• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friday fun day frivolity

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it might be a dead day around here today ( really, me starting a thread again east coasters!?! ), lets start the day talking about a dead weiner.

NEW YORK -- Michael Weiner, the plain-speaking, ever-positive labor lawyer who took over as head of the powerful baseball players' union four years ago and smoothed its perennially contentious relationship with management, died Thursday, 15 months after announcing he had been diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. He was 51.

:bawling:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about to say something I never thought I'd ever say in my entire life:
I'm looking forward to watching an episode of Dr. Phil next week.
Why? Anna Benson is going to be on it and the preview video (which has since been pulled down off YouTube) was, in a word, amazing.
You remember Anna Benson, right? She's the estranged wife of former MLB pitcher Kris Benson. She's also the woman who pleaded guilty to attacking Kris Benson in July.
Some of the best things she said in the preview video:
"I'm the most famous wife in sports history since Marylin Monroe."
Quotes about the night of the attack on her husband:

"I had several knives, it was all just thrown around in my purse."
"I was actually laying on the bed thinking we were going to have sex."
OK, that's it. I'm all in on Dr. Phil next week. The episode will air on Wednesday. Which channel will it be on? I have absolutely no clue

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Young signed by Mets

Maybe not so into Ellsbury now? if they were

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this idea....

Since acquiring the club from Frank McCourt before the 2012 season, the Dodgers ownership group has been a smash hit with Angelinos. And if the latest rumor pans out, the love affair will only intensify.
The group that saw Magic Johnson take a seat in the owner's box and put players like Adrian Gonzalez, Zack Greinke and Yasiel Puig onto the field is reportedly turning its attention to the announcing booth as it prepares to launch its own network before next season.
And the man they apparently have their eyes on?
Orel Hershiser.
Citing two sources within the club, The Big Lead reported that the Dodgers are targeting Hershiser as the "announcer to be the face of the network in the coming years."

While no one would go on the record for the story, TBL reported that Hershiser's contract with ESPN "is almost up, and he is currently in negotiations with ESPN." Hershiser serves as an analyst for the network on its Sunday night games and in-studio shows.

The Dodgers, purchased from the loathed McCourt just before the start of the 2012 season by a group led by Guggenheim Partners CEO Mark Walter and including Lakers legend Johnson, plan to launch SportsNet LA before the 2014 season. MLB is reportedly close to approving the network.
Hershiser is one of the most beloved Dodgers since the days of Sandy Koufax and Don Drysdale. His 1988 season has become Dodger legend, winning the NL Cy Young and World Series MVP in what remains the franchise's last championship season.
Broadcasting legend Vin Scully, 86, will return to call games for the Dodgers next season, but perhaps the Dodgers are making plans for his eventual retirement.
And while most Dodgers fans dread the day Scully retires, gotta imagine replacing him with the Bulldog would be a PR win.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Made me look, as that would have been news to me. But, I think you meant Chris Young, correct?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its Chris not michael

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Mets have signed Chris Young to a one-year contract, pending a physical.
ESPN's Buster Olney says Young will receive $7.25 million. The 30-year-old outfielder is coming off two straight disappointing seasons, batting just .200/.280/.379 with 12 homers and 10 steals in 2013 with the A's. Young is a three-time 20/20 player, though, and is a nice gamble for the outfielder-deficient Mets on a one-year pact. He should start at one of the outfield spots:suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its Chris not michael

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Mets have signed Chris Young to a one-year contract, pending a physical.
ESPN's Buster Olney says Young will receive $7.25 million. The 30-year-old outfielder is coming off two straight disappointing seasons, batting just .200/.280/.379 with 12 homers and 10 steals in 2013 with the A's. Young is a three-time 20/20 player, though, and is a nice gamble for the outfielder-deficient Mets on a one-year pact. He should start at one of the outfield spots:suds:

The Mets don't have the luxury to sign Michael, as I view him now only as a super-sub, as they still need to find and fill out their starting 8 first.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mets don't have the luxury to sign Michael, as I view him now only as a super-sub, as they still need to find and fill out their starting 8 first.

Speaking of, I understand they still have interest in Nelson Cruz. And, I am sure they do. However, every story I read about them and free agents this year ends with how they think everyone is too rich for their blood.

Gotta give to get gentlemen......

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ellsbury's price is not going to be so high now

one of the effects of the prince trade maybe GMs will wise up and not sign these clowns for 7-10 years in their early 30s:suds:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one may be worth cut and pasting yourselves Sox fan, and send this to anyone that wants a Christmas list from you.

Key artifacts from last month's 109th World Series between the Red Sox and Cardinals are now up for bidding through Nov. 30 at MLB.com Auction, including the only Game 6 lineup card used in Boston's dugout during their first championship home clincher since 1918, as well as the actual third base removed after the Game 3 obstruction-call play.
Bidding starts at $500 on the lineup card that hung inside the home dugout at Fenway Park on Oct. 30 and was signed by manager John Farrell -- perfect for framing as a one-of-a-kind commemoration of the 6-1 Red Sox victory in the finale.
"This team has got its place in history, and I think as the year went along, the fans really recognized and appreciated the way we played the game," said Farrell. "They saw that there was a connection between each and every guy in our uniform, and I think they identified with that. I know our players thrive on the energy they create. To have it culminate in this, it's truly special."
Try to recreate the anticipation at Fenway Park -- and in the streets surrounding it -- as closer Koji Uehara struck out Matt Carpenter to clinch the title. You can bid on the ball that was used for the second-to-last pitch, an 81-mph splitter fouled off by Carpenter.
The "obstruction call" base from Game 3 at Busch Stadium is on the block. It is the actual third base that Red Sox third baseman Will Middlebrooks walled upon as Cards baserunner Allen Craig tried to climb over him on his way home with what umpires would rule as the winning run.
You can also bid on an empty bottle with a Red Sox World Champions label or a cork -- both featuring the MLB Authenticated holograms.
Mike Napoli hit a big three-run RBI double off Adam Wainwright in Boston's Game 1 victory at Fenway, and the ball Napoli hit is in the auction.
Cardinals fans excited about Michael Wacha can bid on a great piece of memorabilia -- a ball he threw in his World Series debut, when he won Game 2 to move his postseason record to 4-0 at the time. If you're a Red Sox fan, it also is worth bidding on, because this ball was hit by Dustin Pedroia for a double.
One lucky fan already acquired the actual third base that was used during the first four innings of the clincher. It went for $19,025 after 43 bids.
Now that the Holiday Shopping season is under way at MLB.com, Red Sox fans also can find all the necessary title gear at the MLB.com Shop. Also available is the whole 2013 Postseason collection for fans of the 10 teams that participated.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years, 100 million

Sox keep him

do it

Waitress: Hi, can I get you two a drink?
Starsky: You sure can sweetheart. Johnnie Red neat, ok, do it, Do It.
Waitress: Alright, and you?
Hutch: Do it, Bacardi and cola, do it, do it.
Waitress: Ok? I'll be right back.
Starsky: What are you doing?
Hutch: What?
Starsky: What was that? You just stole my voice.
Hutch: No, I didn't.
Starsky: Yes, you did. You got to come up with your own voice, ok, that's my thing.
Hutch: What am I supposed to do? I don't have a great cool little voice like you do.
Starsky: You come up with your own character. That's why you're the Texas oil tycoon guy...

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let's see what cano gets

Being only somewhat serious, what baseball could use now is a return to some good old fashioned collusion. Have the owners get together and agree not to give guys more than say 3-5 years on ANYONE. Toss Cano a 3 year $ 75 mil contract, and tell him to like it or lump it.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how bout we implement a new rule. anybody wearing a red sox uniform cannot have scott boras as an agent! :yahoo:
Someone just needs to make that man disappear.......

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone have good stress relievers that are work appropriate!

SEVERELY STRESSED OUT OF MY FREAKING MIND RIGHT NOW!!!! :gaah:

RedSoxWorrld

Brock wears female undies
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how bout we implement a new rule. anybody wearing a red sox uniform cannot have scott boras as an agent! :yahoo:

deal

but I'd like Ellsbury back......at the right price

5 and 100

do it