• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future not bright for Eagles WR Riley Cooper

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There is context involved in everything. Was Riley using as a term or endearment or was he attempting to be offensive? And I dont know where the beating/cheating/drug talk started but I agree those things are offensive.

Well of course it was offensive & meant to be offensive at the time. I don't think anyone would say otherwise.

I just mentioned those other things to show how little perspective people in the media & the NFL have. Driving dunk is 10,000 times worse than saying the N word, but Cooper is going to get 10,000 time more notoriety than players who have driven drunk / assaulted people, etc.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course it was offensive & meant to be offensive at the time. I don't think anyone would say otherwise.

I just mentioned those other things to show how little perspective people in the media & the NFL have. Driving dunk is 10,000 times worse than saying the N word, but Cooper is going to get 10,000 time more notoriety than players who have driven drunk / assaulted people, etc.

OK, makes sense. I think that's just because this story is different and really quite funny. The media is only a reflection of society. And society gets bored with the same old stories.

I dont think that anyone would say that he's a worse guy than a woman beater, I know I'm not saying that. I just think he's a dude that dug his own grave because he was feeling drunk, petulant, entitled and purposely offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

PATSOX08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a lucky young man!
Judging by the look in his eyes, and the conviction he felt while making that statement, he should thank GOD that fence was there. Because after making a statement like that, if goes through with it. He's looking at some serious, serious charges.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering if former teammates at UF will support him.

Remember when the Pounceys supported Aaron Hernandez?

Or am I confused about what they find unforgivable?

pouncey-brothers-free-aaron-hernandez-hats.jpg

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am wondering if former teammates at UF will support him.

Remember when the Pounceys supported Aaron Hernandez?

Or am I confused about what they find unforgivable?

pouncey-brothers-free-aaron-hernandez-hats.jpg

Even as a Gator, it is hard to have ANY respect left for these two idiots anymore...

I can get the Riley Cooper thing... but the Idiot twins I just don't get... their PR agent has to be crying... as hard as it would be to get these two any endorsement income.. they just squashed what little chance they have left.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Its all about me against you, huh?

I bet when your brother falls you a fag, pussy or bitch, you take it a little lighter than when I do. We're all like that pal. Just not all of us get butthurt when others do it

You against me? WTF?

Hey bro.

Do you own a hoodie? Can you pose in one to show how down you are with the peeps?

How does it feel to be on the politically correct side of EVERY ISSUE?

You are obviously so proud of yourself that you are so......accepted by all of your peers.

How brave.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a Gator, it is hard to have ANY respect left for these two idiots anymore...

I can get the Riley Cooper thing... but the Idiot twins I just don't get... their PR agent has to be crying... as hard as it would be to get these two any endorsement income.. they just squashed what little chance they have left.

Do not worry man.

They love each other.

pouncey-kiss.jpg

:omg:

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You against me? WTF?

Hey bro.

Do you own a hoodie? Can you pose in one to show how down you are with the peeps?

How does it feel to be on the politically correct side of EVERY ISSUE?

You are obviously so proud of yourself that you are so......accepted by all of your peers.

How brave.

Every issue? WTF are you talking about?

Why are you so hurt that a word can be offensive in some contexts and not in others? There's many words like this, do you bitch and moan about all of them? You must think that Riley was using the word like they were his boys, huh? He wasn't trying to say it in an offensive way, just repeating what he heard in a rap song.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing is humorous to me. A drunk white NFL player uses the "n word" and people are calling for his head, want him suspended or even cut from the team. Yet, someone like Terrance Jones, stomps on a homeless man and it is barely a blip on the media's radar.

Where was the outrage over Leonard Davis or Donte Stallworth killing another person after a night of partying with their cars? How were these guys allowed to play in the NFL again after such an incident? What is next? Is Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson going to show up at Eagles camp to talk about all of this?

The double standard in today's society is laughable. I think George Zimmerman should have been found guilty and sentenced to time in prison, but the media circus and all the public demonstrations really made me laugh. Why don't these same people rally when an african american kills a white man? Why is it Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are never around during those instances? I could post countless murder cases where someone of another race was killed by an african american for absolutely no reason. Yet there is no media circus or public rallies for it to stop. There is no high school basketball team wearing T-Shirts with the name of the deceased.

In the end -- Riley Cooper is guilty of poor judgement. He got wasted and said something stupid. It is the same thing millions of others have done. It is now being blown completely out of proportion. If the "n word" was so offensive, african americans would NEVER use it. Yet, anyone who has hung out with african americans can tell you -- they use it all the time and use it when speaking to each other.

I, personally, think the 'n word' is really offensive and couldn't tell you the last time I have even said the word. The media is making this out to be much bigger than it actually is though. I could see if Cooper didn't man up and apologize to his teammates or whatever, but he has shown great remorse and is doing all the right things to try and make it better.