• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Moves in Preseason

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine Stidham talking about an injury if it means all the media telling everyone he is going to get cut.

As usual, nobody outside Foxborough know anything - but they need to keep talking for 2 more weeks!

"Seeing Jarrett Stidham’s name come up on the PUP list was a surprise, and we’ve yet to hear any official news about his status. Reiss speculated in his Sunday column that the quarterback could be dealing with a nagging ailment that he could be managing, but it’s definitely an issue as he tries to establish his role for the upcoming season."

Did he step on a nail or did he sprain his ankle?
Maybe he is on PUP b/c the Texans are interested in him

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon dude. You cannot seriously believe that, can you?
I think that BB gets very childish when he puts a player in his doghouse. If I was Stidham's agent I be screaming for his release or trade. I'd be bitchin' out loud about BB's doghouse and the fact that Stidham never played after the KC game last year and that Cam sucked worse than a Bissell. Create enough ruckus and get Kraft involved and get the hell out of Foxboro and make it his life's goal to play somewhere else and kill the Pats whenever he faced them.

The guy worked his ass off working with coaches and Tom House on his mechanic and getting in great physical shape. BB has a closed mind and isn't going to let him show anything. Even a few of the local media are starting to ask the same question out loud.

When someone shows that kind of self improvement commitment in the off season, most coaches would give him an opportunity to show the improvements, not shelf the guy and devalue his worth. It's time for Kraft to be an owner and ""TELL"" Bill to let the guy compete and stop screwing around.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When someone shows that kind of self improvement commitment in the off season, most coaches would give him an opportunity to show the improvements, not shelf the guy and devalue his worth. It's time for Kraft to be an owner and ""TELL"" Bill to let the guy compete and stop screwing around.
I'm confused? Has training camp started and finished? If he trained is tail off for the entire offseason I would think the first opportunity to show the improvements would happen during the training camp. Were they supposed to provide him a pay per view opportunity before training camp?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that BB gets very childish when he puts a player in his doghouse. If I was Stidham's agent I be screaming for his release or trade. I'd be bitchin' out loud about BB's doghouse and the fact that Stidham never played after the KC game last year and that Cam sucked worse than a Bissell. Create enough ruckus and get Kraft involved and get the hell out of Foxboro and make it his life's goal to play somewhere else and kill the Pats whenever he faced them.

The guy worked his ass off working with coaches and Tom House on his mechanic and getting in great physical shape. BB has a closed mind and isn't going to let him show anything. Even a few of the local media are starting to ask the same question out loud.

Your hatred for your imagined Belichick id getting in the way of being a fan.
You sound like a Jet fan hating on Adam Gase!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe Jarret is simply just an entitled asshole. I mean, he is a millennial, no? You keep mentioned that he's going to come back and haunt BB on another team but he'd need to win the starting job first and so far he can't even win 3rd string on a team with no QB's.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Stidham stunbbed his toe playing hopscotch with his honey?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a poster in the NFL forum who on more than one occasion stated Stidham is not an NFL caliber QB. Maybe there is some truth to it and we all just have on our Pats rose colored glasses?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a poster in the NFL forum who on more than one occasion stated Stidham is not an NFL caliber QB. Maybe there is some truth to it and we all just have on our Pats rose colored glasses?
How about just putting him in to start a game against a team instead of throwing him into a game down 24-0 and expecting a resurrection of Tom Brady?
Your hatred for your imagined Belichick id getting in the way of being a fan.
No. I've been a Patriots fan since 1959 when it was announced that the Boston Patriots had been granted an AFL franchise. I have an issue with BB's closed mindedness as he's gotten older. It used to last for a game, then a few games and then half a season. Now it appears to be permanent.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about just putting him in to start a game against a team instead of throwing him into a game down 24-0 and expecting a resurrection of Tom Brady?

No. I've been a Patriots fan since 1959 when it was announced that the Boston Patriots had been granted an AFL franchise. I have an issue with BB's closed mindedness as he's gotten older. It used to last for a game, then a few games and then half a season. Now it appears to be permanent.
I have no issues with Stidham at all. Obviously BB does, he see's something that he doesn't like could be reading the D, decision making on the fly, not looking off defenders no one really knows what the deal is and I prefer not to speculate.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But why if the dude can't even beat out Brian Hoyer? Reminder that Jarret started last year as the 3rd QB on the depth chart behind a broken Cam Newton and an even brokener Brian Hoyer.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with Stidham at all. Obviously BB does, he see's something that he doesn't like could be reading the D, decision making on the fly, not looking off defenders no one really knows what the deal is and I prefer not to speculate.
Maybe BB really likes Stiddy and is bringing him along at the rate that is best suited for the Pats and Stiddy.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted that article here a looooong time ago.
The answer to the question?
1) we don't know that Stidham will ever get there
2) We really like Mac and got him.
Exactly

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that were the case I question why he would take Mack
It is good to have a plethora of talent.
He knows Mack J will be decent, potentially really good.
Stiddy has lots of untapped potential.
If Cam is healthy, and can run the offense, he can go a long way too.
Then if you have three top tier QB's, you have capitol to play with.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is good to have a plethora of talent.
He knows Mack J will be decent, potentially really good.
Stiddy has lots of untapped potential.
If Cam is healthy, and can run the offense, he can go a long way too.
Then if you have three top tier QB's, you have capitol to play with.
Did you play with stretch Armstrong a lot as a child?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more player workouts. both with NE connections

Due diligence