• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2023

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To paraphrase Major League, I'm not sure Tom Compton ever had a prime. I agree somewhat on McKivitz as I remember him stepping in admirably at LT in the Rams game.
haaaaa, yep good for short term service.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners sign NYG OG/OC John Feliciano. He was a starter for the Giants last year, but it looks like he could be the replacement for Brunskill--the backup at both OG and OC.
I REALLY like this signing as a serious depth piece on the interior OL that you could bank on, if needed.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we fans are underestimating Mckivitz, similar to us underestimating Banks and Brendal last season. Pretty sure Tom Compton is now past his prime and IF so, prefer McKivitz who's entering his.

Isn't Matt Prior competing for RT too?

BTW - The big concern for me is TW's back-up.

My understanding is that RT is McKivitz to lose, according to Foerster. Prior was brought in for T depth.

DurbanPoison2121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO we fans are underestimating Mckivitz, similar to us underestimating Banks and Brendal last season. Pretty sure Tom Compton is now past his prime and IF so, prefer McKivitz who's entering his.

Isn't Matt Prior competing for RT too?

BTW - The big concern for me is TW's back-up.

The reason why I'm not tripping is that we gotta remember, the Niners were ready to trade MM away a year ago. They don't even seek that trade out without assurances of the heir apparent. McKivitz was a Gold Helmet guy who IMO deserves the shot.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders have released TE OJ Howard. He isn't any good, but I'd happily take him over Woerner.

Niners sign Edge Taco Charlton. He's looked good so far in camp today.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Raiders have released TE OJ Howard. He isn't any good, but I'd happily take him over Woerner.

Niners sign Edge Taco Charlton. He's looked good so far in camp today.
At TE you almost have to keep Latu, and Willis is showing well so far. With the need to keep a player at other spots (RB?), don't see us adding a TE.

I see 3 TE's on the 53-man roster.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At TE you almost have to keep Latu, and Willis is showing well so far. With the need to keep a player at other spots (RB?), don't see us adding a TE.

I see 3 TE's on the 53-man roster.
Sure, Latu makes the team, but who is the #2 TE. So far, according to reports, Willis has outplayed everyone else.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure, Latu makes the team, but who is the #2 TE. So far, according to reports, Willis has outplayed everyone else.
Yes, i'd go with Willis and the #2 TE. I know this isn't ideal he being a rookie, but the reason ncludes another spot/player.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos are releasing Edge R.Gregory. He'd be a great midseason pickup for us, but it would all come down to how much money he wants. He's got a fully guaranteed 14M salary this year that the Broncos will be paying if he gets released. If he'll take a bargain deal, he'd still be getting his big money from Denver, but would he rather join a contender in Dallas (his old team) or a contender in SF?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Broncos are releasing Edge R.Gregory. He'd be a great midseason pickup for us, but it would all come down to how much money he wants. He's got a fully guaranteed 14M salary this year that the Broncos will be paying if he gets released. If he'll take a bargain deal, he'd still be getting his big money from Denver, but would he rather join a contender in Dallas (his old team) or a contender in SF?
A friend of mine just texted we're TRADING for Gregory?! This he got from Adam Sheftner?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF the trade is true, how do we deal with his cap hit?!

"Gregory, who's in the second season of a five-year, $70 million deal, has recorded one sack, one pass defensed and nine combined tackles this season. In his first season in Denver (2022), Gregory appeared in just six games due to shoulder and knee injuries."

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF the trade is true, how do we deal with his cap hit?!

"Gregory, who's in the second season of a five-year, $70 million deal, has recorded one sack, one pass defensed and nine combined tackles this season. In his first season in Denver (2022), Gregory appeared in just six games due to shoulder and knee injuries."
Report says it's true. Niners trade for Edge Randy Gregory. Broncos are paying for his entire salary except for his prorated vet minimum. So, financially, it's a good deal for SF. It's a low risk, high reward move. I get that they want more pass rush opposite Bosa. Can't really have enough pass rush, but I've never been a Gregory fan in his time in Dallas and Denver clearly was not a fan of his after 2 seasons there.

We cut Kerry Hyder to make roster space. Niners hope to sign Hyder to teh PS.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real risk is that he has a history of getting suspended for longer periods and of being something of a me-first player. So I hope the FO did their due diligence in seeing if he might be a locker room problem.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Report says it's true. Niners trade for Edge Randy Gregory. Broncos are paying for his entire salary except for his prorated vet minimum. So, financially, it's a good deal for SF. It's a low risk, high reward move. I get that they want more pass rush opposite Bosa. Can't really have enough pass rush, but I've never been a Gregory fan in his time in Dallas and Denver clearly was not a fan of his after 2 seasons there.

We cut Kerry Hyder to make roster space. Niners hope to sign Hyder to teh PS.
Yes after reading more info on Gregory's cap hit, its a no brainer.

Also seen where he's been out of trouble two years running.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After adding Gregory not seeing us signing another DE.

There aren't any RT's that are clearly an upgrade over McKivitz. IF anything, maybe we need a more solid RG? Not saying lets go out and get a RG, but am saying IF we signed O-line, RG might be more likely?

I can see us adding an outside, cover type CB? Jaylon Johnson or whomever is a fit. Too bad Isiah Oliver didn't fill this role, ugh!