• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Franklin called up

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per John Heyman of CBS Nick Franklin has been recalled and could be seeing some OF time.

The speculation started last night when he was pulled from the game in Tacoma in the 8th inning.

Havent seen the corresponding move yet but I have heard it could be Morrison heading to the DL with that Hammy issue.

Hopefully they can find a way to get him in the lineup for often then not or else it wont be worth it.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it. He is off to a good start in AAA. RF production couldn't be much worse.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see his bat in the lineup often. I suspect Morrison to hit the DL. I am very curious to see where he will fit into everything and where he will see playing time.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not like his RF D could be any worse then Lomo.....

I dont like Romero being up in the platoon though, put him in the minors for every day ab's

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont like Romero being up in the platoon though, put him in the minors for every day ab's

I can't stand how they are handling Romero. Either play him or send him down. He is a player I believe can hit at the MLB level. But with the amount they are playing him what do you expect? Meanwhile they kept running a terrible Morrison out there. I am actually somewhat glad he won't be out there for awhile.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not so sure about the defense part of what you said.

ackley came a few inches away from either badly injuring himself, brad miller, or both the other day.

inexperience.

it may be an easier position than 2B or SS, but it's not like it doesn't take a lot of work to be able to play it decently at the MLB level.

but this move is the very definition of "fine". hope franklin gets some good reps in.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Franklin can learn to play RF that would be outstanding going into the season I said that we were weak in the OF and that we really didnt have anybody to call up to see what he can do. I wasnt a big fan of almonte and although ackley is doing well so far it is very possible he will crash and turn into the .230 hitter we all know and love. We probably should have had him play RF during spring training before doing it now when the games count. But like someone mentioned he cant possibly be worse than logan morrison and there are plenty of RFs in the league that dont have a glove

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look what happened to Kole Calhoun of the Angels last night. Another one of their OF's go down... Anyways...Franklin has ZERO experience out there. I dont want him to get injured. He is still trade package material. I do think they should let him and Cano go back and forth from DH to 2B that way we can get both their bats in there. Maybe let him and Miller alternate SS and DH? Then just leave Cano where he is. I'm forgetting about Hart but hmm idk I don't mind the youth. I want to see what James Jones can do too. I mean if Franklin does decent in the OF and he keeps hitting maybe we solve our need for that RF bat with some pop?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're more likely to see Jones, Hart and Bloomquist out in right field than Franklin anytime soon.