• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fueling the Toxicity of College Football: Fandom is a Science

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tOSU fans that say they boycott ESPN are lying though. If you love college football it is just impossible now if you are a casual fan that is just passionate about one team you can pull it off. But if you are up to 1:00 in the morning every Saturday night watching highlights of the games and bitching because they didn't show enough of this game or that one you can't.

I honestly watch very little pro and if I do it is usually in the "Red Zone" format I'm just not that interested but I'll watch CFB until the last game finishes.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the gist of what this guy is saying is true but it isnt just true in football or in sports but in everything with the expansion of the national media and internet. It seems unavoidable.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't quite the point of the article lol.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox News and MSNBC have done this same thing with politics.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup which is why I avoid both.

Me too. Which is also why I stick with actual game coverage on ESPN and dont bother listening to all the other bullshit that gets stirred around. --- Hell! But we can go even further. Take reality tv shows, most of them are based around one arbitrary group or individual competing or conflicting with another arbitrary group or individual. Confrontation and controversy equal modern entertainment....And I dont think it is making us brighter.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Which is also why I stick with actual game coverage on ESPN and dont bother listening to all the other bullshit that gets stirred around. --- Hell! But we can go even further. Take reality tv shows, most of them are based around one arbitrary group or individual competing or conflicting with another arbitrary group or individual. Confrontation and controversy equal modern entertainment....And I dont think it is making us brighter.

Duck Dynasty has improved my life so I totally disagree. Uncle Si is this generations Solomon.