• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FOX is talking about Belichek being the best in history

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not being given credit for stuff he didn't event. When did I say he invented any of that. He did adjust it. He's the first guy that was able to have ridiculous success with a ball control throwing offense. You think this was some paint by number thing?

UMMM, no he wasn't. Don was having success before him, hence the nicknam "Air".

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMMM, no he wasn't. Don was having success before him, hence the nicknam "Air".

Um, no? What dynasty did he build? I'm done. You win. Walsh was just regurgitating a bunch of crap that someone else showed him. And as far as that goes, what kind of innovation did BB ever bring to the league besides supreme paranoia and bending the rules? What the fuck is your argument?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, no? What dynasty did he build? I'm done. You win. Walsh was just regurgitating a bunch of crap that someone else showed him. And as far as that goes, what kind of innovation did BB ever bring to the league besides supreme paranoia and bending the rules? What the fuck is your argument?

Ahhhh whittle baby had his feelings hurt. Really?

Once again, s l o w l y for you

Wash was a great coach, but he didn't innovate the so called west coast offense, but people want to give him credit for it due to an error by a reporter decades ago.

He learned it from Paul Brown and then went on to use it effectively. That's it.

He, like BB, also benefited from having Hall of Fame QB play.

But heaven forbid the truth be pointed out about him now that fans like yourself have annointed him Sainthood.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhhh whittle baby had his feelings hurt. Really?

Once again, s l o w l y for you

Wash was a great coach, but he didn't innovate the so called west coast offense, but people want to give him credit for it due to an error by a reporter decades ago.

He learned it from Paul Brown and then went on to use it effectively. That's it.

He, like BB, also benefited from having Hall of Fame QB play.

But heaven forbid the truth be pointed out about him now that fans like yourself have annointed him Sainthood.

Yeah, that's it. To the tune of 3 super bowls and 1 with Seifert on auto-pilot.

How the hell did I get sucked into this. I think bb is a great coach. I don't think he's the best ever. And the two guys I pointed out have pretty fucking impressive resumes and demonstrated crap that are still in use today.

Now Walsh gets no credit for developing the WCO to the tune of 4 super bowls. I think I've heard it all.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's it. To the tune of 3 super bowls and 1 with Seifert on auto-pilot.

How the hell did I get sucked into this. I think bb is a great coach. I don't think he's the best ever. And the two guys I pointed out have pretty fucking impressive resumes and demonstrated crap that are still in use today.

Now Walsh gets no credit for developing the WCO to the tune of 4 super bowls. I think I've heard it all.

So Walsh is great because of his SB wins, but BB, who has more SB wins is the lesser.:L

And he gets no credit because he didn't develop it, he copied it.

You'll hate this I'm sure, and will not be able to see it through your homerism and hatred for BB, but he once said there is nothing innovative in modern football. It's all been done before. (Keep in mind he is also considered to be one of the most knowledgeable people waking the earth when it comes to the history of football.)

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Walsh is great because of his SB wins, but BB, who has more SB wins is the lesser.:L

And he gets no credit because he didn't develop it, he copied it.

You'll hate this I'm sure, and will not be able to see it through your homerism and hatred for BB, but he once said there is nothing innovative in modern football. It's all been done before. (Keep in mind he is also considered to be one of the most knowledgeable people waking the earth when it comes to the history of football.)

No, Walsh is great because he was able to take the WCO, put his signature on it, and put together the team of the 80's based upon that. I hate using the word "obtuse" but you're just the definition of it right now.

Typical Pats fan BS. "BB is the greatest ever!". "No, I think this other coach who's ridiculously successful as well is better" "You're an ignorant fuck who doesn't know what they're talking about!"

And please answer the question, WHAT THE FUCK HAS BB DONE THAT WOULD EVER BE MISTAKEN AS INNOVATIVE (BECAUSE IT'S ALL APPARENTLY MISPLACED CREDIT IN YOUR BOOK)????

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Walsh is great because he was able to take the WCO, put his signature on it, and put together the team of the 80's based upon that. I hate using the word "obtuse" but you're just the definition of it right now.

Typical Pats fan BS. "BB is the greatest ever!". "No, I think this other coach who's ridiculously successful as well is better" "You're an ignorant fuck who doesn't know what they're talking about!"

And please answer the question, WHAT THE FUCK HAS BB DONE THAT WOULD EVER BE MISTAKEN AS INNOVATIVE (BECAUSE IT'S ALL APPARENTLY MISPLACED CREDIT IN YOUR BOOK)????

Neither of them are innovative, that's the point. They are simply using variations of what has already been done. What they are great at is coaching. There is nothing innovative in Chess, but some people are just better at it.

By the way, Walsh didn't have to deal with the modern salary cap and FA like BB.:nod:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of them are innovative, that's the point. They are simply using variations of what has already been done. What they are great at is coaching. There is nothing innovative in Chess, but some people are just better at it.

By the way, Walsh didn't have to deal with the modern salary cap and FA like BB.:nod:

Whatever, you win. You're just going to respond for the sake of responding until I don't anymore. Just respond to this one and call it a day.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever, you win. You're just going to respond for the sake of responding until I don't anymore. Just respond to this one and call it a day.

Not at all, you just seem to be unable to come to the realization of what they are each great at, and want it to be more than it is.

So just out of curiosity how many SB does BB have to win to surpass Walsh in your mind? He has 6 rings now, how many more is enough? At least then we will know when the benchmark is hit or he retires short.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
d7df0fbfca63a203d08ed4907aa71a26.gif

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all, you just seem to be unable to come to the realization of what they are each great at, and want it to be more than it is.

So just out of curiosity how many SB does BB have to win to surpass Walsh in your mind? He has 6 rings now, how many more is enough? At least then we will know when the benchmark is hit or he retires short.

I don't have a number and I don't think it's number based. I think BB is smart enough to listen to Brady when he says what he needs, give it to him, and do his thing. That wasn't the case early on when the Pats were a defensive force. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve credit, but lets face it. Tom Brady has basically been the OC of this team for a while and this is a pass heavy team that's built around offense. I don't think BB sucks. I don't think he isn't top 5 since 1980 which is when I started following the league religiously. I just don't get the "man, this guy is doing something completely different that the league hasn't seen before" vibe and that's what I'm judging coaches on.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a number and I don't think it's number based. I think BB is smart enough to listen to Brady when he says what he needs, give it to him, and do his thing. That wasn't the case early on when the Pats were a defensive force. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve credit, but lets face it. Tom Brady has basically been the OC of this team for a while and this is a pass heavy team that's built around offense. I don't think BB sucks. I don't think he isn't top 5 since 1980 which is when I started following the league religiously. I just don't get the "man, this guy is doing something completely different that the league hasn't seen before" vibe and that's what I'm judging coaches on.

That post by itself shows you actually know nothing about the New England Patriots, and that's understandable since you don't follow them, but your statement couldn't be more wrong.

And by the way, love how you are unwilling to man up and commit to a number. I suspect it's because you know there is a very strong change he surpasses him with headcoach SB wins, and know he already has more overall.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Belichick was awesome in Cleveland.

He was great in year 1 at New England....and kicking ass at 0-2 about to be fired in year before a fluke injury forced him to play an unknown Tom Brady.

If Bledsoe doesnt get hurt, the genius never plays Tom and is fired by about 2002.

So, lets give some credit to Tom Brady.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game he certainly wasn't

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure its a different game in that respect but that doesn't diminish what those great teams of yesteryear accomplished. Quit trying to compare apples to oranges.

It was you that acted is if those eras could be compared and I pointed out that they are two different fruit. :L

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Brown is the father of the modern passing game. Then came Don Coryell who took it the next level.

Next up was Bill Walsh, but he was stuck with a skinny, rag armed kid from Notre Dame and he had to adjust it into a 5 yd dink and dunk offense. Other teams have improved upon that.

the end.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is 2 games in a row now where Belichick horribly mismanaged everything.

Denver and Philly could have been Patriots wins (especially Denver) with BB being moronic.

He is a great coach, but the last 2 weeks have not been his finest efforts.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is 2 games in a row now where Belichick horribly mismanaged everything.

Denver and Philly could have been Patriots wins (especially Denver) with BB being moronic.

He is a great coach, but the last 2 weeks have not been his finest efforts.

What is curious to me is the substantial increase in deep passes with a receiving corp that is depleted.