• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency News/Trades/Cuts

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Valdheer may be released. Def aged and on the downturn but I would be interested in a one-two year deal at RT... also interested in Pugh. Could see a WR like Cam Meredith garning some interest from Denver as well as, obviously, some of the remaining DL w/ Gotsis questionable future

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Valdheer may be released. Def aged and on the downturn but I would be interested in a one-two year deal at RT... also interested in Pugh. Could see a WR like Cam Meredith garning some interest from Denver as well as, obviously, some of the remaining DL w/ Gotsis questionable future

The low tender on Meredith was odd by the Bears. Before his injury (which was a bad injury) he was looking to bust into a solid #1 WR. Doubt he becomes a Bronco, but would love it. Even if it means it puts James Washington out of the picture. I just don't see it though.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I got from an insider on twitter, can’t seem to paste the link from my phone however.

Source: the Broncos converted $16M of LB Von Miller's $18.5M base salary into a signing bonus, creating $12.375M in 2018 cap space.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I got from an insider on twitter, can’t seem to paste the link from my phone however.

Source: the Broncos converted $16M of LB Von Miller's $18.5M base salary into a signing bonus, creating $12.375M in 2018 cap space.
Already public knowledge. How they are going to use the new $$$ would be inside information.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh visiting Saints. Chiefs re-sign Colquitt. Jordy Nelson close to deal with Raiders. Might mean the end of Crabtree in Oakland.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons and Patriots after Danny Woodhead.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordy Nelson to the Raiders within next hour

Raiders talking to S Marcus Gilchrist.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who has had the best signing and who has had the worst signing so far?

I think worst has to be the Cardinals with signing Sam Bradford to a $20 million deal.
Jerrick McKinnon to the 49ers is another head scratching deal

Honestly with the deals being thrown out the best deal for talent compared to price might be Case Keenum.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who has had the best signing and who has had the worst signing so far?

I think worst has to be the Cardinals with signing Sam Bradford to a $20 million deal.
Jerrick McKinnon to the 49ers is another head scratching deal

Honestly with the deals being thrown out the best deal for talent compared to price might be Case Keenum.

Cardinals might end up paying more for QB than Vikings.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals might end up paying more for QB than Vikings.

I think the Cardinals have made the most head scratching moves this offseason of any team. Beyond the Bradford signing the getting Andre Smith for the OL. He is terrible. Then of course yeah the signing of Glennon on top of Bradford just leaves a person scratching their head. I'm sure they know that there is no way they are getting one of the top-4 QB's in the upcoming draft but to then go get 2 very mediocre QB's like they did is just asking for a top-5 pick next season.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cardinals have made the most head scratching moves this offseason of any team. Beyond the Bradford signing the getting Andre Smith for the OL. He is terrible. Then of course yeah the signing of Glennon on top of Bradford just leaves a person scratching their head. I'm sure they know that there is no way they are getting one of the top-4 QB's in the upcoming draft but to then go get 2 very mediocre QB's like they did is just asking for a top-5 pick next season.

Why didn't Ari sign bradford 10 mil for 8 games that is a 1 yr contract for Bradford.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't Ari sign bradford 10 mil for 8 games that is a 1 yr contract for Bradford.

I keep thinking Bradford must have something on the league to keep getting teams to pay him ridiculous money.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best value signing might be Bridgewater by the Jets. A lot of risk associated with that signing however. He could be a franchise type QB if healthy and can return to previous form.

I don't mind the Case Keenum signing.

I am not sure what the Colts are doing. They have a ton of money but have signed pretty much no one. Their WRs are TY and no one.

The Cardinals are on the other side of the coin. Bad moves that cost them the Honey Badger.

I think the Vikings are going to cost themselves with the signing of Cousins. They have a lot of guys that need deals next year. They better take advantage this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bradford's injury history and the Cardinals not really "only a QB" away, Bradford deal doesn't make sense to me.. Mike Glennon be ready!

Browns release Jason McCourty

Sheldon Richardson looking for 15 MM a year, I think that will come down, not sure anyone will bite on that demand.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best value signing might be Bridgewater by the Jets. A lot of risk associated with that signing however. He could be a franchise type QB if healthy and can return to previous form.

I don't mind the Case Keenum signing.

I am not sure what the Colts are doing. They have a ton of money but have signed pretty much no one. Their WRs are TY and no one.

The Cardinals are on the other side of the coin. Bad moves that cost them the Honey Badger.

I think the Vikings are going to cost themselves with the signing of Cousins. They have a lot of guys that need deals next year. They better take advantage this year.

From the sound of it the Colts don't have a lot of FA's that want to sign with them. They view that team as a long ways away in a very good division with 3 teams trending up. The Colts are trying to be fiscally smart with their money but I think they are learning that when you are a terrible team you have to overspend to get people to walk in the door. Throw in just not knowing the status of Luck is a very difficult sell to a FA. If he was healthy and had proven he is back to his old self I think they might have more FA's lining up to sign with them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints making strong last minute push for Jordy Nelson.