• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Friday the 13th -- return of Disco

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1*dSuN3r2zHnRRs5wjla1PfQ.jpeg

https:%2F%2Faroundthefoghorn.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1277477837-850x560.jpeg

46 games left.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disco was meh
McGee was bad
The rest of the bullpen was nails
Slater, KB, and Flowers carried us

The only concern for me is the SP — all of them have question marks

With Beede on the IL now will it be Long tomorrow night? I can’t see anyone else…

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was alright using the slider then decided nothing but fastballs.
This! For 12 games he was unscored on. Seemed to be throwing a mix of sliders and 4 seamers. Yesterday he was a little shakey out of the gate an immediately went to his 4 seamer exclusively. For McGee to be effective he has to mix pitches. If he does this in the playoffs ... it's not going to end well for us.

Also not sure what took Kapler so long to pull him. After the single following the HR I thought he should have been pulled. That was the 3rd hit. A closer doesnt have the luxury of 'finding' their rhythm.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This! For 12 games he was unscored on. Seemed to be throwing a mix of sliders and 4 seamers. Yesterday he was a little shakey out of the gate an immediately went to his 4 seamer exclusively. For McGee to be effective he has to mix pitches. If he does this in the playoffs ... it's not going to end well for us.

Also not sure what took Kapler so long to pull him. After the single following the HR I thought he should have been pulled. That was the 3rd hit. A closer doesnt have the luxury of 'finding' their rhythm.

Has to be frustrating for the catchers. He couldn’t elevate his fastball either when Buster was giving him the target up there. Maybe he thinks after the hitters see Rogers ridiculously slow stuff his stuff will blow them away. Bad thing is the guys he faces haven’t seen Rogers so it’s all for naught.

As far as not pulling him, the only thing I can think of was he had two outs before the next two batters singled. Maybe Kap was hoping he could get the final out without using another arm. Obviously that didn’t work out well.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was he shaking off Posey? If he wasn’t, than he was just throwing what Posey was putting down…

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he shaking off Posey? If he wasn’t, than he was just throwing what Posey was putting down…

I wouldn’t think Buster would call as many 4 seamers as McGee was throwing. Especially knowing the Rocks would be sitting on it.