• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fresno State has called a 12 Pacific time press conference today

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,205.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was to say they were going to join the Pac 12.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tedford has been all over the place as the sure candidate for this job

amazed Fresno State didn't even look at other options

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tedford won't be the interim coach as it turns out but he could be the head coach. Will be interesting to see if they hire him

Fresno State should be able to attract a good candidate as they have been traditionally one of the best programs in the group of 5, problem is who can they afford? Will they have to go with Tedford? Or an up and coming guy like Bob Stitt
Like him or hate him, you still got to respect Pat Hill. Bring Hill back!

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin actually played for Fresno State I think

So perhaps he's willing to give them a discount...otherwise Fresno State can't afford him
good point. I knew Kiffen went there. That might be a logical choice. I'm just not sure if a big time school is going to give him a chance unless he can prove he can win consistently as a head coach. Fresno St. might be that perfect chance for him to prove himself... Kiffen might be one of those coaches that is a good Indian, not a good chief. Lots of coaches fall in that category...

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good point. I knew Kiffen went there. That might be a logical choice. I'm just not sure if a big time school is going to give him a chance unless he can prove he can win consistently as a head coach. Fresno St. might be that perfect chance for him to prove himself... Kiffen might be one of those coaches that is a good Indian, not a good chief. Lots of coaches fall in that category...

Unless Fresno State waits until toward the end of the cycle catches Kiffin desperate I think he may be looking higher and for more money

Fresno State's financial situation isn't the best and it doesn't help that the guy they fired is still the highest paid MWC coach this year

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin actually played for Fresno State I think

So perhaps he's willing to give them a discount...otherwise Fresno State can't afford him
As a San Jose State Spartans fan, I would love to see Kiffin go to Fresno. He can do some serious damage to that program!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tedford has been all over the place as the sure candidate for this job

amazed Fresno State didn't even look at other options
Tedford is also a former Fresno player, who has coached there, and been a coach in the Pac with ties all up and down the west coast as well as some time in the NFL (and Canadian football for what its worth)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a San Jose State Spartans fan, I would love to see Kiffin go to Fresno. He can do some serious damage to that program!
how do you figure? He was no NFL coach but he had Tenn trending up before leaving on his own. USC never gave him a chance. He had them solid in his first 2 years and they started to go down a touch in the middle of sanctions and restrictions. they were 3-2 when they let him go team finished with 6 more wins for a decent 9-4 before winning a bowl that season. Kiffin could very well have done the same for all we know.
Im no fan of Kiffin but I think Fresno could do worse and if he does end up there (I doubt it) I think MW could be in some trouble. if he stays long enough anyway

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you figure? He was no NFL coach but he had Tenn trending up before leaving on his own. USC never gave him a chance. He had them solid in his first 2 years and they started to go down a touch in the middle of sanctions and restrictions. they were 3-2 when they let him go team finished with 6 more wins for a decent 9-4 before winning a bowl that season. Kiffin could very well have done the same for all we know.
Im no fan of Kiffin but I think Fresno could do worse and if he does end up there (I doubt it) I think MW could be in some trouble. if he stays long enough anyway
I don't see Kiffen as one of those coaches that can win with lesser talent like a Bill Snyder, Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson type. Seems to me he has to have superior talent to comptete and win.

That said, I guess he could recruit better talent than the rest of the MW and win. Just don't see him beating the "big boys" like some of the other G5s do/did when he's outmanned.

JMO

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Kiffen as one of those coaches that can win with lesser talent like a Bill Snyder, Chris Petersen, Gary Patterson type. Seems to me he has to have superior talent to comptete and win.

That said, I guess he could recruit better talent than the rest of the MW and win. Just don't see him beating the "big boys" like some of the other G5s do/did when he's outmanned.

JMO
don't know since we have no real point of reference to go from.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't know since we have no real point of reference to go from.
True, which is why I used the term "seems". He's never been at a place where a coach can't really attract equal or better talent. He may be at one of those some day and give us a point of reference.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TheRobotDevil is there a Chip Kelly in Fresno State colors lying around somewhere? :noidea:
Sorry I got tied up and forgot. The hawala fan you have here reminded me with his rainbows :dhd:

JdQeUzX.jpg