It has been work but worthwhile. I was a liar, now I am not.

When I was a child, I had no prejudice. I had no knowledge it even existed. In 4th grade I went to a school with only 7 white kids. I learned nothing about prejudice there. In my teens I learned prejudice. It stuck with me until I joined the military. I made close friends there. Black friends and others. I became disgusted with myself. How the same mouth that loved my friends could say the crap that came from even "mild" rascism, I could not rationalize. I resolved to not be a rascist. I have met black men that are assholes. When I get mad at them I call them assholes.
Cooper said what he said to a working man, doing his job. What he said disrespected his teammates but can you not see that it disrespected his own mouth?

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper was an Idiot and maybe still is but what he said while offensive is said in rap lyrics every day that are blasted from the boom boom cars of kids who love Rap all over America

Until the N word is deemed offensive to everybody including the black community with no tolerance at all for the word in any context we will continue to see this happen with double standards applied .

The word is offensive and should not be used period by anyone regardless of color IMHO

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Yes, it is a very high standard. I hold myself to this standard. In my twenties I got caught in a lie and was shamed. I resolved to never lie again. It has been work but worthwhile. I was a liar, now I am not.

When I was a child, I had no prejudice. I had no knowledge it even existed. In 4th grade I went to a school with only 7 white kids. I learned nothing about prejudice there. In my teens I learned prejudice. It stuck with me until I joined the military. I made close friends there. Black friends and others. I became disgusted with myself. How the same mouth that loved my friends could say the crap that came from even "mild" rascism, I could not rationalize. I resolved to not be a rascist. I have met black men that are assholes. When I get mad at them I call them assholes.
Cooper said what he said to a working man, doing his job. What he said disrespected his teammates but can you not see that it disrespected his own mouth?

I commend you for all of this, and I hope you're not setting the bar impossibly high or overlooking your own faults. And yes, Cooper disrespected his own mouth. But I don't think he is a racist because he said a bad word when he was pissed off. I don't know the guy, so I can't say for sure. But that one incident isn't enough for me to brand him when he fully admits how disgusting he was and says he's ashamed of himself. Once someone has fully admitted his faults, I don't believe in kicking him when he's down.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This story is hilarious. And anyone that is upset that blacks are offended by the word, and should not be because they use it amongst themselves are fucking clueless.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This story is hilarious. And anyone that is upset that blacks are offended by the word, and should not be because they use it amongst themselves are fucking clueless.

Clueless? Couldn't you understand how some people are just purists and don't like the duplicity of cherry-picking what double standards they're going to accept and which ones they won't?

I'm not saying I'm like that, but I understand when people are. Personally, I think it's extremely small and petty of people to get righteously indignant about a bad word but couldn't care less about the ones who endanger people's lives by driving drunk or beat / cheat on their wives, support / expand the illegal drug trade, etc.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spoken like a true white man all down with the cause.

Obviously, you very proud of yourself.

If I were you, I would be too I suppose.

Being such a hypocrite and all....

joker-clap-hq.gif

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a true white man all down with the cause.

Obviously, you very proud of yourself.

If I were you, I would be too I suppose.

Being such a hypocrite and all.

Yeah, Its all about me against you, huh?

I bet when your brother falls you a fag, pussy or bitch, you take it a little lighter than when I do. We're all like that pal. Just not all of us get butthurt when others do it

Last edited by a moderator:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clueless? Couldn't you understand how some people are just purists and don't like the duplicity of cherry-picking what double standards they're going to accept and which ones they won't?

I'm not saying I'm like that, but I understand when people are. Personally, I think it's extremely small and petty of people to get righteously indignant about a bad word but couldn't care less about the ones who endanger people's lives by driving drunk or beat / cheat on their wives, support / expand the illegal drug trade, etc.

There is context involved in everything. Was Riley using as a term or endearment or was he attempting to be offensive? And I dont know where the beating/cheating/drug talk started but I agree those things are offensive.

Last edited by a moderator: