• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office Still A Joke?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us right now as holding our cards close to our chest and waiting till tomorrow to show our hand. Some teams may have a bigger stack then us so they are able to pay more but we need to be wise with our money for once and fill our needs with cheaper young guys for the future.

Ritz... just for the sake of debate, who are these young guys for the future that are also capable starters now that will also come on the cheap??? I keep hearing people say, build through the draft, concentrate on young guys. But lets be real here, if this team finishes 6-10 all we accomplish is being set back another year. Because odds are it means we had no answer at QB, we finished just good enough that we now need to likely trade up to get a QB, and we are still trying to fill some key holes to boot.

This year needs to be about two things...

1. Fixing the O-line, really fixing it period.

2. Figuring out IF we have a QB worth building around, be that Griffin or Cousins.

Now #1 will go along way towards #2. And I realize the defense is in a shambles at the moment. BUt if we try and spread what little resources we have too thin, we run the risk of not truly addressing either side of the ball AND being in the we need a QB raffle next year. As much as I have little faith in either of them at the moment, we need to find out if ONE of them can at least hold the fort for the next 3 seasons past 2015. Because if we are drafting or trying to acquire a QB come 2016, things are still going horribly wrong.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to the playoffs this year. We have to many holes to fix. There are guys like Buliga and others we are young that can help. Now not all that we bring in will be starters. Free agency when you have 5 or more needs like our skins will take the draft to fix our team compared to others who are just a player or two away from the SB.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think we are going to get BULIGA i mean i hope we do but I have him signing back with the packers

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't going to the playoffs this year. We have to many holes to fix. There are guys like Buliga and others we are young that can help. Now not all that we bring in will be starters. Free agency when you have 5 or more needs like our skins will take the draft to fix our team compared to others who are just a player or two away from the SB.

So basically what you are saying is, we are to far away and shouldnt even concern ourselves with trying to make the playoffs. It should be all about the draft and since we arent making the playoffs it matters not what we actually put on the field this year as long as it was drafted??

Sorry dude, not buying the whole we have no shot so why bother talk in March for christ sake. And if our GM or coach even hints at this both should be fired on the spot. You dont ignore the present season in an attempt to "build for the future". Thats like saying well Im not going to pay the rent right now because Im trying to save up for my retirement fund in 20 years.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said we give up on this season. I am saying thirty something your old free agents is not the way I would build our team to win. We need young 22-27yr olds and build mostly through the draft. If we do make it to the playoffs this year AWESOME but I just don't see it happening. My glass will always be half empty so if I am proven wrong then it's a bonus. We need at least 2 O-Lineman, at least 1 more on the D-Line, MLB, OLB, 1 CB and 1-2 Safeties. Then we still need a tall WR, and just hope RG3 stays healthy. Now I believe in miracles but I don't see us accomplishing all of that in free agency and the draft. Once again I hope I am wrong and you are 100% correct.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for years posters on this board have griped incessantly about how snyder meddles and is concerened with making a huge splash

now we get a GM who wants to take a different approach build through the draft and be thrifty in FA and now we dont have the patience to let the plan work ?

the last thing the FO should worry about is how the fan base isnt going to wait until the team gets built right

if gruden coaches this team right and we go 6-10 i am fine with that . if he doesnt then he should be replaced

want kind of freaking talent do you think this team has ? not a lot of core guys maybe what 9-10? we have 2 qbs who are not pro ready so what can you do ?

signing younger fa's to be starters isnt a bad way to go but expecting a what 8-8 , 9-7 , 10 -6 season this year is simply unrealistic and foolish i mean all you have left is 7-9

amerson could improve as could will compton and murphy and thomas but i doubt they get us more then 6-10

i think we should just wait and see what the GM puts together

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for years posters on this board have griped incessantly about how snyder meddles and is concerened with making a huge splash

now we get a GM who wants to take a different approach build through the draft and be thrifty in FA and now we dont have the patience to let the plan work ?

the last thing the FO should worry about is how the fan base isnt going to wait until the team gets built right

if gruden coaches this team right and we go 6-10 i am fine with that . if he doesnt then he should be replaced

want kind of freaking talent do you think this team has ? not a lot of core guys maybe what 9-10? we have 2 qbs who are not pro ready so what can you do ?

signing younger fa's to be starters isnt a bad way to go but expecting a what 8-8 , 9-7 , 10 -6 season this year is simply unrealistic and foolish i mean all you have left is 7-9

amerson could improve as could will compton and murphy and thomas but i doubt they get us more then 6-10

Well said.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh sure Dad says it and they listen to him. I said the same thing but not as elegant. :pound:

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what he was saying. Point is the teams that make the big splashes rarely win, you're gonna have to trust me on this one, and the teams that rarely make those types of moves are always winning.

Where do you get I want major splashes signing Bulaga is not a huge splash its a smart move an area of major need

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh sure Dad says it and they listen to him. I said the same thing but not as elegant. :pound:
Sorry. Dad is retired Army......he scares me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Dad is retired Army......he scares me.

hey hey hey i am over with that post traumatic stress thing and it was only a short stay in the institution

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey hey hey i am over with that post traumatic stress thing and it was only a short stay in the institution

I'm over here with 20% disability and in process of upping it. Knee surgery 3 months ago and instead of physical therapy for my knees the good old VA sends me to therapy for my back. I received burns on my back while serving but the therapy was needed for the knees not back. How ever I did receive 8 free back massages so it wasn't a total waste of my time. Being a combat engineer looking for mines was fun but I enjoy being a high school teacher now for a alternative school (2nd chance kids).

PS. Dad scares everyone but soon we will put him in his retirement home but until then we just play his game. :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm over here with 20% disability and in process of upping it. Knee surgery 3 months ago and instead of physical therapy for my knees the good old VA sends me to therapy for my back. I received burns on my back while serving but the therapy was needed for the knees not back. How ever I did receive 8 free back massages so it wasn't a total waste of my time. Being a combat engineer looking for mines was fun but I enjoy being a high school teacher now for a alternative school (2nd chance kids).

PS. Dad scares everyone but soon we will put him in his retirement home but until then we just play his game. :suds:

i am 70% disabled , mostly from a sleep disorder but back , knees shoulder wrist are all shot

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am 70% disabled , mostly from a sleep disorder but back , knees shoulder wrist are all shot

Did you mean sleep disorder from your back pain or sleep disorder and back pain, etc?

Trying to figure out what I need to say to the VA. They have been screwing me over for years now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude its not about simply letting the plan work. Its simple math actually.

Stick with me, we currently need between 7-9 starters. We currently have 7 draft picks. So unless we expect Scot to shit gold, the reality is we are going to need a few starters from Free agency. No one said those guys need to be big names or over 30. But the reality is, to even field a competent team, we are going to need minimum 4 starters from free agency. If we go into the draft having signed the 2nd and likely 3rd tier FAs expecting them to start, then it is in effect saying screw it, the year is lost any way and we are "looking to the future".

Looking to the future is fine, but lets not pretend the OWNER is going to simply sit back and smile while they ignore the present... especially if you are saying throw in the towel on next season the night before the season has even officially begun. And that is in effect what you are advocating.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Almost every one. LOL

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude its not about simply letting the plan work. Its simple math actually.

Stick with me, we currently need between 7-9 starters. We currently have 7 draft picks. So unless we expect Scot to shit gold, the reality is we are going to need a few starters from Free agency. No one said those guys need to be big names or over 30. But the reality is, to even field a competent team, we are going to need minimum 4 starters from free agency. If we go into the draft having signed the 2nd and likely 3rd tier FAs expecting them to start, then it is in effect saying screw it, the year is lost any way and we are "looking to the future".

Looking to the future is fine, but lets not pretend the OWNER is going to simply sit back and smile while they ignore the present... especially if you are saying throw in the towel on next season the night before the season has even officially begun. And that is in effect what you are advocating.

no one is ignoring the present we are saying go young and give the younger guys a shot and some answers might be on the team already

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean sleep disorder from your back pain or sleep disorder and back pain, etc?

Trying to figure out what I need to say to the VA. They have been screwing me over for years now.

sleep disorder and back pain

get a doctor to diagnose your pain . have him put a label on it

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shark, there are still quite a few quality players left at positions we need. There are 4 or 5 starting caliber safeties, a couple of CBs, a couple of NTs, a few guards, even tackle Bulaga. FA hasn't even officially started. If we can sign a S, NT, and one G or T, as well as 2-3 quality rotational/special teams players we will have had a good FA signing period.