• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Frenzy thread

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was confirmed that Horton was in Columbus.

Interestingly enough, part of the visit was a consultation with the doctor that fixed Ryan Murray's shoulder. Horton's had problems with his.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Grabovski would be a great pickup for anyone. Really the best way to go about free agency this year is go after everyone's write offs.

WHERE HAVE YOU AND THIS FABULOUS USER NAME BEEN HIDING?! Bud Ice...wow.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Clarkson is likely getting 7 years $6M...is sickening. Can't wait until that deal is signed and we can play the "who gets paid less!" game.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would think with the amount of talking teams have had with players this last 2 days deals would be announced already

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Clarkson is likely getting 7 years $6M...is sickening. Can't wait until that deal is signed and we can play the "who gets paid less!" game.

seriously.. i have almost no doubt that will be the worst contract signed today (homer is out of money :))

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol has the audio of the Grabo interview been posted? that was BLEEPING great

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHERE HAVE YOU AND THIS FABULOUS USER NAME BEEN HIDING?! Bud Ice...wow.

Thanks, been on ESPN boards all along, until they announced they're shutting down. Glad they're shutting down tho, ESPN has no credibility when it comes to hockey, and I'm enjoying posting here a lot more. Glad to be a part of this community

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoops. I forgot free agency officially opens at 12pm ET

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word is Clowe to the Devils is pretty much a done deal. For the right price he should be a great replacement for Clarkson. Would love for the Devils to take a look at Grabovski. As long as the salary demands aren't astronomical he would be exactly what we're looking for.

Clarkson is a $4 million a year guy at best. He is going to be one of the worst contracts in the league in a year or 2. He's toned down his physicality but his style of play leads me to believe he could be seeing some injury issues as time goes on. He's a borderline top 6 guy right now, in 2-3 years he's a 3rd line grinder. Love the guy but wtf with these contract numbers?

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger believes Alfredsson is leaving Senators - Detroit Front Runners

im going to miss Detroit in the West (even though its right they are now in the East) but if Alfie goes to Detroit I will be shocked. I just cant see him leaving the Senators. I mean this with no disrespect and I know it sounds like it but the Wings are no lock to win the cup not by a long shot (and my team is worse so there) so I dont know why Alfie would go to Detroit? that move makes no sense to me to uproot this late in his career it cant be for money

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 2h

Don't know where David Clarkson will end up but odds may favor a CDN team. Visited EDM, OTT and hometown TOR. Also visited CBJ.

It also appears that Horton's visit was a few days. May have been checking out neighborhoods...

Also a rumor swirling that Tyler Wright's dismissal was to make way for the hire of a "Super Scout" to re-vamp the whole operation. I've heard a name but won't say any more other than Jarmo's worked with him before. Player news may not be the only thing Columbus makes public today.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman says he's heard Chris Tanev is an offer sheet target ... Adam Henrique, Bogosian, and Pietrangelo too

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreger believes Alfredsson is leaving Senators - Detroit Front Runners

im going to miss Detroit in the West (even though its right they are now in the East) but if Alfie goes to Detroit I will be shocked. I just cant see him leaving the Senators. I mean this with no disrespect and I know it sounds like it but the Wings are no lock to win the cup not by a long shot (and my team is worse so there) so I dont know why Alfie would go to Detroit? that move makes no sense to me to uproot this late in his career it cant be for money

It makes no sense to me either. In fact, if I was putting money on it I'd think Ottawa's chances at a cup are a wash with Detroit right now, provided the Sens can stay healthy. Karlsson, Anderson and Spezza healthy the whole year? That's a team that can do damage.

And Alfie should not have to create a bidding war to be treated fairly in Ottawa.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman says Alfie has told the Sens he's leaving

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Expectation is Alfredsson will go to DET. Since he's 35+ player, base salary likely in $3.5M range with bonuses taking it up to $5M total.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously.. i have almost no doubt that will be the worst contract signed today (homer is out of money :))

Yeah he isn't going to end up on this list anytime soon:
Ranking the Biggest Free-Agent Bargains in the NHL's Salary Cap Era | Bleacher Report

Anyway what are the Flyers going to do for another goalie or is there any rumors of the one of it seems like thousands of D-men under 1 way deals will get moved to free up that space?

Also the Adam Hall re-signing went unnoticed but I liked his style as a 4th liner that can play Center and Wing.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it is with any divisive athlete who gets traded, especially in Boston, the unsavory rumors with unnamed sources come out. Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald dug up one that makes Seguin sound like Frankenstein's monster, incapable of not partying, necessitating a hotel room barricade so that he can stay sober enough to play hockey:

This trade might not be popular among all Bruins fans, who envisioned Seguin as a future superstar. But he might go down as a player who squandered his great gifts. Multiple sources said the 21-year-old Seguin crossed the line this season with reckless partying.

It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman says Alfie has told the Sens he's leaving

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m
Expectation is Alfredsson will go to DET. Since he's 35+ player, base salary likely in $3.5M range with bonuses taking it up to $5M total.

OMFG

Murray will get crucified. Letting him go, and he winds up on a strong team in the division?

OUCH.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it is with any divisive athlete who gets traded, especially in Boston, the unsavory rumors with unnamed sources come out. Stephen Harris of the Boston Herald dug up one that makes Seguin sound like Frankenstein's monster, incapable of not partying, necessitating a hotel room barricade so that he can stay sober enough to play hockey:

This trade might not be popular among all Bruins fans, who envisioned Seguin as a future superstar. But he might go down as a player who squandered his great gifts. Multiple sources said the 21-year-old Seguin crossed the line this season with reckless partying.

It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.

Shame he didn't play in Philly He would only have been accused of sleeping with a teammates wife.