• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forward looking...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Banner commented on that. It was his Winston Justice moment.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was fired because he left Marcus in the game after suffering an injury. He wound up playing with a leg brace in the 2nd half. Plus he took another nasty hit in the 2nd half. A big mistake to make with a franchise type QB.

That makes some sense. It's a better reason than most.

Still, I think expecting anything else than a losing season with a rookie QB and no experienced backup is unrealistic. This team was built to lose this year. Whisenhunt was simply fulfilling expectations.

You set your team up for long term failure when you fire a coach a year and a half into a contract. Its a huge red flag for attracting the next guy and your generally left with the 2nd tier candidates who will take any job just to get Head Coach on the resume. Kelly may like Mariotta, but I can't see him at all interested in working for that franchise. If it doesn't work out in Philly for him, I am sure he will find a nice college job.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes some sense. It's a better reason than most.

Still, I think expecting anything else than a losing season with a rookie QB and no experienced backup is unrealistic. This team was built to lose this year. Whisenhunt was simply fulfilling expectations.

You set your team up for long term failure when you fire a coach a year and a half into a contract. Its a huge red flag for attracting the next guy and your generally left with the 2nd tier candidates who will take any job just to get Head Coach on the resume. Kelly may like Mariotta, but I can't see him at all interested in working for that franchise. If it doesn't work out in Philly for him, I am sure he will find a nice college job.
Kelly will always have a job somewhere. A college coach with a winning reputation will soon depart from the NFL
if expectations are not reached. If Kelly fails to produce a playoff team for the Eagles this year he may return to the college ranks next year. I doubt if he would sign with another NFL team.