• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friday fun day frivolity

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either, but they may be planning on signing Cano, moving Hanley to 3rd, and Guerrero to SS, and they need the cash for that.

And I wanted them to be in Cano. However, they signed another Cuban kid, one they are eyeing to take over at 2B this upcoming year.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheaters NEVER prosper......... Except in baseball.

It is just coming out now that Jhonny Peralta is seeking something in the four-year $56MM to five-year, $75MM range. And, due to the shortage of quality SS & 3B guys out there, he will likely get it, or something very close.

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wanted them to be in Cano. However, they signed another Cuban kid, one they are eyeing to take over at 2B this upcoming year.

But I think Guerrero is a natural SS. He is the guy they just signed.

Too many moving parts to actually happen. what if the Dodgers traded Kemp and then Cano re-signed with the Yankees or someone else? They would be SOL. They would have to have Cano signed and then trade Kemp, and that would reduce their leverage in a deal.

It's fun to talk about.

Brocktagon

the handsome super genius
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT.........................

Yet another chance to be treated as guilty until proven innocent.....

Baseball fans should expect to go through a metal detector to see their favorite team play in 2014.
Major League Baseball security director John Skinner said on Friday that all 30 teams are expected to screen all fans entering their ballparks next season. Some aspects of the screening will be left to individual teams, but the commissioner's office is planning to recommend walk-through metal detectors, he said.

"It's the reality, unfortunately, of this world," Skinner said at the Ivy Sports Symposium at the Harvard Law School. "Ultimately, it will happen."
Skinner made the comments during on a panel called "Preparing for the Worst: Crisis Management." Among the other panelists was Tom Grilk, the executive director of the Boston Athletic Association, which organizes the Boston Marathon.
Three people were killed and more than 260 wounded in April when two bombs were set off at the finish line in April. Since then, most sporting events and facilities have increased security, with the NFL limiting fans attending regular-season games this year to a single, see-through bag for their belongings.
In Boston, the bombings led to an increase in security at sporting events that included checking all cars entering the garage under the TD Garden, the home of the Bruins and Celtics. Many of the more visible measures were eventually dropped and there were no further terror incidents; a large contingent of law enforcement was out on the night the Red Sox clinched the World Series, and police said they arrested nine people for unruly behavior during the celebration.
Skinner told The Associated Press after the panel that baseball will be making a presentation to its teams at the winter meetings in December in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Asked for more details, MLB spokesman Michael Teevan said the plans are still developing.
"We have been reviewing our security procedures for many months and we will issue a security bulletin in 2014 that will include practices and procedures that are responsive to the new security environment," Teevan said in an email. "Fan screening will be one of the subjects addressed. We are continuing to consult with our clubs, our experts and the Department of Homeland Security, and we expect to announce specific changes after some further off-season meetings."

all of those LA street gangs will know that everyone going into, coming out of, the ballgame are un-armed.

NO FUCKING DEAL!

rokketmn

The Maven
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheaters NEVER prosper......... Except in baseball.

It is just coming out now that Jhonny Peralta is seeking something in the four-year $56MM to five-year, $75MM range. And, due to the shortage of quality SS & 3B guys out there, he will likely get it, or something very close.

All it takes is one idiot GM, but I doubt he gets over 3 years. I also highly doubt he gets $15mm annually. More like 3/$30mm, but if I were a GM, he wouldn't get that from me.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to change my projection of McCann - that guy is going to the Yankees and nobody else is going to have a shot.. ..he's 30 and could be a constant..with Jeter and Arod getting a total of about 15 at bats this year..and he can mentor Sanchez when he is 34...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is one idiot GM, but I doubt he gets over 3 years. I also highly doubt he gets $15mm annually. More like 3/$30mm, but if I were a GM, he wouldn't get that from me.

there all were idiot GMs from 90 through 10...cheaters prospered all over the place and they kept quite as long as they got the next "breakout" HR star.

Peralta might be about the only 3b and SS out there left...Uribe?...his agent might have bumped up his price because of supply...it might work...

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badenhop, 30, posted a 3.47 ERA with 6.1 K/9 and 1.7 BB/9 in 63 relief appearances during his only season with the Brewers. The reliever was acquired from the Rays in December 2012 in exchange for outfielder Raul Mondesi Jr. Badenhop, who pitched to a 3.03 ERA with 6.1 K/9 and 1.7 BB/9 in 62 1/3 innings for the Rays in 2012, is eligible for arbitration and projected to earn $2.1MM by our own Matt Swartz. The veteran is eligible to hit the open market after this season.
Ortega, 20, was signed by the Red Sox as an international free agent on July 2, 2011. He did not appear on the team's Top 30 prospects heading into the season (per Baseball America), nor did he make MLB.com's Top 20 Red Sox prospects list following the season. However, Ortega turned in a solid year in the Gulf Coast League, pitching to a 2.45 ERA with 6.4 K/9 and 3.7 BB/9 in 36 innings of work. Since being signed, he owns a 2.25 ERA with 55 strikeouts and 31 walks in 96 innings between the GCL and the Dominican Summer League.

Something is False....Mondosi has been on the Royals since 16 yrs old.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there all were idiot GMs from 90 through 10...cheaters prospered all over the place and they kept quite as long as they got the next "breakout" HR star.

Peralta might be about the only 3b and SS out there left...Uribe?...his agent might have bumped up his price because of supply...it might work...

One mans idiot is another mans genius. The use of steroids HELPED baseball IMO. More, bigger, and better numbers, and people coming to the park in droves to see it. It's tfact that the info got out, and players started getting caught that made everything messy and wrong.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One mans idiot is another mans genius. The use of steroids HELPED baseball IMO. More, bigger, and better numbers, and people coming to the park in droves to see it. It's tfact that the info got out, and players started getting caught that made everything messy and wrong.

oh, I agree...they let it all play out.

when I clicked on the name in the article, it brought up the Royals one....my bad, didn't know there were 2.