• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Further testing reveals torn ACL for Jake Ballard

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also remember, or for those that didn't know to begin with, that Travis Beckum also sustained a torn ACL in the SB.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's rough. Both those guys may miss a decent chunk of next season. Big opportunity for Bear Pascoe....

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if his attempt to cut/stop while on the sidelines further damaged it or just made the damage apparent.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess it's official now that they go with Allen or Fleener in the 1st. That makes them a really scary team, for real!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well I guess it's official now that they go with Allen or Fleener in the 1st. That makes them a really scary team, for real!

Although I don't consider TE a priority position - I would love to have Fleener in the red/gold next season.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Although I don't consider TE a priority position - I would love to have Fleener in the red/gold next season.

+1.

He may be the BPA on the table in terms of a receiving threat/redzone threat.
We can definitely utilize him. The possibilities in a 3 TE set with Vernon, Walker and Fleener are intriguing. Out of that 3 TE set you could run, do play action, and also pass out of that set because all 3 of those TEs have WR speed.

Fleener could also become our best redzone jump ball threat. We don't really have a jump ball guy for the red zone.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
+1.

He may be the BPA on the table in terms of a receiving threat/redzone threat.
We can definitely utilize him. The possibilities in a 3 TE set with Vernon, Walker and Fleener are intriguing. Out of that 3 TE set you could run, do play action, and also pass out of that set because all 3 of those TEs have WR speed.

Fleener could also become our best redzone jump ball threat. We don't really have a jump ball guy for the red zone.

Agreed, Maniax...

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming that the Niners fail to sign a WR, if Fleener is available at #30, do you pick him over a WR?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Assuming that the Niners fail to sign a WR, if Fleener is available at #30, do you pick him over a WR?

Only if there's a major run on WR's and CB's ahead of our pick and we get "stuck."

Wouldn't totally hate the pick. If we're going w/ offense, I'd actually prefer a receiving RB who can spell Gore over another second TE who we can pair up with Hunter. There should be some good options there.

But if that's the pick - I can live with it because he'll get a lot of use in this offense. Obviously he'd have to be rated higher than any WR's left on the board. And if it played out like that, we'll be targeting a WR in the second round, and likely trading up to make it happen.

Ideally I'd like CB and WR to be addressed in the first two rounds.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if there's a major run on WR's and CB's ahead of our pick and we get "stuck."

Wouldn't totally hate the pick. If we're going w/ offense, I'd actually prefer a receiving RB who can spell Gore over another second TE who we can pair up with Hunter. There should be some good options there.

But if that's the pick - I can live with it because he'll get a lot of use in this offense. Obviously he'd have to be rated higher than any WR's left on the board. And if it played out like that, we'll be targeting a WR in the second round, and likely trading up to make it happen.

Ideally I'd like CB and WR to be addressed in the first two rounds.

Only if Rodgers isn't re signed, right? Otherwise I wouldn't see the need to draft a cb this entire draft!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dwayne allen > fleener.

or maybe allen in the 1st, fleener in the 2nd. then we dont have to worry about our horrible wr's.