• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Discussion Thread

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Risner over Braden. I know Risner isn't great but if we are talking depth I would much rather prefer Risner. He is still on his rookie contract too so it isn't the money.
Yes, I’m just messing. Must be just bringing him in to compete? May be that Muti not a good scheme fit? Hmmm. Dunno.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is never good to be in on the first wave of free agency. You end up over paying for the talent you sign.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I’m just messing. Must be just bringing him in to compete? May be that Muti not a good scheme fit? Hmmm. Dunno.

It's your typical coaching change. Want to bring some of your boys in. No harm done. He can compete at least. Anytime we lose a coach I am always a little worried who will follow the coach to his new team and anytime we gain a new coach I am a little worried what players he will bring over (and at the same time excited about some possibilities). Probably not a lot of big names for Hackett to bring over with him from GB. Not signing Scantling at his price. Braden, might toy with Tonyan but I bet he stays (who knows), maybe Chandn Sullivan. I am sure there will be a few more. Like Paton bringing a few "ok" Vikings guys with him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is never good to be in on the first wave of free agency. You end up over paying for the talent you sign.

Not sure I would agree with this fully. You win some, you lose some....A team like the Jaguars are always going to have to over pay when you have the worst record two years in a row and for the most part a long history of losing.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year that lightning struck. 2014. Ward, Ware, Talib and Sanders.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But you also don’t wanna upset your brand new quarterback right away by being like Seattle and just overlooking the Offensive Line like they did his whole career.

Obviously I’m sure Wilson isn’t expecting Denver to sign 4 people just on the O-Line but I’m also sure he would like us to go get someone to show him that we’re at least gonna put the best Line we can to protect him.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you also don’t wanna upset your brand new quarterback right away by being like Seattle and just overlooking the Offensive Line like they did his whole career.

Obviously I’m sure Wilson isn’t expecting Denver to sign 4 people just on the O-Line but I’m also sure he would like us to go get someone to show him that we’re at least gonna put the best Line we can to protect him.

I agree. I'm sure the Broncos will make some O-line moves in FA or the draft. Wilson will also make our current O-line look better with his competency at the position. After the big splash with Wilson, I could see Paton tying to be patient. So far, he's proven more than capable!

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Charging ⚡

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers are laying out the $$$$

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Armstead wants to move to RT I don’t see us getting him which means there aren’t any top tier tackles left. Of course we could find a hidden gem with one of the lesser guys but I don’t want another Menelik Watson or Donald Stephenson where we massively overpay for someone who’s not even good.

If we don’t go a tackle in FA I think it’s a must in round 2.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are still waiting on Dallas to make a cut. Maybe?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let’s go get Von Miller, and a young stud CB, and pick up a RT with our first pick in the draft.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now let’s go get Von Miller, and a young stud CB, and pick up a RT with our first pick in the draft.
Von to Cleveland - is what I heard.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von to Cleveland - is what I heard.

Only report I’ve seen is a tweet from that fake Adam Shefter account. But on the chance we don’t get Von we should go hard at Chandler Jones.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been giving this a lot of thought today. Chandler Jones' name continues to come up as a man of interest for the Denver Broncos. It's been quiet on the Von Miller front today. I'm sure Paton will do what he thinks is best for the team and Von had a few lackluster years in Denver. He sure made up for it as a Ram in the playoffs, though. As a fan, I would really like to see Miller return to Denver. He wants to be here and it would be an absolute gift to the fans that have endured the last, painful 5 years. Even if he isn't up to his prime form, I think it would be such a boost for the team, the locker room and the city that it would be worth it. Reminds me of Shannon Sharpe's return to Denver after winning a Super Bowl with the Ravens. Probably a good thing that I'm not an NFL executive because I realize that it's all emotions for me on this opinion. Come on home, Von! Go Broncos!