• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck yeah!!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the OH:

Boyd Epley, a founding member of the Huskers' strength and conditioning program who retired from NU in 2006, has returned to Nebraska as the assistant athletic director for strength and conditioning.
The university announced the move Tuesday.
Epley will return to NU to oversee the strength and conditioning programs of all Husker athletic programs except football and will serve as the primary strength and conditioning coach for baseball.
Initially hired by former Athletic Director Bob Devaney to start a strength and conditioning program at Nebraska in 1969, Epley served 35 years as NU’s head strength coach before moving into an associate athletic director position, where he served the university for another two years.
Most recently Epley served as director of coaching performance for the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) in Colorado Springs, the organization he founded in 1978. There he secured sponsorships for the NSCA and helped Division I strength coaches gain certification to meet an NCAA requirement that goes into effect in 2015.
"Shawn Eichorst is committed to give Nebraska student-athletes an educational opportunity they can't get anywhere else and he wants them to compete for championships. I want to be a part of that vision," Boyd Epley said in a university press release. "While my main priority will be working with Coach Darin Erstad and the baseball team, I also look forward to working with the other sport programs. My wife and I miss Nebraska and look forward to reuniting with the Husker Nation."
For his outstanding contribution in strength and conditioning, Epley was recently named a 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award winner by the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition. He was honored at the association’s annual meeting Sept. 16 in Washington, D.C.
Epley will assume his new position at Nebraska on Oct. 6.

Husker strength and conditioning icon returns to NU staff - Omaha.com: Big Red Today - Husker Football News, Schedules And Videos

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit! This week...not sure how much more awesome it can get. The "except football" part bothers me though. We have a dude on the strength staff that has impeccable credentials, worked with professional teams, and he didn't feel the need to say "not basketball".

I think someone has some thin skin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's overseeing every sport except football?! WTF is up with that?!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's overseeing every sport except football?! WTF is up with that?!

I think we are supposed to READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Dobson is still getting his $235,000 but I bet Coach Epley will be around to give "suggestions" and "pointers."

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the OH:

Boyd Epley, a founding member of the Huskers' strength and conditioning program who retired from NU in 2006, has returned to Nebraska as the assistant athletic director for strength and conditioning.
Epley will return to NU to oversee the strength and conditioning programs of all Husker athletic programs except football and will serve as the primary strength and conditioning coach for baseball.
Initially hired by former Athletic Director Bob Devaney to start a strength and conditioning program at Nebraska in 1969, Epley served 35 years as NU’s head strength coach before moving into an associate athletic director position, where he served the university for another two years.
Most recently Epley served as director of coaching performance for the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) in Colorado Springs, the organization he founded in 1978. There he secured sponsorships for the NSCA and helped Division I strength coaches gain certification to meet an NCAA requirement that goes into effect in 2015.
"Shawn Eichorst is committed to give Nebraska student-athletes an educational opportunity they can't get anywhere else and he wants them to compete for championships. I want to be a part of that vision," Boyd Epley said in a university press release. "While my main priority will be working with Coach Darin Erstad and the baseball team, I also look forward to working with the other sport programs. My wife and I miss Nebraska and look forward to reuniting with the Husker Nation."
For his outstanding contribution in strength and conditioning, Epley was recently named a 2014 Lifetime Achievement Award winner by the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition. He was honored at the association’s annual meeting Sept. 16 in Washington, D.C.

Husker strength and conditioning icon returns to NU staff - Omaha.com: Big Red Today - Husker Football News, Schedules And Videos
--------
Best news to come down the pike in a long time.

GBR

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the OH:

You beat me by about two minutes! I was about to post the same thing, but came here and noticed your thread.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dobson just peed a little.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what I was thinking when he was being recognized on Saturday? I thought, that dude still looks young enough to coach. Boom.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only gonna be the coordinator/coach for the baseball team. He's assistant athletic director for strength and conditioning for everything else other than football.

Odd mesh of titles there, but whatever.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't the same position offered to Dobson only football included? :whistle:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why wasn't the same position offered to Dobson only football included? :whistle:

Pretty sure football S&C has always been completely separate from all others.

Hence their making clear that it was not football related. I'm not going to read anything into it, but I could see how some might.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many s&c can a team have can we have a offensive and defensive s&c

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he's the football strength and conditioning coach. This position is more administrative from the sound of the article.

Pretty sure football S&C has always been completely separate from all others.

Hence their making clear that it was not football related. I'm not going to read anything into it, but I could see how some might.

I was hoping for something more dramatic, but this is nice too

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for something more dramatic, but this is nice too
-------
He's got his foot in the door and that's enough for now
yahoo.gif