• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agents

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading the Bleacher top 100 FAs and a few names caught my attention for a couple reasons. 1st some guys I didn't know who they where but Bleachers Bio made them sound like potential fits with the 49ers.

2nd Players I know but not sure of their fit with the team. So I wanted to gauge the interest in these players with you guys.

UNKNOWN

Victor Butler OLB
Brandon Gibson WR
Derek Cox CB
Brent Grimes CB

SCHEME VERSATILE

Jerome Simpson WR
Aubrayo Franklin NT
Dawan Landry SS
Alan Branch DE

These are my thoughts on why these players could be beneficial to the 49ers. We need depth at OLB and Butler could be a cheaper option then keeping Haralson also Butler is younger and isn't coming off a major injury.

Gibson & Simpson (not necessarily both) We need WRs period. We are going into the season with two healthy WRs on our team which one didn't catch a pass all season. Simpson didn't work out with the Vikings but with Kaps arm and his speed he could bring that deep threat we have all wanted for the past few years. Gibson seems not as fast but I think he played the slot well against us in the 1st Rams game and he could be insurance just in case Williams or Manningham doesn't make it back to start the season.

Cox & Grimes Depth at CB and maybe even a starter would be great. Not sure on the talent of either of these guys but from what I have seen they may not command the contracts of some of the other CBs on the market which would allow us to double dip at the position.

Landry The older of the Landry brothers IMO has always been better. Laron is more athletic but Daron is the better prospect. This is to replace Whitner and not Goldson. I think Landry can come in and do the same as Whitner but give us better coverage on the back end and probably could be had under Whitners 5 million cap # this year.

Branch & Franklin We need depth on the dline and both these guys could be had for relatively cheap. My first choice was Jenkins but he has signed with the Giants. I like the idea of Seymour but I think we could sign both of these guys for about the same price we would get Seymour. Franklin would be depth at NT so we would need to resign Soap (assuming RJF is gone in this scenario) and I would want Branch as backup for both DE spots. I think he is too tall to play NT on an every down basis.

So their is my FA list of interesting players that most people aren't talking about I would love some insight from you guys on what your opinions are. And here is the article if anyone wanted to see the entire list.

2013 NFL Free Agency: Final Top 100 Big Board | Bleacher Report

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really excited about anyone on that list, other than Grimes and maybe Branch. It seems logical though, since Baalke doesn't go for the big signings and tends to just pick up players that fit the system and won't break the bank.