• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agents 2021

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

After reading this article, my expectations for Josh Rosen is almost nil. IF these things about his character/personality are true, it won't work for a football team. No wonder the previous 3 teams didn't take long to get rid of him.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers have resigned Kyle Juszcyk to a five year 27 million deal. They resigned Jason Verrett to a one year deal worth 6.5 million. Signed Samson Ebukam to a two year deal worth up to 13.5 (12) million. They also restructured Dee Ford's contract two a two year 24 million deal.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dee Ford. Having to throw money to help soften the GM's original blunder

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dee Ford. Having to throw money to help soften the GM's original blunder
YEP!

There is less 'slack' when you make a mistake on a Free Agent. A Free Agent has information while already in the NFL, including injury history. This isn't to say you never sign a player who was injured, but you can't give a BIG contract and not know the extent. Lynch is the first to get the blame because it comes with the territory, but our medical team didn't evaluate well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 49ers have resigned Kyle Juszcyk to a five year 27 million deal. They resigned Jason Verrett to a one year deal worth 6.5 million. Signed Samson Ebukam to a two year deal worth up to 13.5 (12) million. They also restructured Dee Ford's contract two a two year 24 million deal.

Not knowing any contract details, all three seem reasonable to me? They likely make Juszcyk's a 5 year deal so it can be back loaded? Verrret has too much of an injury history, so a one year deal makes sense. A one year deal is likely more than a multi-year, but i would have a hard time committing to him myself?

A top NFL rusher would get paid like Dee Ford, so while Ebukam isn't a top pass rusher, neither is his contract.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not knowing any contract details, all three seem reasonable to me? They likely make Juszcyk's a 5 year deal so it can be back loaded? Verrret has too much of an injury history, so a one year deal makes sense. A one year deal is likely more than a multi-year, but i would have a hard time committing to him myself?

A top NFL rusher would get paid like Dee Ford, so while Ebukam isn't a top pass rusher, neither is his contract.

Yeah I agree all deals seem reasonable to me. I'm glad they were able to restructure Ford's deal and save bout six million on this years cap.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Too bad we lost Bourne but there is no way we can pay him that Contract. Granted, we don't know the contract details, but can't imagine he'd leave it most of it was base salary.

Time for someone to show what they got......hmmmm.....Hurd?!

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad we lost Bourne but there is no way we can pay him that Contract. Granted, we don't know the contract details, but can't imagine he'd leave it most of it was base salary.

Time for someone to show what they got......hmmmm.....Hurd?!

Yeah it stinks to lose him but it was always a strong possibility.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Juice's deal says it's a 5yr, 27M deal, but considering that it is backloaded, means it could be a 3yr, 14.5M deal. Considering how integral he is to the offense, looks like a pretty good deal.

Apparently, the team offered Verrett a longer deal, but he took less money in the one year contract so he could hit the market again next year when the cap is expected to go back up. It's a 1yr, 6.5M deal, but that is a 2.5M salary, 2M signing bonus, 1M per-game roster bonuses and 1M in pure incentives (PT, INTs, and Pro Bowl). He has every incentive to play well this year, so if he does, we got him for a year VERY cheap and if he gets hurt early or misses a big chunk of the season, we won't be paying much of the 1M roster bonuses or the 1M in incentives. It's a win/win for the Niners.

Thankfully, Ford's redone deal saves us cap space this year and lets us out of his contract early.

Trent Williams is still unsigned. Reports say we've got a 4 year, 80M deal on the table for him and the fact that he hasn't signed anywhere else yet is a good sign for our chances.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Williams has resigned with the 49ers to a six year deal.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm interested to see what the deal is really for. 55m guaranteed but we're paying $30m of that in a signing bonus so how is the rest of that $25m spread out? This might only be a 3 year deal in guaranteed money.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT is reporting that the Niners will sign Alex Mack. That'll give us an upgrade at center.

Can't wait to see the details on T.Williams deal. 6yrs, 138M, making him the highest paid OL in history. 55M guaranteed (30 is the signing bonus).

I read someplace that he was PFF's highest rated OT last year and was the 2nd or 3rd highest rated OL at any position. Damn.

Last edited:

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being reported that Richard Sherman's free agency is moving in "slow motion." I.e., he's not getting the offers he expected. If he's not signed within the next week or so, that makes me wonder if we could bring him back on the cheap (assuming the FO wants him).

Witherspoon signed in Seattle. It's a 1 year deal. Seattle is desperate at CB b/c they lost 2 in FA, including their best, Griffin, to the Jags. The one year deal makes our signing of Verrett's one year deal look all that much better. Verrett played pretty well last season, while Spoon was a healthy scratch in at least one game (or was it 2?).

WR AJ Green is signing in AZ. Alongside Hopkins at WR, they're gonna be a force this year if they can protect Murray.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And DJ Jones was resigned for a 1 year deal. Not bad at all. If he can stay healthy, he was a good player inside. I think we missed him during the SB push 2 years ago. If he plays well, he might get himself a LTD, or at least get us a comp pick in 2023.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Welll first, i stand corrected. Didn't think they could re-sign Trent Williams?! It was clear we wanted him back, but didn't think we could fit him within the cap.

Anyway, fine as long as his performance doesn't fall off a cliff? Two more SOLID years and then he can start to slip.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PFT is reporting that the Niners will sign Alex Mack. That'll give us an upgrade at center.

Can't wait to see the details on T.Williams deal. 6yrs, 138M, making him the highest paid OL in history. 55M guaranteed (30 is the signing bonus).

I read someplace that he was PFF's highest rated OT last year and was the 2nd or 3rd highest rated OL at any position. Damn.
Not sure how to view this Mack signing? It is good for one year no doubt but what happens past that? I was thinking we'd sign a top Center prospect now because there appears to be 2-3 very good ones. We could see a very good Center drop to maybe even the late 3rd round? This way we have a starting Center 'long term'.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And DJ Jones was resigned for a 1 year deal. Not bad at all. If he can stay healthy, he was a good player inside. I think we missed him during the SB push 2 years ago. If he plays well, he might get himself a LTD, or at least get us a comp pick in 2023.

I think DJ Jones is a good player too and glad he re-signed. Yes, lately he's been injured more than we want to see, another one of those "when healthy....." type descriptions.

But every team needs that 'immovable' NT.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm interested to see what the deal is really for. 55m guaranteed but we're paying $30m of that in a signin

Not sure how to view this Mack signing? It is good for one year no doubt but what happens past that? I was thinking we'd sign a top Center prospect now because there appears to be 2-3 very good ones. We could see a very good Center drop to maybe even the late 3rd round? This way we have a starting Center 'long term'.
I think they will draft a center and probably another interior lineman as well probably not in the first three picks but certainly in rounds 4 or 5. Wth the moves they have made so far they can go best available at 12 and maybe go more position specific in rounds 2 or 3.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm interested to see what the deal is really for. 55m guaranteed but we're paying $30m of that in a signing bonus so how is the rest of that $25m spread out? This might only be a 3 year deal in guaranteed money.
49ers-webzone.com/articles/145436-details-emerge-left-tackle-trent-williams-six-year-49ers/

It's basically a 3 year deal. The 3rd year will be worst for us, but we'll be banking on a sizeable increase to the Salary Cap by then to help cushion it. After 3 years we have the option to cut Williams with only a slight dead cap hit during year 4 and 5. Year 6 is zero cap hit if he's cut.

*if you want to read the article copy and paste the above without the - after 49ers*

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that the TW deal is really a 3yr deal at 20.25M/yr. Then the team has an option to continue the deal for the last 3 years at 25.77M.