• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore Fined 10000$ for Socks too low in NFCCG

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Goodell is a flaming turd.

What would you have done if you were he?

It aint easy being the boss.
stheboss.jpg

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you have done if you were he?

It aint easy being the boss.
stheboss.jpg

I understand your argument and I say it is valid that he should have worn the right attire. I completely agree with that, its the fine amount, and in compared to others, it is bogus.

A. Gore, Frank RB SF Other Uniform/Equipment Violation $10,500.00 01/23/2013

B.Williams, Tramon CB GB Striking/Kicking/Kneeing $7,875.00 01/04/2013

C.Spikes, Takeo LB SD Fighting $7,875.00 01/04/2013.

So it is worst to wear your socks too low than to fight, Strike, Kick or Knee? Especially since Goodell's whole "thing" since becoming Commissioner has been player safety. One can argue your point and thats fine, however, I find it a big fat load of shit.

By the way if anyone is curious here is a link to fines for this season.

2012 NFL Fines/Suspensions Tracker

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So it is worst to wear your socks too low than to fight, Strike, Kick or Knee? Especially since Goodell's whole "thing" since becoming Commissioner has been player safety. One can argue your point and thats fine, however, I find it a big fat load of shit.
2012 NFL Fines/Suspensions Tracker

The striking, kicking & kneeing is an inevitable part of the game, and it depends on how blatant it is & how often a player does it. There's a fine line between fighting and football. If a player barely crosses the line with unnecessary roughness, I'm fine (no pun intended) with a fine less than that of a sock violation.

Uniform violations are just disregard for the rules. It's ignoring part of being an NFL employee. And if they were less than $5,000 to $10,000 fines, the players would ignore them a lot more.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me get this straight...

brady tries to harpoon someone with his cleats, yet gore gets fined for his fucking socks?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
let me get this straight...

brady tries to harpoon someone with his cleats, yet gore gets fined for his fucking socks?

One has nothing to do with the other, and it's impossible to prove he "tried to harpoon someone." I think it was chippy, but it wasn't so blatant that he deserved a $50,000 fine.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, to everyone trashing Goodell:

1. How much money would you have fined Gore for the uniform violation?
2. How much money would you have fined Brady for the leg lift?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One has nothing to do with the other, and it's impossible to prove he "tried to harpoon someone." I think it was chippy, but it wasn't so blatant that he deserved a $50,000 fine.

its pretty obvious what brady was doing

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, to everyone trashing Goodell:

1. How much money would you have fined Gore for the uniform violation?
2. How much money would you have fined Brady for the leg lift?

1. 10,500
2. 10,000

I hate Goodell, he's an ass. ;)

I don't know what I would fine, I don't hate Goodell. I'm ambivalent because I feel there will always be someone in authority and we'll always complain about them. We'd like to say we wouldn't with a reasonable guy, but we wouldn't. And before anyone extends this to me being ok with a boss that wasn't reasonable, no my feelings on this only extends to the NFL. I don't care what boss they have, only who I have or other cases where it affects me or my family/friends. 10,500 to Gore means nothing to me. (I would hate suspensions of any Niner, of course.)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
its pretty obvious what brady was doing

So how much would you have fined him?

And how much would you have fined Gore?

...Not getting a whole lot of feedback on that question. It's pretty easy to criticize someone when you don't have a better idea.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

...Not getting a whole lot of feedback on that question. It's pretty easy to criticize someone when you don't have a better idea.

You have obviously missed my point. Which is that Goodell has been all about player safety yet he is fining players more for sock violations than for fighting and other physical contact violations. Which to me is a load of shit. I have already agreed that Gore should have been fined, but it should not be as much as a physical violation. maybe $5000 if players are only getting $7500 for fighting. (see previous post with fine breakdown for the season.)

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have obviously missed my point. Which is that Goodell has been all about player safety yet he is fining players more for sock violations than for fighting and other physical contact violations. Which to me is a load of shit. I have already agreed that Gore should have been fined, but it should not be as much as a physical violation. maybe $5000 if players are only getting $7500 for fighting. (see previous post with fine breakdown for the season.)

This all good points.

I would also think anywhere from $1,000-5,000 at the most.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i thought brady should have been a lot more and close to a suspension

mufasa76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First of all, I think we should be happy he even got fined at all. Second of all, you're comparing apples & oranges. Violations like Brady's are extremely subjective. One can argue he didn't do anything wrong, and one can say he was trying to kick a dude in the balls. It's a jugement call. That's why the fine ammounts can get so weird.

Uniform violations are (no pun intended) uniform. This much for this violation the first time, this much for the 2nd time, etc.

I'm so sick of people harping on those who enforce the friggn' rules when the person who violated the rule knew about it beforehand.

True, but sometimes you also have to take a look at who is violating the rule and punish accordingly..I don't think Gore will intentionally pull is socks down and it was probably something he didn't even notice in the heat of the game..my 2 cents...