• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency updates

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evey NFL player contract has behavior clauses. The reality is if something happens with Talib the Broncos may not have to pay him but the dead money will still count against the cap. He's stayed out of trouble for 3 years, I hope and I'm sure the Broncos believe, he'll stay out of trouble.

Talib has had several conduct related issues since his NFL career started. At the NFL rookie symposium in July 2008, Talib was involved in a fistfight with fellow Buccaneers rookie Cory Boyd. On August 20, 2009, Talib allegedly battered a taxi driver, and he was arrested by Florida Highway Patrol and booked into the Pinellas County jail, charged with resisting arrest without violence and simple battery.[15] In March 2011, police in Garland, Texas issued a felony warrant for Talib for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after accusing him of firing a gun at his sister's boyfriend. He was later released on $25,000 bond. Talib was indicted on the charge in May 2011. On June 18, 2012, the charges were dropped due to insufficient evidence and character concerns with the accuser.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, typo i did not catch. 26 million guaranteed.

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving our free agent hauls since Elway took over but does anybody know what kind of cap shape we are in now? I believe we are still in solid shape but was just wondering how much we will be left with for draft picks/in season issues that arise. If we do land Ware then I am very excited with the direction our defense is headed...especially up front with Ware, Von and Q Smith

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had probably close to 33 million and if a few more players get released, Dreesen or Tamme then it almost 40.

Probably roll some of that over for next year. I bet they spend 25 or so in FA.,

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had probably close to 33 million and if a few more players get released, Dreesen or Tamme then it almost 40.

Probably roll some of that over for next year. I bet they spend 25 or so in FA.,

So we figure to still have enough room to re-sign DRC and possibly sign Ware, with enough left over to sign our draft picks?

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They broke off talks with DRC. He isn't coming back. I think at best we only have about 8-10 million left and I think Ware will take a good chunk of that.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They broke off talks with DRC. He isn't coming back. I think at best we only have about 8-10 million left and I think Ware will take a good chunk of that.

Thanks. I was curious about that. Guess it was too much to hope for to pair DRC with Talib. Hopefully Harris comes back strong to take the other starting spot.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also no way we would get both Talib and DRC. Would mean next year for sure losing Harris and I would rather have him than DRC at this point moving forward

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy to keep an eye on for the broncos is Blount to back up ball. He and Talib are very close friends and he has been talking up the Talib signing for the last couple of hours.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another guy to keep an eye on for the broncos is Blount to back up ball. He and Talib are veaery close friends and he has been talking up the Talib signing for the last couple of hours.

I w high on Blount last year (no pun intended), but with Ball as the starter this year (assuming that Moreno goes), I think I'd favor a guy like Sproles or Pierre Thomas as a COP. Not that Bount isn't bad axed, but I favor someone more effective in the screen game.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody have specifics on why contract talks broke down with DRC? Could he really have been demanding more than what we paid Talib?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand the Broncos offered a very similar contract at least money wise to DRC and he and his agent said no. Elway has shown that when he sets a price for a player he is willing to move on if they don't like that price as he will not overpay for a player. So then he took that offer to Talib and Talib said yes. From the reaction on Twitter by DRC he sounded a bit surprised by it but hey Talib did grade out better than DRC when healthy and offers us a bit more of an all-around game in helping with the run game plus his physicality. The Broncos have been looking for an answer to helping with TE's in coverage and well Talib is one of the few corners that can line up on a receiver or TE and do just fine.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody have specifics on why contract talks broke down with DRC? Could he really have been demanding more than what we paid Talib?

That's what Vic Lombardi was saying this morning, that DRC wanted more than what the Broncos are paying Talib. If that's true then I don't blame the Broncos for moving on from DRC, but I still worry about Talib's durability.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m
One AFC West official who tried to get DeMarcus Ware to visit his city said he was told "you're not going to like where he winds up."

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 13m
Look past the fancy numbers. You whittle it down, it's a 3-yr, 26-million dollar deal.

This is talking about Talib...I kind of figured this was the deal with this contract. If that is the case then yeah this really is actually a pretty darn good deal. It definitely has its risks with his injury history but a top-5 Corner when healthy for under $10 million is pretty impressive.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand the Broncos offered a very similar contract at least money wise to DRC and he and his agent said no. Elway has shown that when he sets a price for a player he is willing to move on if they don't like that price as he will not overpay for a player. So then he took that offer to Talib and Talib said yes. From the reaction on Twitter by DRC he sounded a bit surprised by it but hey Talib did grade out better than DRC when healthy and offers us a bit more of an all-around game in helping with the run game plus his physicality. The Broncos have been looking for an answer to helping with TE's in coverage and well Talib is one of the few corners that can line up on a receiver or TE and do just fine.

DRC is going to be hard pressed to find a suitor paying more than what we paid Talib for his services. I think his agent overplayed his hand thinking Denver would be compelled to resign DRC out of need. Elway just demonstrated there are other fish in the sea to fill that need with.

I like Talib, actually. He's very physical, and he appears to have matured since his past run-ins. Durability is an issue, but that seems to have been accounted for in the price paid. When you take into account talent vs. durability, I'd say trading him for DRC is a wash.