• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friday fun day frivolity

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you before: Anthony Ranaudo, Will Middlebrooks, and Rubby DeLaRosa for Kemp and $22mm.

This reminds me of the last time I played fantasy ball with newbies.......

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my favorite Sox player when he was on the team

loved that guy!!

as clutch a player as they had during his time there

He is the forgotten man from Game 4 of the 2004 ALDS. All people seem to remember is Robert's SB, but they forget who drove him home.

Mueller also had the walk off granny against Mo earlier in the season in the Tek/Arod brawl game.

Solid player.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a fantasy vet, but you are actually more apt to see these trades in real baseball as teams try to clear salary.

Good point.

However,

Do you really think the Dodgers are in salary dump mode?

I didn't think so.......

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carpenter retired and Freese has been traded. This is me today:

I really like the trade, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB t.v will need a new talking head this year.

The Braves announced today that former Rangers and Indians GM John Hart has joined their front office in the role of Senior Advisor of Baseball Operations ([ame="[MEDIA=twitter]403976752256385025[/MEDIA]"]Twitter link[/ame]).
Hart has spent the previous eight seasons as a senior advisor to Rangers GM Jon Daniels and spent the previous four seasons serving as the club's GM. He also served as the Indians' GM from 1991-2001 -- a period of time in which they won six division titles and played in two World Series. He won Executive of the Year honors in 1994-95 with the Indians and has also served as a TV analyst for the MLB Network.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LIFE had to throw out 7 million unreleased copies of their magazine 50 years ago today, following the assassination of John F. Kennedy. On the cover of the issue that never made newsstands? Navy quarterback Roger Staubach.
The LIFE management put an immediate hold on the trucks that were to deliver the magazines to newstands across the country. When it was announced that President Kennedy had died, the company recalled all of the magazines and worked feverishly to add a new cover (with a close-up of JFK) and add assassination-related material.
Staubach would of course go on to serve in Vietnam, win two Superbowls, and be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

What a difference 50 years makes.....

***** demands? Really?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
****ography site ****hub released a study today that examines the relationship between traffic on its website and major sporting events (also holidays and major worldwide happenings).
The results? With a 22% softening of normal **** traffic figures, Super Bowl XLVI (Giants-Patriots) caused a greater decrease in **** viewing in the U.S. than the 2012 World Series (Giants-Tigers; down 7%), and the Heat’s 2012 Game 5 clincher over Oklahoma City (16% decline). The graphic is interactive, enabling all you amateur sociologists to further explore the relationship between sports, world events, and ****.

****hub also observed that traffic spikes as soon as events conclude.

I forgot about a few words being auto-censored here.

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the forgotten man from Game 4 of the 2004 ALDS. All people seem to remember is Robert's SB, but they forget who drove him home.

Mueller also had the walk off granny against Mo earlier in the season in the Tek/Arod brawl game.

Solid player.

didnt he also have two grand slams in a game in texas, one from each side of the plate

might have even been in consecutive innings

loved that guy

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty smart.

The San Francisco 49ers are moving into a brand new, $1.3 billion stadium next season. But if local and team officials get their way, the 49ers won’t be showing off Levi’s Stadium in primetime on a weeknight until at least 2015.

The San Jose Mercury News’ Mike Rosenberg reported that officials are worried about the logistical complications of a Monday or Thursday night game that would start around 5:30 p.m. local time, right in the middle of rush hour in Silicon Valley.
That means that all eight of the 49ers’ home games next season will be on Sundays. Though every team plays at least once on Thursday night, the 49ers will play that game on the road.
It’s not expected to be a permanent situation for the 49ers. According to the report, officials want one season to determine the “kinks of the traffic, parking and public safety plans at the new stadium.” As soon as the 2015, the 49ers will reportedly ask to host games on Monday and/or Thursday nights.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox aquire Burke Badenhop (who?) for Luis Ortega

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Badenhop, 30, posted a 3.47 ERA with 6.1 K/9 and 1.7 BB/9 in 63 relief appearances during his only season with the Brewers. The reliever was acquired from the Rays in December 2012 in exchange for outfielder Raul Mondesi Jr. Badenhop, who pitched to a 3.03 ERA with 6.1 K/9 and 1.7 BB/9 in 62 1/3 innings for the Rays in 2012, is eligible for arbitration and projected to earn $2.1MM by our own Matt Swartz. The veteran is eligible to hit the open market after this season.
Ortega, 20, was signed by the Red Sox as an international free agent on July 2, 2011. He did not appear on the team's Top 30 prospects heading into the season (per Baseball America), nor did he make MLB.com's Top 20 Red Sox prospects list following the season. However, Ortega turned in a solid year in the Gulf Coast League, pitching to a 2.45 ERA with 6.4 K/9 and 3.7 BB/9 in 36 innings of work. Since being signed, he owns a 2.25 ERA with 55 strikeouts and 31 walks in 96 innings between the GCL and the Dominican Summer League.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be funny if Geno Smith was so bad that Mark Sanchez actually got to play next year in New York?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be funny if Geno Smith was so bad that Mark Sanchez actually got to play next year in New York?

Hasn't that bridge already been burned?

Or, from another angle, when will the NFL learn that USC quarterbacks are just not cut out to be outstanding in the NFL?

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point.

However,

Do you really think the Dodgers are in salary dump mode?

I didn't think so.......

I don't either, but they may be planning on signing Cano, moving Hanley to 3rd, and Guerrero to SS, and they need the cash for that.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One of those under the radar deals that could pay dividends. He is not a K guy, but he produced a good ERA the last 2 seasons, and one of those was in the AL East with Tampa.