• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore happy to play for a different QB

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Gore is clearly happy he's not playing with Colin Kaepernick anymore | Sun Times National
So I guess people show their true feelings about their QB once they leave the team. Frank Gore is clearly happy to be out of SF and away from Kaepernick.

In Kaep's defense though, even if he does have the potential to be an elite QB, it will never happen in SF. Jed York wants things done his way (even though mommy and daddy bought him the team) or the highway and he will never get the proper guidance. Unless you count "perform well or get fired" as "guidance." Jed York is a worse owner than Snyder or Loria could ever hope to be IMHO.

But everyone has something to say after they leave the 49ers I've noticed. I wonder what Reggie Bush will say once he leaves. No secret what Harbaugh thinks, even though he's not as good a coach as some were led to believe.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Colin is doomed without Harbaugh. Harbaugh understands how to make QBs succeed. It was pretty obvious when Harbaugh was just mailing it in last year that Colin suffered. When Harbaugh was actually 'there' Colin did fine.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking to a 49ers fan the other day. I said "Kaepernick is a dead man walking." To which he responded "So who you gonna start instead?" I had nothing.

It hurts my feelings not in the least to see this franchise in disarray. Harbaugh and Kaepernick set them back half a decade at least.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking to a 49ers fan the other day. I said "Kaepernick is a dead man walking." To which he responded "So who you gonna start instead?" I had nothing.

It hurts my feelings not in the least to see this franchise in disarray. Harbaugh and Kaepernick set them back half a decade at least.

This team went from a young talented group positioned to be Super Bowl contenders for years to come to middle of the road nobodies in 1 calendar year. That's pretty special in a bad way.

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh took the team that Singletary built to the Super Bowl. Except he also stuck them with Kaepernick. People forget that Singletary put those great teams together (and Jed York fired him because he's a d!ck of an owner) and that Harbaugh destroyed them. Kaepernick is not their QB of the future but right now they have nobody else.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh took the team that Singletary built to the Super Bowl. Except he also stuck them with Kaepernick. People forget that Singletary put those great teams together (and Jed York fired him because he's a d!ck of an owner) and that Harbaugh destroyed them. Kaepernick is not their QB of the future but right now they have nobody else.

IMO Mike had taken the team as far as he could...the D was SB ready, but just didn't have the OFC pedigree to turn A. Smith around...Harbaugh basically came in and did one thing...he dumbed the game down for Smith and the turnovers decreased drastically and off they went, but he really turned Smith into check down Charlie.

When Harbaugh saw that Smith's underneath game was not going to get in it done in the playoffs, he decided to stay with the hot hand even though he was not as polished as A. Smith...Like most young QBs, once the league had enough tape on him, he started struggling. In the right hands, imo Kaep can be an effective QB (idk about SBs), but once Harbaugh and the FO could not find middle ground...he checked out mentally and Kaep's performance fell further.

Tough spot for a rookie HC.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Gore is clearly happy he's not playing with Colin Kaepernick anymore | Sun Times National
So I guess people show their true feelings about their QB once they leave the team. Frank Gore is clearly happy to be out of SF and away from Kaepernick.

In Kaep's defense though, even if he does have the potential to be an elite QB, it will never happen in SF. Jed York wants things done his way (even though mommy and daddy bought him the team) or the highway and he will never get the proper guidance. Unless you count "perform well or get fired" as "guidance." Jed York is a worse owner than Snyder or Loria could ever hope to be IMHO.

But everyone has something to say after they leave the 49ers I've noticed. I wonder what Reggie Bush will say once he leaves. No secret what Harbaugh thinks, even though he's not as good a coach as some were led to believe.

I think Gore is just pumping up his new QB more than anything. Sanders did the same thing when he left PIT for DEN...nothing really juicy there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Colin is doomed without Harbaugh. Harbaugh understands how to make QBs succeed. It was pretty obvious when Harbaugh was just mailing it in last year that Colin suffered. When Harbaugh was actually 'there' Colin did fine.

Interesting comment. Not sure what to make of it, but maybe Harbaugh started mailing it in because Kaep and the team sucked so bad???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running the huddle comment did come off as a little of a cheap shot. But, not surprising that someone is impressed by the best young QB in the game

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team went from a young talented group positioned to be Super Bowl contenders for years to come to middle of the road nobodies in 1 calendar year. That's pretty special in a bad way.
The 49ers tumble has gotten so bad it is not even funny anymore.
The franchises with a "good owner" or good management, really have an advantage......

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers tumble has gotten so bad it is not even funny anymore.
The franchises with a "good owner" or good management, really have an advantage......

how about a great owner and great management like in Baltimore?

;)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about a great owner and great management like in Baltimore?

;)

Easy fish boy he was obviously talking about the Cowboys

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gore is just pumping up his new QB more than anything. Sanders did the same thing when he left PIT for DEN...nothing really juicy there.

Agreed. Still, its a pretty far cry from a couple years ago when Gore was Keap's biggest cheerleader it seemed, Coming out to after game interviews with Keap and speaking on how Keap was the shit.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the dislike from people about what Harbaugh and Kaepernick did in SF...that franchise was awful for several years and once Harbaugh arrived didn't they go to 3 or 4 straight NFC title games? harbaugh made SF competitive again.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duh!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the dislike from people about what Harbaugh and Kaepernick did in SF...that franchise was awful for several years and once Harbaugh arrived didn't they go to 3 or 4 straight NFC title games? harbaugh made SF competitive again.

...then left them in shambles.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...then left them in shambles.
well it seemed he didn't intentionally leave them in shambles, but more like management disliked him for whatever reason.

I think if Harbaugh was still there SF would be looking at competing once again for a top NFC spot.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but more like management disliked him for whatever reason.

Because he was a major asshole.

A talented one, but it was common knowledge before he ever even showed up in SF that this guy wears on people and many were always counting the days before it eventually burned out. Then after it did, everyone's like, "what happened?". Football isn't much different than any other job, you need to get along with people and build relationships to succeed. Now, from what I understand, Baalke isn't much different. And he deserves blame. But thats mostly hearsay, Harbaughs assholeness has been on full display for 30 years.