• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency 2023

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners resign T.Gipson. 1yr, 2.9M.

Niners sign DT J.Hargrave. 4yr, 84M, 40M guaranteed. This definitely shores up one of the team's biggest weaknesses the middle of the Dline, where Kinlaw has been a big disappointment.

Jimmy signs with the Raiders. 3yr, 67.5M deal, 34M guaranteed. Reunites Jimmy G with his former NE OC.

McGlinchey lands with the Broncos. 5yr, 87.5M, 50M guaranteed. The broncos signed a new OT and a new OG. Payton making some good looking early moves.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trading away of Deforest Buckner was and still is a mistake

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT Hassan Ridgeway signed by the Texans.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Javon Hargrave signing tells us a lot about Kinlaw, but it doesn't sound good.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ok so if we want comp picks in 2024 - decent comp picks - we need our former players to do well correct? So far Jimmy Garapollo, Mike McGlinchey, Jimmy Ward, and Hassan Ridgeway. Jake Brendel next?

Granted, the comp picks will be off-set by Hargrave's value.

Don't like losing some of these players but the cap is the cap and needs to be managed. They key is to draft well every year and that's why i like leaning to Best Player Available.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so if we want comp picks in 2024 - decent comp picks - we need our former players to do well correct? So far Jimmy Garapollo, Mike McGlinchey, Jimmy Ward, and Hassan Ridgeway. Jake Brendel next?

Granted, the comp picks will be off-set by Hargrave's value.

Don't like losing some of these players but the cap is the cap and needs to be managed. They key is to draft well every year and that's why i like leaning to Best Player Available.
Lost: Jimmy G, McGlinchey, J.Ward, H.Ridgeway
Signed: Hargrave, Darnold

Brendel could be next since I've seen a few other centers get signed. Brunskill is still unsigned too.

Al-Shaair is likely next up to leave, as he's rumored to be heading to Houston, but nothing has been reported yet.

I am wondering about the rest of our DL FAs. Ebukam, Omenihu, Hyder, and Willis.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E.Moseley signs with teh Detroit Lions on a 1yr, 6M deal.

Niners resign Brendel to a 4yr deal.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lost: Jimmy G, McGlinchey, J.Ward, H.Ridgeway

Brendel could be next since I've seen a few other centers get signed. Brunskill is still unsigned too.

Al-Shaair is likely next up to leave, as he's rumored to be heading to Houston, but nothing has been reported yet.

I am wondering about the rest of our DL FAs. Ebukam, Omenihu, Hyder, and Willis.
Not expecting Darnold to play so his impact to the comp formula should be negligible. I would think Ridgeway's comp value will negate Darnolds? Whereas JG, McGlinchey, and Ward will all start for their new teams.

I will guess they resign one of either Hyder or Willis, more liikely Willis?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
E.Moseley signs with teh Detroit Lions on a 1yr, 6M deal.

Niners resign Brendel to a 4yr deal.
Ok, we couldn't fit Mosely at $6M, so thats the way it goes.

Re-signing Brendel surprises me, but a pleasant surprise.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Azeez Al-Shaair expected to sign with the Titans.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Azeez Al-Shaair expected to sign with the Titans.
I would think both Azeez al-Shaair and E. Mosely will be starters for their new teams too?

We're losing quite a few players who'll start for others, increasing comp picks in 2024.

Having more draft picks is great, but you still need to "choose wisely".

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost: Jimmy G, McGlinchey, J.Ward, H.Ridgeway, Al-Shaair, E.Moseley

Sure looks like we'll be getting some comp picks next year. Hargrave cancels out either Jimmy or McGlinchey and we'll get a 3rd for the other. Darnold (if he qualifies) would cancel out Ridgeway. That would leave JImmy/McGlinchey, Ward, Al-Shaair, and Moseley as losses and we'd reach the 4-pick comp max. And we still could lose guys like Ebukam.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sure looks like we'll be getting some comp picks next year. Hargrave cancels out either Jimmy or McGlinchey and we'll get a 3rd for the other. Darnold (if he qualifies) would cancel out Ridgeway. That would leave JImmy/McGlinchey, Ward, Al-Shaair, and Moseley as losses and we'd reach the 4-pick comp max. And we still could lose guys like Ebukam.
Goes to show just how stacked this team WAS, too bad for our QB situation.

Life goes on...................draft well and you keep it "stacked".

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like things are going pretty much as anticipated, with the only surprise (for me) being Darnold. I'm sad to see Moseley go, though. Darnold's deal certainly isn't expensive, but just surprised he wouldn't seek a guaranteed back-up job. Given our history, maybe he's counting on seeing some legit playing time. Wonder if the recent rumors of Matt Ryan getting released changes things.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Seems like things are going pretty much as anticipated, with the only surprise (for me) being Darnold. I'm sad to see Moseley go, though. Darnold's deal certainly isn't expensive, but just surprised he wouldn't seek a guaranteed back-up job. Given our history, maybe he's counting on seeing some legit playing time. Wonder if the recent rumors of Matt Ryan getting released changes things.
I was expecting a "lower" or cheaper QB than Darnold, but since Shannahan sees something in him, fine. At this point we can't assume Purdy's rehab will turn out 100%, can't assume our QB's will remain healthy all season, so higher potential is fine.

Apparently we were all wrong on E. Mosely thinking his injury gave us a chance. Yeah too bad because he would've been a good keep, we need CB depth. Hopefully he plays REALLY well unless of course, he's playing the 49ers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not surprising, Ebukam (Colts) and Omenihu (Chiefs) are signing elsewhere. These guys are being offered more than we can fit and can't blame them for seeking better deals. Still say we resign either Hyder or Willis?

Looks like Brunskill is signing with the Titans, oh well.

We've lost a LOT of talent from last season's roster, as evidenced by how many are being signed to decent contracts.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Will not Return​

Other than Ridgeway and Brunskill, these contracts seem to suggest all will be starters? Is the comp formula player per player or is it comprehensive? If comprehensive, this amount of starters will surely "swamp" Hargrave. The amount of the contract affects it a little bit, so even Ebukam and Omenihu are decent comps.

Not expecting Darnold to play at all, so minimal impact to the comp formula.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will not Return​

Other than Ridgeway and Brunskill, these contracts seem to suggest all will be starters? Is the comp formula player per player or is it comprehensive? If comprehensive, this amount of starters will surely "swamp" Hargrave. The amount of the contract affects it a little bit, so even Ebukam and Omenihu are decent comps.

Not expecting Darnold to play at all, so minimal impact to the comp formula.
The comp formula is players gained vs. players lost. Each outside player signed cancels out one player lost. We'll be losing a lot more players than we sign.

No doubt we'll be getting the max of 4 comps, with one likely being a 3rd rounder. We got a 5th rounder for DJ Jones, who signed a 10M/yr deal in Denver last year and this year Ebukam and Omenihu both signed similar contracts (9-10M/yr), so we could end up landing 5ths for them as well. It'll be interesting to see what Al-Shaair signed for, but I don't see it being 10M/yr. From the look of their contracts, Moseley and Ward look like 6th round comps. And we can only get 4, so landing a 3rd, 2 5ths and a 6th would be pretty nice.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners sign Raiders DE Clelin Ferrell to a 1 year deal. He'll be another reclamation project like Arden Key and Kerry Hyder.

Niners also sign Falcons CB Isaiah Oliver to a 2 year deal. He's being brought in as the nickel back. Looks like they're gonna keep Demo on the outside.

The team decided not to tender LB Demetrius Flannigan-Fowles, making him a free agent. That move surprises me a little with us losing Al Shaair, I figured DFF would be one of the first guys to get a crack at the starting lineup.