• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it really ended up being - mostly - a punt.

On the surface, both seem to go against Trump, since the court rejected the overwhelming majority of his immunity claim, but without really ruling on the validity of the subpoenas themselves, instead remanding back to lower courts for additional proceedings. This will drag on seems to more-or-less guarantee nobody sees his records until at least after the election.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump gonna test his 5th avenue theory now ?

Sirens ring, the shots ring out
A stranger cries, screams out loud
I had my world strapped against my back
I held my hands, never knew how to act

And the same black lives matters that was drawn on you
Was drawn on me
And now it's drawn me in
5th Avenue heartache

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sirens ring, the shots ring out
A stranger cries, screams out loud
I had my world strapped against my back
I held my hands, never knew how to act

And the same black lives matters that was drawn on you
Was drawn on me
And now it's drawn me in
5th Avenue heartache

bob dylan be like ... damn son
tumblr_m8t879IUCO1qzk9r2o1_500.gifv

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump may just explode today (dare to dream).

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia Lt. Gov. Geoff Duncan said he and Gov. Brian Kemp (R) support people wearing masks but don’t see a need to mandate that Georgians do so even as coronavirus infections, hospitalizations and deaths continue to rise in the state. “We are encouraging every single person in our state, all 11 million Georgians in every community, to wear a mask when at all possible,” Duncan (R) said in a Thursday interview with CNN’s “New Day.” “I think this whole notion of trying to mandate somewhat becomes a distraction, and it’s hard to enforce.”

Yes, but have you looked at the data? Because it shows that when things are MANDATED, that compliance with the best practice increases tremendously. Cell phone data showed huge and immediate drop offs in activity after stay-at-home orders were issued in states. It doesn't even matter that police are largely not enforcing it or if they don't enforce it at all, it matters that the (1) messaging is clear and (2) the directives are well defined and easy to follow.

Nuance and exceptions make bad hockey refereeing and they make bad public health directives. And people leading government should already fucking know this.

Also, we are doing a world class TERRIBLE job at this from (1) the public attitudes of our society (fuck you, dumb rednecks, science is real) to the (2) complete lack of leadership from the President going against the recommendations of actual health experts to (3) confusing state messaging and conflicting rules that DON'T WORK for a NATIONAL health problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.