• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Freddy at 3B?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddy is done as a Giant. He will sign a 2M/1yr deal with the Doggies next year so he can retire with the team he TRULY loves...

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddy is done as a Giant. He will sign a 2M/1yr deal with the Doggies next year so he can retire with the team he TRULY loves...

Exactly, cal. Appreciate all that he did for us but he shouldn't think for a second we've forgotten that George lopez interview.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, cal. Appreciate all that he did for us but he shouldn't think for a second we've forgotten that George lopez interview.

Were you pissed by that thing as well, or just adding to my tirade at the time to it?

I will always rate Franchez as a good Giants, but he will NEVER be embraced the way PTMFB, Huff, Nuschler, or even Ross will be 10, 15, 20 years from now. All because of that interview.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray could pull a hammy surfing the web.......

after he got to San Francisco. He never played less than 150 games the year after his rookie season (because his debut was on April 26th) and before he became a Giant (because he was suddenly made of glass). He was the epitome of a smart investment from a health standpoint. I'm not saying Freddy wasn't a smart investment. There is hardware that suggests otherwise. It just isn't as much of a surprise that a guy with as many childhood ailments and stints on the DL as Franchez would be forcing me to watch the Error Mobile (and Lack of Range) Merry-Go-Round we are currently left with.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
after he got to San Francisco. He never played less than 150 games the year after his rookie season (because his debut was on April 26th) and before he became a Giant (because he was suddenly made of glass). He was the epitome of a smart investment from a health standpoint. I'm not saying Freddy wasn't a smart investment. There is hardware that suggests otherwise. It just isn't as much of a surprise that a guy with as many childhood ailments and stints on the DL as Franchez would be forcing me to watch the Error Mobile (and Lack of Range) Merry-Go-Round we are currently left with.

Thick legged 32 year old secondbasemen are never a good investment. :behindsofa:

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddy was the better fielder.

Yeah. On one of the boards I hung out on back in 2004-06 Durham was nicknamed "Clank" (for the sound of the ball hitting his iron glove).

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice tense usage. :heh:

Unfortunately, I think Freddy may be done (at least for this season).

If he is done for the year, I can't imagine he'll be anything more than a backup for the rest of his (short) career.

Coletti will jump all over him as a backup.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you pissed by that thing as well, or just adding to my tirade at the time to it?

I will always rate Franchez as a good Giants, but he will NEVER be embraced the way PTMFB, Huff, Nuschler, or even Ross will be 10, 15, 20 years from now. All because of that interview.

Yep, same boat bro.

He should be invited to all the 2010 team anniversary ceremonies but he tore his invitation to my Giants HOF with that interview.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. On one of the boards I hung out on back in 2004-06 Durham was nicknamed "Clank" (for the sound of the ball hitting his iron glove).

Reminds me of the Giants promo commercial of a player (JT Snow?) actually using his gold glove to field

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of the Giants promo commercial of a player (JT Snow?) actually using his gold glove to field

Wasn't that an A's commercial with Eric Chavez? (or maybe two separate commercials, too)

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably so.

However

I take this moment to remind the august compendium here of another high-priced, injury prone infielder who everyone here hated because he performed well below expectations

Until

the 2010 playoffs

and especially

the 2010 World Series.

You never know. You just never know.

106431666_crop_650x440.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT was just on with Tom...

And he totally threw Franchez under the bus. He was saying that Freddy is not old school, and is saving himself for his next contract, while on the Gs dime.

While I am not a HUGE Franchez fan, I have a hard time accusing him dogging it. Dude is just made of glass. I believe he leaves everything on the field.

BUT...

JT is a bit closer to the situation than I am. Could there be something there?

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT was just on with Tom...

And he totally threw Franchez under the bus. He was saying that Freddy is not old school, and is saving himself for his next contract, while on the Gs dime.

While I am not a HUGE Franchez fan, I have a hard time accusing him dogging it. Dude is just made of glass. I believe he leaves everything on the field.

BUT...

JT is a bit closer to the situation than I am. Could there be something there?

The fact that it was JT saying it, rather than some talking head, certainly carries more weight. That might be the first time I've read about Snow saying a bad thing about anybody. Either way, I'm with you as far as being a little skeptical. From what we have seen in the past, JT's assessment doesn't seem to fit Franchez's personality. EDIT: Then again, what the fuck do I know?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that it was JT saying it, rather than some talking head, certainly carries more weight. That might be the first time I've read about Snow saying a bad thing about anybody. Either way, I'm with you as far as being a little skeptical. From what we have seen in the past, JT's assessment doesn't seem to fit Franchez's personality. EDIT: Then again, what the fuck do I know?

Um, er, uh, well........

:think:

You know enough to know you don't know everything. Ya know?